DangeRuss vs. RGIII

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
DangeRuss vs. RGIII
Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: DangeRuss vs. RGIII
Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:25 pm
  • DangeRuss>RGIII

That is all.
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:30 pm
  • ummm both are studs and fun to watch.

other than that I don't have much detail to give you. Happy to have Russ and that RG3 dude is around to torment Philly,NY and Dallas.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:33 pm
  • Russ 3rd round pick.

RG3 like 3 first round picks and whatever else the Redskins gave up for him.

I think we've got the better player, with the better future, and definatly the better value. I think they can both be great, great players in this league. Both are students of the game and hard workers and will continue to get better. I think that Wilson has better longevity due to Griffin's playing style.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:59 pm
  • St Louis
    Griffin: 20/29 206yds 7.1 1 TD 1 INT RTG 86.3
    Wilson: 17/25 160yds 6.4 0 TD 3 INT RTG 45.8

Minnesota
    Griffin: 17/22 182yds 8.3 1 TD 1 INT RTG 97.2
    Wilson: 16/24 173yds 7.2 3 TD 0 INT RTG 127.3

Carolina
    Griffin: 23/39 215yds 5.5 0 TD 0 INT RTG 74.2
    Wilson: 19/25 221yds 8.8 1 TD 2 INT RTG 82.3

Dallas
    Griffin: 19/27 304yds 11.3 4 TD 1 INT RTG 131.8
    Wilson: 15/20 151yds 7.6 1 TD 0 INT RTG 112.7

Griffin: 2 wins, 2 losses 6 TD 3 INT
    Wilson: 3 wins, 1 loss 5 TD 5 INT

Much as Wilson was extremely better than Luck, RGIII squeaks it out against Wilson
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:04 pm
  • If God told me tonight that I could hold the key to trading Russell Wilson straight up for RGIII right here, right now, and it would happen I would very politely and respectfully decline.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:13 pm
  • Aros wrote:If God told me tonight that I could hold the key to trading Russell Wilson straight up for RGIII right here, right now, and it would happen I would very politely and respectfully decline.

Yeah, RW doesn't have the injury history and he has that IT factor. You just know he's playing his best ball with the game on the line..... That is a great trait.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:51 pm
  • Wow that would be hard to turn down. Both are amazing players, I'd guess if Wilson was 6'2 he'd have gone #2 or #3. They are both so good I think I like Wilson's personality better adn I think he might have a better work ethic, but he will always have some limitations at 5'11 no matter how well he over comes them. This fells like comparing Brees, Brady, and Manning can't really complain with either. I'm sure Saints fans would want Brees, Pats Brady and Indy/Denver Manning. All have a SB ring, Brady the most but he also has had the best coach and support.

So a homer as this sounds I'd take Russ, he was meant to be a Seahawk!
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:53 pm

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:06 pm
  • A lot of knowledgable .netters wanted RG3 before his stock rose too high for us to get. Even then, some wanted us to trade up to get him. We all knew the kid would be special. Better than Luck. I don't think that if we'd drafted RG3 and the Skins had drafted Wilson that we'd be saying we'd trade RG3 for Wilson.

But I'm happy with Wilson. Both are great. Both will be great QB's.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:07 pm
  • RG gets a whole lot luckier than Wilson, a 43 yrd run against the Giants on Monday night, sure that happens every day, he gets lucky a lot i that his bad stuff isn't exploited and his normal stuff is sensationalized, on the other hand RW gets unlucky, Hawks D gives up a 48 yrd pass to da bears that puts them in position to tie the game?

meh, RG gets lucky, A LOT

take that for what its worth
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:10 pm
  • 4 INTs all year isn't luck.

SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:42 pm
  • I'm not suggesting that RGIII won't be every bit as good as RW when all is said and done. All three of the best rookie QBs look to be likely Pro Bowl/All Pro/HoF potential for years to come. What makes my decision easy is not just the obvious fact that this kid is a WINNER with the "IT" factor who will win us Championships, but his character and who he is as a human being is unprecendented. Not since Steve Largent have I been in such awe of the complete package. I'm sure Luck and RGIII are fine individuals, but RW is on a whole other level of exceptional character and committment to greatness, on and off the field.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:44 pm
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:4 INTs all year isn't luck.

