Miami Herald's Prediction of the Arizona Game

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • From Herald sports writer Greg Cote:

CARDINALS (4-8) at SEAHAWKS (7-5)
    Line: SEA by 10 1/2.
    Cote’s pick: SEA 19-16.

John Skelton replaces Ryan Lindley at QB for Cacti, which helps a little I guess, but Seattle defense still should dominate. Cardbirds have lost eight in a row but I still see the betting line as fat. ’Zona has won past two over Hawks including 20-16 on Sept. 9, and visitors’ defense is good enough to keep this close, too, in what should be a low-scoring game.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/06/3 ... picks.html
    Keyhawk
    NET Rookie

• seems pretty reasonable
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• I don't know, RW is a lot different then the 1st time they met. the only way its close is if the O plays bad and It comes down to the D and WT3 in place of Browner IMO.

But in Tanzania I trust!!!!!!
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!

Long Live Tanzania and Mt. Killamanjaro. In you we trust!
    Wiseguy
    NET Rookie

• I dont agree. this offense is not Septembers 1st QB start offense.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I disagree. This will be over by the 3rd quarter.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Wiseguy wrote:I don't know, RW is a lot different then the 1st time they met. the only way its close is if the O plays bad and It comes down to the D and WT3 in place of Browner IMO.

Arizona has a bad ass defense that always gives us issues. Plus it's a division game. I'd be very surprised if we ran away from them.

The only way it's close? The cards have been in the games they lost. People arnt blowing thier doors off.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Tech Worlds wrote:
    Wiseguy wrote:I don't know, RW is a lot different then the 1st time they met. the only way its close is if the O plays bad and It comes down to the D and WT3 in place of Browner IMO.

Arizona has a bad ass defense that always gives us issues. Plus it's a division game. I'd be very surprised if we ran away from them.

The only way it's close? The cards have been in the games they lost. People arnt blowing thier doors off.

If our offense plays they way they did against CHI I don't see the Cards keeping up with that. Im not saying the Cards D is a joke but if we keep the offensive progression going as we have, then I feel confident in a W!
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!

Wiseguy
    NET Rookie

• Tech Worlds wrote:
    Wiseguy wrote:I don't know, RW is a lot different then the 1st time they met. the only way its close is if the O plays bad and It comes down to the D and WT3 in place of Browner IMO.

This.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Wiseguy wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:

If our offense plays they way they did against CHI I don't see the Cards keeping up with that. Im not saying the Cards D is a joke but if we keep the offensive progression going as we have, then I feel confident in a W!

That was still a very close game.

Hope your optimism is justified but the Hawks have not done enough this season to make me think they are going to just slap aside anyone.

This game, the 49ers game, and the rams games are all going to be tough.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Remember the last Cards game was RW's 1st PRO REGULAR SEASON GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!! How many shots did we have at winning that game in the end of the 4th. Week 14 RW is Alot different than week 1 RW!

Edit: I am not in the ASSWHOOPING crowd just the convincing win crowd!
    Last edited by Wiseguy on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!

Wiseguy
    NET Rookie

• Really, at home RW has been steller. Our defense always plays better than on the road.

So what, AZ has "been in" games, they are going to get an ass whippin Sunday.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• They'll be energized coming home and will most likely win , I just hope they don't flop the following week
    twelfman
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• I took the -10 all day

This should not be close.
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Not a doubt in my mind that this will be a difficult game. It will be filled with physical play, cheap shots, personal fouls, punts, and offensive frustration. I am sure Seattle will win, probably because the last time Skelton saw the field he played with the confidence of a kitten, and Whiz further emasculated the guy by having him ride the pine while Lindley crapped the bed last week, but the Cards D is full of road warriors. They beat the Pats on the road, almost beat the Falcons without any offensive help, and played well enough to beat the Jets on the road last week as well.

Card offense is why we will win. Cards D is why it will be close for a while, maybe the whole game. The Cards pressure over 75 percent of snaps, so they will cause mistakes.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• If I were a betting man, I'd take Arizona to beat the spread, though Seattle's going to win the game. Their offense might not score, so we may only need a single FG to win...
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Feed the Beast, repeat often :tardssmall:
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• A few less dropped balls and that first game would have been a win.
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• My prediction is Hawks 24, Tards 13.

The Hawks cover but the game is not a blowout.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• This not and by not I mean by a long shot, the same team Arizona barely beat in Sept.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• It's the same defense though. Arizona's defense has kept them in all their games, despite having one of the worst offenses in the league.

THey aren't great against the run, but are 3rd against the pass. Peterson is 2nd in the league with 5 INT's.

Our offensive line isn't all that great, but we play good up here. If we can establish the run, and Wilson keeps the trend of no INT's at home, I can see us winning by 2 scores.

But ARI's defense is good, and they put a lot of pressure on the OL. I see us getting a lot of dumb penalties on offense. ARI has tape of the read option we run now, so I don't expect that to be as effective. Like I said, if we can run on them, then Play Action will work and we'll see some points. If not, I see us winning a close game. We're 0-3 in division, so we haven't been playing our rivals well.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• With the way our offense tends to disappear over a quarter or two I don't see us blowing out anyone, including the Tards. Hopefully that will change come Sunday; it would be nice to not have to yell at my TV for a change.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:16 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information