How are we not bragging about our offense more?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • This is starting to become one of the best areas on our team IMO. Football Outsiders and the eye test has confirmed that the last few games (especially because we've been going against amazing defenses).

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff2012

#2 WEIGHTED! HOLY CRAP!

The #4 ranked passing game, and the #7 ranked running game.

We need to start recognizing this unit as a big strength of our team. Some Hawk fans have called this unit borderline top 10. LOL, yeah right, this unit is top 5! Hell yeah!

Pete has created a very balanced team, and it will start paying off in the wins column. Just wait for it.

(Give Bevell some credit too guys)
    Last edited by hawksfan515 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• 7 - 5. Everything else is just spittle.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• The O line prevents me from getting too high on our offense. Smoke and mirrors....they are this team's weakest link (IMO). If we are to advance in the play offs, our D will really have to bring their A game, IMO.
    Having your views challenged is a lot more healthy than simply jabbering on with people who think exactly the same way as you.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• PlinytheCenter wrote:7 - 5. Everything else is just spittle.

Ehh but we gotta enjoy the little things :) (insert Wilson short joke as you see fit here)
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• PlinytheCenter wrote:7 - 5. Everything else is just spittle.

Well stated.
    Having your views challenged is a lot more healthy than simply jabbering on with people who think exactly the same way as you.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Russell Wilson, Golden Tate, Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin

Legion of Bloom
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

• You said "recognizing this unit".

heh heh heh

Ok...back on point. Yes -- ironically, the offense and defense have switched roles in the strength of the team department.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Seeker wrote:Russell Wilson, Golden Tate, Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin

Legion of Bloom

Don't forget Turbin!
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• No way this offense can be any good. We haven't fired Bevell yet. The brain trust that is .Net has decreed it !
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• HawkWow wrote:The O line prevents me from getting too high on our offense. Smoke and mirrors....they are this team's weakest link (IMO). If we are to advance in the play offs, our D will really have to bring their A game, IMO.

I think your wrong. The OL isn't that bad. You talk like this is the 2010 OL that was horrific. The fact is the OL is getting steadily better each year. Lead by Max Unger and Russell Okung this is a more than adequate unit. IMO the right side is the weaker side, but you can hardly argue against the numbers.

2010- 1424 Rushing yards @ 3.7 YPC. 13-Rush Td's. Allowed 35 sacks = 2.18/ game and a 6.5-YPA in the passing game.
    2011- 1756 rush yards @ 4.0 YPC. 15- Rush TD's. Allowed 50 sacks= 3.13/game and a 6.8- YPA in the passing game.
    2012- 1696 rush yards @ 4.3 YPC. 6- Rush TD's. Allowed 23 sacks= 1.92/game and a 7.5- YPA in the passing game.

So, that's steady improvement all across the board, both in running the ball and in the passing game. Were protecting much better than we did each of the last 2 years. If that isn't enough to convince you that the OL is more than average how about this:

Currently the Seahawks rank:
    10th in Sacks allowed
    10th in Passing Yards per Attempt
    6th in QB Rating
    7th in Rushing Yards
    11th in Rushing Yards per Attempt.

To me these rankings indicate that our OL is much better than just average. Without more complicated metrics I think this paints a picture that the offense as a whole is much better than in year's past and the OL is a big part of that. That's why RW is the first to always comment on the OL and them giving him the time to make plays.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/ ... ushAttempt
    http://www.seahawks.com/team/statistics.html
    Last edited by jlwaters1 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• Yes! Our DVOA is the bomb.

Better extend him now before he hits free agency.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Shhhhhh! Be quiet! It's a secret.

:D
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• jlwaters1 wrote:I think your wrong. The OL isn't that bad.

So RW being forced to run for his life on half the plays means the OL is doing a good enough job? I think the answer is obvious.
    February 2, 2014: The day Seahawks win their second Lombardi trophy
    (The first one is located back east somewhere.)
    Ruminator
    NET Rookie

• hawksfan515 wrote:This is starting to become one of the best areas on our team IMO. Football Outsiders and the eye test has confirmed that the last few games (especially because we've been going against amazing defenses).

Because really, only stat geeks read or believe any of that stuff.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Jazzhawk wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:This is starting to become one of the best areas on our team IMO. Football Outsiders and the eye test has confirmed that the last few games (especially because we've been going against amazing defenses).

And you have proof it's wrong...?
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• hawksfan515 wrote:
    Jazzhawk wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:This is starting to become one of the best areas on our team IMO. Football Outsiders and the eye test has confirmed that the last few games (especially because we've been going against amazing defenses).

And you have proof it's wrong...?

LOL...as much proof as you have its right. But, the difference is, I really don't care. Feel free to 'prove' it, 'cause I'm happy to read it. It's fine and dandy to try and brag about how great our offense or defense is on paper. But really, it's all subjective formulas that are based on what someone thinks is important. What really matters are scoring more points and winning games. I do agree that our offense has been really good lately, I'll give you that. But I really didn't need FO to tell me so.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Jazzhawk wrote:LOL...as much proof as you have its right. But, the difference is, I really don't care. Feel free to 'prove' it, 'cause I'm happy to read it. It's fine and dandy to try and brag about how great our offense or defense is on paper. But really, it's all subjective formulas that are based on what someone thinks is important. What really matters are scoring more points and winning games. I do agree that our offense has been really good lately, I'll give you that. But I really didn't need FO to tell me so.

I just like to brag about my team man, one of the great things about being a fan. These rankings that are well accepted make it a lot easier, IMO.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• hawksfan515 wrote:
    Jazzhawk wrote:LOL...as much proof as you have its right. But, the difference is, I really don't care. Feel free to 'prove' it, 'cause I'm happy to read it. It's fine and dandy to try and brag about how great our offense or defense is on paper. But really, it's all subjective formulas that are based on what someone thinks is important. What really matters are scoring more points and winning games. I do agree that our offense has been really good lately, I'll give you that. But I really didn't need FO to tell me so.

I just like to brag about my team man, one of the great things about being a fan. These rankings that are well accepted make it a lot easier, IMO.

Fair enough about the bragging part, and I concur.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Jazzhawk wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:
    Jazzhawk wrote:LOL...as much proof as you have its right. But, the difference is, I really don't care. Feel free to 'prove' it, 'cause I'm happy to read it. It's fine and dandy to try and brag about how great our offense or defense is on paper. But really, it's all subjective formulas that are based on what someone thinks is important. What really matters are scoring more points and winning games. I do agree that our offense has been really good lately, I'll give you that. But I really didn't need FO to tell me so.

Fair enough about the bragging part, and I concur.

Yeah... you don't even know how many people think the Seahawks offense still sucks, or that RG3 and Luck lead better offenses.....

Well RG3 and Luck's offense are below the Hawks in DVOA.......
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:56 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information