The few games I've watched on the Skins, its had quite a bit to do with Luck. He has a good offense around him, I'll just say that.

IMO.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:48 pm
  • Homerism and other reasons aside, I'll take RW simply because RG3 is going to have to hang it up early due to injuries, IMO. He's not doing his body any favors by taking all these shots. He's already had a concussion this year and I'm surprised he didn't have another tonight vs. the Giants after a particular pretty hard hit.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:49 pm
  • we don't have to knock RG3 just becasue we (rightfully so) love Russ. RG3 is a flat-out star that does everything and more that you want on a football field, but yes, I am still rolling with Russ.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:33 am
  • rpmischris wrote:http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead?player1=WIL777781&player2=GRI283140&player3=LUC524055&player4=null&position=quarterback&playerOne=Russell+Wilson&playerTwo=Robert+Griffin+III&playerThree=Andrew+Luck&playerFour=

Here is a detailed player comparison between RW RG3 and Luck

I think RG3 is owning RW statistically but RW just has that confidence thing going for him that can not be accounted for on paper.

Wilson has been held back, and Lynch has to be factored in to these stats too.

RW studies the game like no other QB in the League.
    RW has more TD's, and bottom line?, Wilson will more than likely edge out all the competition with his ceiling being higher that those two first rounders.

Had we had the chance to get Luck in the draft (before really knowing what RW the warrior had to offer) I would have been estatic, BUT as it turned out, I'm happy as hell that we wound up with Wilson, because I don't really know if Luck or RGIII would have had the same resolve and savy to adjust to Pete and Bevels system with the same success.

Wilson has a maturation beyong a 12 game Rook....Seahawks are set @ QB.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:47 am

Seems like 3-4 ints a game is Luck, afew times.

17td 16 int
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:54 am
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    rpmischris wrote:http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead?player1=WIL777781&player2=GRI283140&player3=LUC524055&player4=null&position=quarterback&playerOne=Russell+Wilson&playerTwo=Robert+Griffin+III&playerThree=Andrew+Luck&playerFour=

Here is a detailed player comparison between RW RG3 and Luck

I think RG3 is owning RW statistically but RW just has that confidence thing going for him that can not be accounted for on paper.

Wilson has been held back, and Lynch has to be factored in to these stats too.

RW studies the game like no other QB in the League.
    RW has more TD's, and bottom line?, Wilson will more than likely edge out all the competition with his ceiling being higher that those two first rounders.

Had we had the chance to get Luck in the draft (before really knowing what RW the warrior had to offer) I would have been estatic, BUT as it turned out, I'm happy as hell that we wound up with Wilson, because I don't really know if Luck or RGIII would have had the same resolve and savy to adjust to Pete and Bevels system with the same success.

Wilson has a maturation beyong a 12 game Rook....Seahawks are set @ QB.

Honestly I don't think he has a higher ceiling than any of the top 3 first rounders - I just think he's more likely to reach his ceiling (which is still very high) because of his Brady/Manning-esque work-rate.
    Perhaps the others will do the same, Luck is the most likely to IMO, but Wilson is definitely the hardest worker at the moment, and that's the most important factor.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:51 am
  • There has been this narrative all season that Luck and RG3 will be linked for the rest of their careers. I think the way it could play out is that Wilson and RG3 are the ones linked. They could be the 'next generation QB style' Manning vs. Brady in the NFC.
    Jac
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:03 am
  • After watching RGIII last night what he is doing currently as far as the style of offense he is running is not sustainable. He is taking too many hits and its very simple.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:29 am
  • For the poster mentioning Lynch's impact on Wilson's stats, Alfred Morris is the 3rd leading rusher in the NFL, tied with Martin.

