Do you think Wilson is getting tired of Bevell's playcalling

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Russell Wilson has had 66 rushing attempts this year. He has 30 of those attempts in the last four games. I personally believe that Russell is getting tired of waiting for plays to develop and he has took it upon himself to take the game over. I have noticed that the Hawks have instituted the handoff, keeper option more.

I know the Bevell topic has been discussed numerous times but I think that the play calling is holding Russell back. The lack of killer instinct our OC shows during games is frustrating as hell. RW had 5 rushes total on the past two drives of the game. It seems like RW has shown that he will win in spite of the play calling. It will be interesting to see if this trend continues.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Another post from the "gut". No facts or stats to base this on, just going with your gut.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
No. His stats are good (great) and he is throwing the plays he can make. Next year he will call audibles I suspect ( abet rarely )

SuperFreak

Reaction score
Wilson should probably be coaching the team and QBing for us, he's that good.

OP
OP
bevellisthedevil

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anybody else thinks he feels handcuffed is all. Thanks for all of your insightful opinions or lack there of.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
storm74":3le2isdx said:
I was just wondering if anybody else thinks he feels handcuffed is all. Thanks for all of your insightful opinions or lack there of.

Why would he want to run more? More chance of injury (which by his reactions to an incoming hit he doesn't like), and he wouldn't be as much of a pocket QB, which would handcuff the offense eventually. Wilson may scramble, but he's gonna learn to use the pocket like a normal QB as well.

I don't want Wilson turning into RG IR 3, so let's keep the runs at a minimum.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
storm74":1oepfcjk said:

Lack there of? If your were a rookie QB in the NFL and was having the success that Wilson is having would you be criticizing the people that made it possible. Is it that hard to come up with the answer?

Wiseguy

Reaction score
I don't want Wilson turning into RG IR 3, so let's keep the runs at a minimum.

GENIUS!!!!!! :thirishdrinkers: :mrgreen: :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
bevellisthedevil

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
I am sorry, I guess I don't understand the genius of Bevell. I must be missing something. I don't want RW running either.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
storm74":3fr2ka9u said:
I am sorry, I guess I don't understand the genius of Bevell. I must be missing something. I don't want RW running either.

If the offense has success, the share should go to Wilson AND Bevell. Back when it was doing bad, the share of the blame should have gone to Wilson AND Bevell, but it seemed to all go to Bevell. Now all the praise goes to Wilson.

Bevell is actually a very good play caller. Want examples? Here ya go:

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/12/6/373 ... es-tillman

This is fantastic situational football. I give credit here to Darrell Bevell for calling this play, expecting to pick up 7-10 yards. A 4th and 4 is a far, far better prospect than 4th and 7.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Yes, RW has actually been drawing all new plays in the grass during the huddle but the coaches have not caught onto it yet cuz he disquises them well enough to look like the real plays.