Yahoo Power Rankings...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Yahoo Power Rankings...
Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:53 pm
  • I'm not a big power ranking guy, but i like the comment they made.
    "8. Seattle Seahawks (7-5)
    Last week: 10
    If the Seahawks were wondering what their secondary would look like without Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner, they got a pretty good glimpse in last Sunday's 23-17 overtime win over the Bears as Brandon Marshall had a 10-catch, 165-yard performance against the pair of likely-to-be suspended cornerbacks. Fortunately, the Seahawks have Russell Wilson, who appears fully capable of putting the team on his back and getting them into the playoffs."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/week-14-power-rankings-texans-fend-off-falcons-150727259--nfl.html

Maybe the offense is finally good enough that we don't need to rely solely on our defense to keep us in the game.
    DynoHawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Yahoo Power Rankings...
Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:05 pm
  • We can only hope...
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:08 pm
  • I personally think that Thurmond is an upgrade over Browner if Thurmond is 100% healthy (big if).
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:10 pm
  • I think knowing Pete Carroll defensive philosophy is not corner-centric and that we play mostly poor passing attacks we'll be alright.

Thurmond got a taste this week and better be ready to go next week. I think they took him along slowly enough that he's gonna be fine.
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:11 pm
  • What if we did not have Sherman and Browner in that game? Maybe they would have scored twice as many points and our offense would not have been able to recover..?
    djb28
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:48 pm
  • We simply need more pressure from the front 4!
    Beast Mode 05 Sep 12 - "And then with our defense playing the way that they've been playing, we don't even need an offense."
    dbsn2420
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:01 pm
  • The front 4 are getting tons of pressure. Sure they are not logging the sacks as much in the last few games, but watching those pockets collapse and the QB's having to scramble (undesigned) and get rid of the ball quickly is seriously impacting other teams.

The front 4's biggest job is causing the QB to make mistakes. Sacks are icing on the cake.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:05 pm
  • Hmm. Knowing that the guy writing the article is a Seahawks fan, I'm surprised that he would make such a sweeping generalization about our secondary like that.

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:27 pm
  • Plus, looks like we worked out Roy Lewis...always liked him. (hopefully working him out just to make sure he's in shape...we kinda know a bit about the guy already)

-SH
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:45 pm
  • Never been a better time for Clemons and Irvin to put on their big boy pants.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:08 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information