Wilson's coaches are the bigger impact on his stats. Hard to argue with their methods though, stepping back for a second.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:58 am
  • After watching RGIII play last night, my opinion of him is that from a physical standpoint, he is definitely a superior athlete- he can throw it harder and he can run faster (he can really explode to the edges off the zone reads). However, from a mental standpoint, I think RW is ahead of him...by a lot. It's clear to me that he is not running nearly as sophisticated an offense as RW. Firstly, everything is based off the zone-read option formation which he used in college, which gives him an extra second to make his reads, so kudos to his coaching staff for implementing it. However, it seems that there is only 1 read when he actually passes the ball. One play that I saw him repeatedly throw was an inside slant route by the WR on a play action where all he needed to do was read the inside LB and whether he bit or not. He must have thrown it for a completion 3 or 4 times last night. When his read isn't open, he just checks it down to his back. This is another big difference between him and RW- RW breaks contain and continues to try and throw it DOWN the field rather than checking it down. The only time I see RW checking down is when he's about to get sacked. The net result is the chance for more explosive pass plays for chunk yards.

No doubt there is great potential for RGIII to be an elite QB, but I'm not sure if he'll ever be the cerebral type, ie. Manning bros, Brees, Brady, etc. On the other hand, I can definitely see RW becoming that type of QB. And that could be the difference between just making the playoffs and winning a SB.
    kmedic
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:04 am
  • Think about this - The better RGIII does for the Skins, the worse the Rams Draft picks will be. Ding!
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:11 am
  • 5280Hawk wrote:Think about this - The better RGIII does for the Skins, the worse the Rams Draft picks will be. Ding!

meh, draft slot doesn't matter....its what you do with the picks you have that does.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:21 am
  • IMO RG3 is just a taller/faster version of Wilson. Both use their legs and have big accurate arms.

The biggest difference is that Wilson is smarter when it comes to taking hits. Like Gruden said last night, RG3 is not long for this league if he keeps taking hits like that. Russell does a much better job of getting out of bounds, sliding and avoiding serious contact.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:33 am
  • meh, draft slot doesn't matter....its what you do with the picks you have that does.

Granted you can find some Gems in later slots or later rounds(wilson!) but it does matter.

Otherwise they'd just just let them pick alphabetically, right? i think Arizona and atlanta would be pretty unstoppable eventually.
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:17 am
  • First off, the stats that were linked left out some mighty important categories if we want a fair comparison. For instance, how many completions for RG3, were screen passes that didn't cross the line of scrimmage, but the WR/RB turned it into a huge gain (yards after completion)? How many were checkdowns?

Maybe it was just the gameplan last night (could have been to try and mitigate the NY pass rush), but the Redskins offense seems very bland. Read options, draws and screens to setup play action slants. That was the majority of the play calling last night.

I thought I heard the announcers say something last night about how the Redskins are currently last in the league in converting 3rd and long situations. So basically, anytime an opposing team KNOWS RG3 is passing, he has struggled. That may not all be on him, but it is a very telling statistic. To me, it makes him seem less threatening as a pocket quarterback than Russell Wilson is. Stop the run, and you stop the Redskins. That's not necessarily the case in Seattle.

RG3 seems like a "Young Mike Vick", who's team actually BUILT around him. Could you imagine a young Vick in that exact offense?

Wilson seems to me like a more prototypical QB, who's got the "option" of using his legs. Personally, I'll take Russ over RG3, and have no second thoughts.
    GoHawks1212
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:19 am
  • Here's a great stat from Peter King this I think is really sheds some light on RG3 success or lack therof.
    (you'll have to scroll down)
    http://m.si.com/479867/crennel-quinn-op ... vy-hearts/

"#15-Washington- I'll repeat my stat from Friday's Column: Robert Griffin III has converted 4 of 44 3rd and 8 or longer opportunities this season."

