We are SO making a deep playoff run.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Largent80":11dq9oxw said:
Hey Kiper.....Hows your hair doin? :lol:

There's steam rising from it due to how hot under the collar he is over looking like a douche for hating on Wilson so much.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Our defense has to shape up a bit to make a deep playoff run. I'm still worried about our 3rd down and long defense. We're also not generating a lot of turnovers, but that's not huge if our offense is clicking and not giving the ball up.

I (like others here) would also like to see what's up with Browner and Sherman to make any judgements. It now looks like we'll have at least one of them, so I'm going to need to see how Thurmond steps up before we can see how things are going. If losing Browner costs us, it could cost us the playoffs. There are 3 or 4 teams that are 6-6 and right behind us. Washington and TB have been on a tear lately, although TB has a tough schedule coming up.

Schedule-wise we're looking good. We need to take care of business at home, and we're virtually assured of making the playoffs after the Chi win. If we beat SF, and win in BUF and win out, we could be looking at the 2nd seed. THEN we're looking at a deep run.

The only other issue, and it's really ambiguous, is that most rookie QBs don't do well in the playoffs on their first run through. I think Wilson is the exception, but the game speeds up even more, and it's a tough adjustment. Historically, if you're a rookie, you're going to lose your first playoff game.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I am quite worried about our chances with both our CBs serving suspensions. The timing seems very convenient IMO. I don't care about the press but to me it is obvious the NFL hates Seattle.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Hawks46":2j3g68y7 said:
Our defense has to shape up a bit to make a deep playoff run. I'm still worried about our 3rd down and long defense. We're also not generating a lot of turnovers, but that's not huge if our offense is clicking and not giving the ball up.

I (like others here) would also like to see what's up with Browner and Sherman to make any judgements. It now looks like we'll have at least one of them, so I'm going to need to see how Thurmond steps up before we can see how things are going. If losing Browner costs us, it could cost us the playoffs. There are 3 or 4 teams that are 6-6 and right behind us. Washington and TB have been on a tear lately, although TB has a tough schedule coming up.

Schedule-wise we're looking good. We need to take care of business at home, and we're virtually assured of making the playoffs after the Chi win. If we beat SF, and win in BUF and win out, we could be looking at the 2nd seed. THEN we're looking at a deep run.

The only other issue, and it's really ambiguous, is that most rookie QBs don't do well in the playoffs on their first run through. I think Wilson is the exception, but the game speeds up even more, and it's a tough adjustment. Historically, if you're a rookie, you're going to lose your first playoff game.

Yeah the rookie thing might prove true. It definitely proved true the 1st game of Wilsons career, most rookie QB's lose their first start.

I think Wilson should do fine though. I think.

rjdriver

Reaction score
SeahawksEast":1xkw2sv2 said:
Assuming the Seahawks make it in, is there any concern out there about the puppet masters who pull the strings on this sports entertainment attempt to "make things right"? I think if we face the Packers, it will be predetermined that the Seahawks lose, via officiating.

After the game that shall not be spoken, I have lost all faith in outcomes not being manipulated.

Interesting. Honestly, GB at Lambaeu is the only game that scares the hell out of me. I know they are banged up, but they have a true home field advantage with a team that is improving on a weekly basis. I've seen two playoff losses there recently, don't want to see a third. I would prefer traveling to Chicago again as opposed to Lambeau.

Give me the division title, let SF beat GB, then we have the Niners at home. My dream matchup!

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
My dream match-up is beating the Packers at Lambeau on a Hail Mary to Tate as time expires.

(again)

MrCarey

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3h0zv078 said:
I want to see our defense return to early season form before I can predict playoff wins.

Yeah, this is what needs to happen, otherwise we've got no chance.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
What is another great stat is our variance from week to week is second best in the league - meaning we play at a high level every week. It may be hard to see considering we have played the best rushing and passing teams in the league but I really think we haven't had many missteps outside of Miami all year - and even in that game it was one quarter of poor play.

Latest posts