The baby baby stiffarm!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
The baby baby stiffarm!
Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:42 pm
  • Ok, so I had to post this but I have no idea how to get a video of the play and post it here. Hopefully someone who does will do so..

So I'm watching the replay of the Seahawks/Bears game and I saw something that about floored me. On the 4th quarter 97 yard drive to take the lead, It's 1st & 10 from the Seahawks 45 with 2:01 on the clock. The play is another zone read play with Wilson keeping and running to the left. Now, take a look at what happens to #33 Tillman on this play. It's as nasty of a stiffarm as anything I've seen from Lynch, shoving Tillman to the ground before picking up another 5 yards and getting out of bounds.

If Tillman makes the tackle, he holds us to a 3 yard game and we're at the 2 minute warning. After the play is completed, you can see Tillman jumping up and down in anger for getting schooled in the open field.

As such, and in honor of Marshawn's baby stiffarm, I deem this the baby baby stiffarm. It's a thing of absolute beauty.

*Edit - here's a screencapture of the event. Hopefully someone can .gif the whole thing, or post the video.
    Attachments
    stiffarm.jpg
    stiffarm.jpg (177.62 KiB) Viewed 2846 times
    Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Re: The baby baby stiffarm!
Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:48 pm
  • LOL thats funny you brought this up, because thats exactly what I said after that play, Little baby stiff arm!!!!!
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!
    Wiseguy
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:57 pm
  • Wiseguy wrote:LOL thats funny you brought this up, because thats exactly what I said after that play, Little baby stiff arm!!!!!

Lol I said "lil man with the big stiff arm"
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:15 pm
  • Reminds me of the hydrant.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:33 pm
  • "Get off me! Don't text and drive... knowing is half the battle!" he says, to some guy...
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:39 pm
  • That was one unwavering stiff arm.
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:48 pm
  • Oh I saw that too! My friend and I was laughing so hard!

I don't remember Tillman being mad... if I remember right, Tillman was actually laughing in embarrassment in more of a "he got me, he got me lol" type of deal. Correct me if im wrong. Ha.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
    vongstaTHEmonsta
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:01 pm
  • RockHawk wrote:Ok, so I had to post this but I have no idea how to get a video of the play and post it here.

Someone help the newb out, wood'ja? :2:

I recall the play but i don't remember seeing that baby stiff arm. Go figure.

Side note. Is Russell the only offensive player that doesn't wear the lime green cleats?
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:27 pm
  • I stripped out the clip and put it on YouTube; here you guys go. Direct link to watch in HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GioRM0kU5m0&hd=1

Last edited by Anguish on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Fixed it. Add &hd=1 to the end to directly link to the HD version.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:40 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I stripped out the clip and put it on YouTube; here you guys go. Direct link to watch in HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GioRM0kU5m0

That was straight up filthy by Russell. Tillman's reaction is awesome.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:42 pm
  • SNDavidson wrote:"Get off me! Don't text and drive... knowing is half the battle!" he says, to some guy...

LMAO! Dude, that was hilarious!
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:46 pm

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:01 pm
  • Russell cannot be intimidated!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:17 pm
    Chrome_Seahawk
    NET Starter

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:43 am
  • While I would term that stiff arm as efficient, I feel the term " baby" is inappropriate. We all know that RW's arms are longer than his legs.
    AVL
    NET Starter

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:50 am
  • It was nice, but im not excited about RW stiff arming anyone, ESPECIALLY with his throwing arm. Its all fun and awesome until hes out.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:01 am
  • That was a rude ass stiff arm, I remember the .NET Chat going nuts lol.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:32 am
  • Too bad Rice couldn't deliver the wood to Peppers, or it would have been an easy first down. But, I'm not hating on Rice, as Peppers is a hard guy to block.
    aawolf
    NET Starter

Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:30 am
  • I was freaking out to hard at the time to notice that. That was truth.,
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:47 am
  • Awesome and hilarious. Almost as funny is how Rice wanted no part of a stampeding Peppers. He spun away (smartly avoiding serious injury potential) but still made enough contact to slow Peppers' momentum and let DangeRuss get out of bounds.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:17 am
  • man nice highlight of rice sucking at blocking.. that was a terrible block on tillman.. then he didn't even attempt to block peppers... tate woulda sold out on peppers lol.. but yeah if rice blocks him at all there wilson has one man to beat for a bigggg gain.
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:49 am
  • I loved the stiff arm but there was one thing I loved more and that was

the pickup of the fumble. I know that if this play gets reviewed the ball is deemed out of bounds as it hit just barely out of bounds but nobody knew that at the play. Wilson finished every play in this game - on the read options he all out went for it without the ball to keep defenses guessing as long as possible, he followed right behind lynch and when the ball bounced out he was there that one time when it was possibly needed.

he played all out all game long and I loved it. I will give someone else credit for the same thing and it is the gw indy game where luck throws that pass knows it was the last option and starts sprinting upfield to lay a block if needed. These rookies are laying it all on the line for their teams and it is fantastic to see. Maybe this is the biggest advantage of the $70 million rookie contracts having dissapeared.........
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:35 pm
  • He is a Mini Beastmode with that stiff arm. Gosh i love are QB.
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:17 am
  • As an NCSU alum, I have been following Russell since his freshman year. Get used to seeing that stiff arm. Russell has sneaky elusiveness. He doesn't look fast, but he usually makes decisive cuts and makes excellent use of that stiff arm to get where he wants to go. I'm hoping the Seahawks make some noise this year with Russell at the helm. You guys got the steal of the draft in my opinion and I was excited to see Pete open up the competition. :D
    Lazyfingers
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:25 pm
  • Lazyfingers wrote:As an NCSU alum, I have been following Russell since his freshman year. Get used to seeing that stiff arm. Russell has sneaky elusiveness. He doesn't look fast, but he usually makes decisive cuts and makes excellent use of that stiff arm to get where he wants to go. I'm hoping the Seahawks make some noise this year with Russell at the helm. You guys got the steal of the draft in my opinion and I was excited to see Pete open up the competition. :D

First - Go Pack! Hopefully Doeren will bring back the excitment we first had when "The Chest" was hired....

Secondly -- seen it before as well but I don't like the increased amount of the running game with RW. Remember his first year at NC State was very much the running attack game even though it was more of a straight on running type like GT. He got injured twice that year including the bowl game against Rutgers in which we were crushing them in the first half but lost since RW didn't play the second half.......
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:58 pm
  • I remember Russell getting hurt as well, but I also remember him being more judicious with his decisions while running as he gained more experience at the college level. In the same manner, I think he has shown a maturity with his run decisions as he has gained NFL experience. His ability to learn and correct at such an incredible pace is one of the most astonishing gifts he has. I don't foresee this offense turning into a tremendous amount of read option, but a nice mixture creates just enough hesitation in the defense to allow Russell to pick the weakness he wants to attack. I'm looking forward to seeing him take a second crack at the divisional teams. Oh yea, Go Pack!!! And, Go Hawks!!!
    Lazyfingers
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:11 pm
  • Chrome_Seahawk wrote:Image

ah you gotta show that play from scrimmage to out of bounds,
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:14 pm
  • that sure was a horrible block by Rice for the first down, Hawks have to clean up that play, put the Sean Lee on that dood!
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:56 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information