That's 9% on 3rd and long. That's horrific. That doesn't suggest (at least to me) RG3 is a "clutch thrower" yet.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:02 am
  • Two similar players with similar stats....both fun to watch! :th2thumbs:
    "I didn't do anything...i just headbutted him!"
    purpleworld
    NET Starter

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:34 pm
  • RGIII is the better athlete.

RW has less holes/flaws in his game for defenses to exploit... and for him to hone.

Time will tell which QB has won the most games/divisions/conference championships/SBs.

This is just one helluva rookie QB class.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:48 pm
  • There is zero chance I would trade RW for RG3. Zero. Griffin is a very special athlete and I will miss the electricity he has brought to the game. He won't be around long. Shanahan is acting like a pimp the way he is dialing plays up for him. It's about job security for Shanahan and he only needs Griffin to last as long as he wants to coach.

I owe Pete an apology for chastising him for holding RW back. It's clear Carroll knows what he's doing (long term) and I am just a fan.
    Having your views challenged is a lot more healthy than simply jabbering on with people who think exactly the same way as you.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:14 am
  • Seems like RW3 is more intelligent, football wise, than RGIII is an athlete ?

Then there's that work ethic...
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:46 am

I'm a Redskins fan after Seahawks. It's a LOT of luck. The fans even cheer his magic fumbles, man.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:25 am
  • I think RGIII stats are a little inflated but not much.

He is a good player and trust me - if his stock wasn't so high - Carroll would have been all over him. I acutally though the Hawks would trade up for him early in the college season and then he exploded.

I think Wilson over the long term will last just because he will have better durability and ability to play from inside the pocket over time. It will be interesting to see when RGIII's athleticism wanes with time whether he will be quite as effective. For now though he has been the best rookie QB slightly ahead of Wilson.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:43 am
  • let me put it this way, comparing RW to RGIII is like comparing a Subaru WRX STI to a Porsche 911 GT3.

RW is clearly a better bang for your buck while giving you 90% of performance, and his intangibles are through the roof.

RG3 is simply a better athlete, runs faster, has cannon of an arm, very accurate, does all things right and ultimately will make shit load of money.

there is a very good reason why RG3 was taken 2nd overall (and, frankly, could have been taken 1st overall), he is THAT good of a QB!
    Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire
    Bipolar
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:50 am
  • can't argue that as much as i want to.. watched him in that giants game, and man is he impressive... poised, atheletic, and a threat every play... what really impressed me besides the fact that he's a very well spoken young man is, his knowledge and ability to break down plays while talking to the Monday night football crew... very articulate, and new his x's and o's.. love me some RW for all the same reasons, but RGIII is every bit as impressive...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:10 am
  • I'm not really gonna' compare them, RG3 is probably the better player. I think Luck and RG3 are both better players. But, the fact that we got a guy who's right there w/them in the THIRD ROUND is what I care about. They gave up a ton of draft picks to get the guy, we gave up nothing. This assures that the Hawks don't have to take a chance on a QB in the first round, which has hurt a lot of teams over the years if it doesn't pan out. They can concentrate on another important position in the 1st round.
    The difference between Wilson and the other two is very minimal, and a shocking surprise. PC and company know what they are doing, and I can't imagine how many teams are kicking themselves right now for not swooping this guy up.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:32 pm
  • we spent 1st round pick on Bruce Irvin -- did he perform like a true 1st rounder? I don't think so. so from the drafting standpoint PC/JS did not follow conventional wisdom, but also didn't make the team worse off...
    Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire
    Bipolar
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:37 pm
  • Uffda wrote:Seems like RW3 is more intelligent, football wise, than RGIII is an athlete ?

Then there's that work ethic...

Rg3 is extremely intelligent as well and has a great work ethic.

They're both going to be great for a long time, I think Wilson will be great longer unless Griffin stops taking so much punishment.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:01 pm
  • I like both guys, obviously Russel is our QB so we speak highly of him. But both guys are going to be great.

That said, DangeRuss has to go. Sounds like a Nickelodeon cartoon special. It's a fail, just call him Russel Wilson.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:43 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information