Seattle had no drops (Sando)

A collection of NET's best and most memorable threads. Predictions, debates, laughs, and X's & O's. Rating: PG to NC-17
Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:46 pm
  • cboom wrote:Composure, decision making, and the balls thrown all factor into my thoughts.

The fact that he's only played one game at the professional level apparently doesn't.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:54 pm
  • first game ever and he drove 'em down the field to be in position for Baldwin and Edwards to drop game winners don't either.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:03 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:first game ever and he drove 'em down the field to be in position for Baldwin and Edwards to drop game winners don't either.

Drove them down field is a bit of a stretch. The ref's helped out a lot with those nit picky PI calls that would not have been called by the real officials.
    cboom
    NET Rookie

Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:10 pm
  • cboom wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:first game ever and he drove 'em down the field to be in position for Baldwin and Edwards to drop game winners don't either.

Drove them down field is a bit of a stretch. The ref's helped out a lot with those nit picky PI calls that would not have been called by the real officials.

The Rice PI was not nit picky, far from it. He was actually interfered with twice on that play.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:13 pm
  • This has obviously become the cboom personal thread. Lets make it a sticky.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:17 pm
  • cboom wrote:
    Lords of Scythia wrote:If you can touch it you can catch it.

I'd be happy to throw a few balls for you and see if you can back this up. A guy can't be expected to catch a 100 mile an hour fast ball just because he got his finger tips on it. Wilson had guys open and had a chance to win the game. He choked it away with bad throw after bad throw.

That's an old coaching cliche'. It does seem sort of asinine and ridiculous.
    SEAHAWKS SHOULD TRADE TERRELLE PRYOR TO RAMS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/08/27/ ... -the-rams/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:21 pm
  • cboom wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:first game ever and he drove 'em down the field to be in position for Baldwin and Edwards to drop game winners don't either.

I beg to differ. Wilson drew the fouls. A PI is the same as a catch. He did drive us down the field. This was set up by the PIs on our dbs - refs have this makeup call instinct. Wilson had that one garbage-time pick and no other turnovers. The kid played a solid game. And you're talking about a rookie in his first game....?
    SEAHAWKS SHOULD TRADE TERRELLE PRYOR TO RAMS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/08/27/ ... -the-rams/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:25 pm
  • At least 66% QB R. ilson's fault. He initiated the play with a poor throw that increased the level of difficulty Edwards had to contend with when attempting to make the catch. A better throw, and corresponding miss by Edwards would bump up his % of 'fault'.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:33 pm

Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:56 pm

Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:05 pm
  • Lords of Scythia wrote:
    cboom wrote:

I beg to differ. Wilson drew the fouls. A PI is the same as a catch. He did drive us down the field. This was set up by the PIs on our dbs - refs have this makeup call instinct. Wilson had that one garbage-time pick and no other turnovers. The kid played a solid game. And you're talking about a rookie in his first game....?

Lateral.
    edogg23
    NET Starter

Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:47 pm
  • The only people blaming Wilson on those throws are Seahawk fans.Good WR's make that catch and that is the bottom effin line.I have talked to numerous sports fans and every damn one says the same damn thing......"Braylon should have caught that ball". Colin Cowherd that is always mocking the Seahawks say's that RW is legit and that the WR's let him down and that dude always talkin trash about the Hawks......C'mon man.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:02 pm
  • Dear Hugh Millen,

Welcome to .net ive heard these hate filled rants for over a month now on kjr. Get ready to eat your microphone.
    StaffAmerica74
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:25 pm

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:53 am
  • cboom wrote:Sando was spot on. In fact throughout the game the receivers made some great catches on bad throws. Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.

Sorry to bump such an old thread.

Still stand by this statement?
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:03 am
  • AF_Hawk wrote:
    cboom wrote:Sando was spot on. In fact throughout the game the receivers made some great catches on bad throws. Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.

Sorry to bump such an old thread.

Still stand by this statement?

Wow. Thanks for the lulz! This thread is even better 3/4ths the way through the year.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:06 am
  • cboom baby, we're all waiting for you to come back!! Don't be butthurt dude. Man up and admit you were so very, very wrong. It won't hurt. Honestly.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:14 am
  • come back cboom come back.... to error is human, to trash talk dangeruss is deserving of a severe lashing... come get your medicine...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:34 am
  • I like the part when HawksFTW says "This is going in my sig, so we can all make fun of you later." And cboom responds:

"Will you at least be man enough to leave it there when he gets benched?"

LMAO!! You can't make this stuff up!

