Gil Brandt wakes up from his nap, realizes R. Wilson is good

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

• Sorry, lost me at the Doug Flutie comparison. I hate that crap.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• he is such a douche bag he talks crap about any seattle player
    hawkfan333
    NET Rookie

• hawkfan333 wrote:he is such a douche bag he talks crap about any seattle player

I've actually heard him gush over Bobby Wagner, so that's not comepletely true. And his Wilson comments aren't exactly negative.
    Hollandhawk
    NET Rookie

• I think he was talking about personality and character comparisons to Flutie. And I'm pretty sure the size thing. Other than that, I don't see the similarities.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Isn't he the guy who described Russell as a career backup when Russell was drafted?
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Isn't he the guy that picked up Tom Landry's dry cleaning
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• sc85sis wrote:Isn't he the guy who described Russell as a career backup when Russell was drafted?

Scott Pioli did that. Maybe Gil Brandt did too.. I don't know
    Hollandhawk
    NET Rookie

• Isn't he the guy who photographed babies for a living before Landry hired him to wash the team golf carts?
    RIP Les. We will miss you.
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *

• The funniest thing about all this is that when Gil Brandt tells stories about the Cowboys drafting in years past, he tells these experiences about how there are guys in Canton who the Cowboys scouted but passed on because they didn't match the Cowboys metrics on player dimensions. They were one of the first teams to use that type of metrics in an age when most teams drafted based on published scouting guides. It is always funny to hear Gil go on and on about any quarterback who is from Texas as well.

Fast forward to now when Russell goes in the third because he doesn't match metrics. Those metrics can be a pretty good guide, but in truth our defense is built around taking advantage of the exceptions. Red, our tall corners and short safety, all exceptions to at least part of the metrics rules. I am glad we don't have a standard approach.

Lately, I have see more than one writer point out that Seattle passed on Wilson twice as well. Which makes me laugh when you find out that our GM was a nervous wreck from the first round on, and almost took him in the 2nd just to makes sure we got him. It's just a way of calling his success luck.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Hollandhawk wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:Isn't he the guy who described Russell as a career backup when Russell was drafted?

If you're talking about on draft day, it was Bill Polian. He said "every team needs a good backup QB. Russell Wilson is that."
    misfit
    NET Starter

• misfit wrote:
    Hollandhawk wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:Isn't he the guy who described Russell as a career backup when Russell was drafted?

If you're talking about on draft day, it was Bill Polian. He said "every team needs a good backup QB. Russell Wilson is that."

Technically, this was true.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

• misfit wrote:
    Hollandhawk wrote:

Bill "The Genius" Polian. :sarcasm_off:
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Russell Wilson would be the greatest back up quarterback to ever live.
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:Sorry, lost me at the Doug Flutie comparison. I hate that crap.

He said he's better than Flutie. Even all the tall QBs are compared against other similar QBs in terms of physical traits.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:Sorry, lost me at the Doug Flutie comparison. I hate that crap.

He said he's better than Flutie. Even all the tall QBs are compared against other similar QBs in terms of physical traits.

Much like the way Payton Manning is always being compared to Dan McGuire. It's a perfectly reasonable comparison...
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• CANHawk wrote:Russell Wilson would be the greatest back up quarterback to ever live.

Wilson is the worst backup QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

• CANHawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:Sorry, lost me at the Doug Flutie comparison. I hate that crap.

Much like the way Payton Manning is always being compared to Dan McGuire. It's a perfectly reasonable comparison...

At this point in their careers Flutie have had much greater success overall........ it is a fair comparison to say that it is a much better version of Doug Flutie in my mind.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• HawksFTW wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:Russell Wilson would be the greatest back up quarterback to ever live.

Wilson is the worst backup QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.

True, he started preseason as the backup and lost that spot to Matt Flynn in only three weeks!
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Is that you Will?
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:Sorry, lost me at the Doug Flutie comparison. I hate that crap.

He did say faster and more talented.

But yeah, that's the problem a lot of analysts are having, they're having a hard time coming up with comparisons........because there really aren't any. Flutie, Tarkenton, Brees..........ehhh, none really are fair.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• Really all that means is that RW is breaking the mold and the stereotype. One day future QBs will be compared to him.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Is that you Will?

There's no such thing as free Will.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• misfit wrote:
    Hollandhawk wrote:

Yes, that's the quote I was thinking of. Apologies to Mr. Brandt.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:12 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information