49ers-Seahawks could have flex appeal

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
SF plays at New England the week before on sunday night. I'm not sure they would have the same team play on SNF on back to back weeks

pehawk

Reaction score
Wow, aside from Hawks game, there's not much there. Saints v Cowboys?

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Wasn't the Eagles game last year a Sunday Night affair? It was a night game. Maybe it was a Thursday game.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
This whole thing was analyzed in an earlier thread, and it's playing out pretty much as suspected.

Giants at Ravens would be a great choice, but it's been protected, as we suspected. Bengals at Steelers is a decent choice, given that whoever loses is almost certainly not going to make the playoffs, but that's protected too (and has more of a regional appeal, anyway, with no big market teams).

If it's not us, it'll be Saints at Cowboys, because of the market size and the fact the 49ers play on the previous Sunday night. This of course assumes at least one team, ideally both, are still alive.

(Maybe Vikings at Texans?)

My understanding is that this will all be settled Tuesday the 11th, as they must provide essentially two weeks notice to all teams involved.

Seems to me that if I was making the decision, I'd rather have two teams that were playing for playoff positioning, than one team that was playing to keep from being eliminated and another team that was pretty much out of it... the first type of game is likely to have people watching for 3+ hours, the second type of game could easily be a blowout with people tuning out after 90 minutes...

Steve2222

Reaction score
If the national fan is anything like the internet fan, then a lot of people want to see Russell Wilson. He's become quite the topic on social networks on other NFL message boards. Factor in it will more than likely be for the divisional crown, with one of the teams being a storied franchise with a huge national following, I dont see how SF @ SEA gets flexed into primetime.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sucks that we won't be playing them full force. Without Sherman and Browner, we're just not nearly as physical as we would be. Not that the dry humping, Niner loving media will point any of that out.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2axlit9z said:
Sucks that we won't be playing them full force. Without Sherman and Browner, we're just not nearly as physical as we would be. Not that the dry humping, Niner loving media will point any of that out.

We have Russell Wilson, don't need anything more.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":91ksjwdi said:
SoulfishHawk":91ksjwdi said:

We have Russell Wilson, don't need anything more.

Maybe bring back Nick Reed for that little extra (or huge) boost of awesomeness?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sorry, but Wilson doesn't play defense, and w/out those 2 guys, the Hawks are not nearly the team they are at full strength. Good enough to beat average teams sure, but this drastically changes our chances vs. the Niners, even at home.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The ONLY way I see this not happening is because NBC has the 49ers on SNF the week before.

Otherwise - it seems like a safe bet to go down.