Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Yahoo Power Rankings...
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:53 pm 
NET Veteran

I'm not a big power ranking guy, but i like the comment they made.
"8. Seattle Seahawks (7-5)
Last week: 10
If the Seahawks were wondering what their secondary would look like without Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner, they got a pretty good glimpse in last Sunday's 23-17 overtime win over the Bears as Brandon Marshall had a 10-catch, 165-yard performance against the pair of likely-to-be suspended cornerbacks. Fortunately, the Seahawks have Russell Wilson, who appears fully capable of putting the team on his back and getting them into the playoffs."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/week-14-power-rankings-texans-fend-off-falcons-150727259--nfl.html

Maybe the offense is finally good enough that we don't need to rely solely on our defense to keep us in the game.

Post subject: Re: Yahoo Power Rankings...
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:05 pm 
* Gangnameister *

We can only hope...

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:08 pm 
NET Veteran

I personally think that Thurmond is an upgrade over Browner if Thurmond is 100% healthy (big if).

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:10 pm 
NET Veteran

I think knowing Pete Carroll defensive philosophy is not corner-centric and that we play mostly poor passing attacks we'll be alright.

Thurmond got a taste this week and better be ready to go next week. I think they took him along slowly enough that he's gonna be fine.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:11 pm 
NET Veteran

What if we did not have Sherman and Browner in that game? Maybe they would have scored twice as many points and our offense would not have been able to recover..?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:48 pm 
NET Veteran

We simply need more pressure from the front 4!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:01 pm 
NET Veteran

The front 4 are getting tons of pressure. Sure they are not logging the sacks as much in the last few games, but watching those pockets collapse and the QB's having to scramble (undesigned) and get rid of the ball quickly is seriously impacting other teams.

The front 4's biggest job is causing the QB to make mistakes. Sacks are icing on the cake.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:05 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

Hmm. Knowing that the guy writing the article is a Seahawks fan, I'm surprised that he would make such a sweeping generalization about our secondary like that.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:27 pm 
NET Veteran

Plus, looks like we worked out Roy Lewis...always liked him. (hopefully working him out just to make sure he's in shape...we kinda know a bit about the guy already)

-SH

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:45 pm 
NET Veteran

Never been a better time for Clemons and Irvin to put on their big boy pants.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]