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:10 am
  • Aros wrote:I like the part when HawksFTW says "This is going in my sig, so we can all make fun of you later." And cboom responds:

"Will you at least be man enough to leave it there when he gets benched?"

LMAO!! You can't make this stuff up!

:snack:
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:59 am
  • cboom wrote:Sando was spot on. In fact throughout the game the receivers made some great catches on bad throws. Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.

If you've been around long enough to "see them all", maybe you have been around too long and senility is setting in. I say that because just last season Seattle started a much worse QB than Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson has thrown for more touchdowns in 12 games than Tarvaris threw all season. Tell me, if you're a Seahawk fan, that you have less confidence in Russell late in the game down by less than a touchdown than you did with Tarvaris. Russell also has more 4th quarter comeback wins in 12 games than Tarvaris has in his 7th year.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:01 am
  • rideaducati wrote:
    cboom wrote:Sando was spot on. In fact throughout the game the receivers made some great catches on bad throws. Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.

If you've been around long enough to "see them all", maybe you have been around too long and senility is setting in. I say that because just last season Seattle started a much worse QB than Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson has thrown for more touchdowns in 12 games than Tarvaris threw all season. Tell me, if you're a Seahawk fan, that you have less confidence in Russell late in the game down by less than a touchdown than you did with Tarvaris. Russell also has more 4th quarter comeback wins in 12 games than Tarvaris has in his 7th year.

cboom hasn't checked in, in months. Good luck getting a response.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:07 am
  • there is a Cboom on the Seattle times Sehawks board, same guy I asssume
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:11 am
  • cboom must have left his home without his helmet on again.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:45 am
  • I believe Cboom does have some credentials to back up his statements. He was second in his class at "ESPNS FOOTBALL SCHOOL FOR THE BLIND"....He finished second to a guy named Mike Carey. I wonder what that guy is up to these days?.....oh wait......
    Oh DonkoSpurt We Hardly Knew Ye!
    samwize77
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:58 pm
  • Worst QB. LOL Where Cbuum go?
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:41 am
  • Oh god. I had forgotten this thread. From back just a few weeks ago when most of this board was calling Wilson a bust and screaming for Flynn. Kinda funny to look back now, just 12 weeks later, and just giggle.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:08 am

Ahahahahaha, put in Flynn!

He's our only hope!
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:59 am
  • I believe cboom wore out his welcome here shortly after arrival, so those looking for responses won't get any.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:04 am
  • HansGruber wrote:Oh god. I had forgotten this thread. From back just a few weeks ago when most of this board was calling Wilson a bust and screaming for Flynn. Kinda funny to look back now, just 12 weeks later, and just giggle.

You are the only one that forgot about this thread :) - agree that it is funny to bring back up but the "worst qb quote" is classic and we should all be thankful for this contribution before cboom ran off.

Lets face it when the Seahawks go to the superbowl within a few years this quote will be in the thread before that weekend........
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:18 am
  • Oh man! I started reading the thread without noticing the date. When I got to cboom's original post, it all came back to me. I thought, "Wait, is this guy referencing a thread from 3 months ago?!" Then I noticed the date! HA! That was a welcome LOL blast from the past.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:20 am
  • HansGruber wrote:Oh god. I had forgotten this thread. From back just a few weeks ago when most of this board was calling Wilson a bust and screaming for Flynn. Kinda funny to look back now, just 12 weeks later, and just giggle.

It was no where near most of the board, just a vocal minority. I believe MOST of the board had enough patience to look past a bad performance or two.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:53 am
  • I missed this thread when it started. You always have a vocal minority that wants to be first to call a guy a bum so that they can be right. Everyone who disagrees is a homer and drinks the kool-aid.

CBoom was pretty funny...
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:09 pm
  • U banned bro?
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:15 pm
  • HawksFTW wrote:It was no where near most of the board, just a vocal minority. I believe MOST of the board had enough patience to look past a bad performance or two.

This.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:26 pm
  • For all the ripping cboom has received for this thread, amill87 doesn't come off looking too sharp either.

Let this thread be a lesson to all posters who feel the need to fight reality in an effort to protect their ego and previous statements. You are just leaving yourselves open to looking extremely stupid down the road.

And added props to Hasselbeck. Dude recently admitted the errors of his ways. And in my book comes off looking 1,000 times better than these goons.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:34 pm
  • SeaTown81 wrote:For all the ripping cboom has received for this thread, amill87 doesn't come off looking too sharp either.

Yeah, he exited pretty quickly when I asked him to list out the worst offensive performances of all time. I have no problem taking a stance, positive or negative, but at least have something to back it up.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Previous

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:40 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE ARCHIVES ]

Information