Wagering (legally , but of course) on the Hawks

HawksFTW

Reaction score
rideaducati":2mjbf0ot said:
HawksFTW":2mjbf0ot said:
Tech Worlds":2mjbf0ot said:
I heard Largent80 put 1000 bucks down on the Hawks to win something. Saw it somewhere on this board.

I put $1000 on the Hawks to win the SB. Still have a chance, so I guess it is looking good? I don't have my betting slip in front of me, and haven't looked at in a bit, but I believe the odds were 30:1 or somewhere near that.

30:1? They were at 50:1 at the beginning of the season.

Just found my slip. 30:1 odds, placed at the Monte Carlo on April 21st, 2012. Not sure if you can look up what the odds were at that time, but believe me I WISH they were 50:1.

PhillySeahawk

Reaction score
I put $100 on Seattle in June to win both the NFC and Super Bowl at Caesars. I got them at 18-1 to win the NFC and 30-1 to win the Super Bowl.

PhillySeahawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2w4nar01 said:
Well, whatever you want to think/believe....I bet 1,000 on the Hawks to win 8 games and I am cashing a big assed ticket.

Have fun, I know I am.

You're going to be disappointed if you think you're getting 16k back from that bet.

TLD0550

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2q0oq7yx said:
So I'll be in Vegas this weekend, once again, for Pacquiao fight weekend. I wanted to wager some money on the Hawks but do I have to be in Vegas to collect? I'm leaving Sunday morning to catch the game vs the Cards
No just mail your ticket certified mail...

zhawk

Reaction score
I've got the hawks to win the sb at 40:1 for a $20. I was moving and broke. I usually put $100 on them, but...

Largent80

Reaction score
PhillySeahawk":1vtfddc5 said:
Largent80":1vtfddc5 said:
Well, whatever you want to think/believe....I bet 1,000 on the Hawks to win 8 games and I am cashing a big assed ticket.

Have fun, I know I am.

You're going to be disappointed if you think you're getting 16k back from that bet.

Once again...I am CASHING again, and whatever I get will be better than what you get, which more than likely is ZERO.

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
His point is: over/under bets don't have odds like that. As in 16:1. They're usually a +/- type of bet. You are definitely gonna make a profit; but not 16:1. 16:1 on 7.5 wins would bankrupt wherever you got the bet from. Check the ticket and tell us what the actual bet is, I'm honestly curious, cause if you did get 16:1 on the over I want to know where!

-SH

seabowl

Reaction score
I was the first better of the year at Atlantis (Bahamas) for this years SB 2 days after last years bowl. I got the Hawks at 75-1 hoping we would get Manning. Still got a chance.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
TLD0550":3iqlc7f4 said:
-The Glove-":3iqlc7f4 said:
So I'll be in Vegas this weekend, once again, for Pacquiao fight weekend. I wanted to wager some money on the Hawks but do I have to be in Vegas to collect? I'm leaving Sunday morning to catch the game vs the Cards
No just mail your ticket certified mail...
Cool thanks

Twisted

Reaction score
jamsomatic":90wva8m7 said:
Does anybody here have any money at stake from futures bets? Like bets from this summer to win the NFC West or the Regular season wins or the NFC Championship or the Super Bowl? Or maybe even individual player props? What's at stake and how are they looking?

that loss to miami put Hawks at 50-1 to win the superbowl

lol, Hawks still have a shot at winning the division, I love it

oh, niners are still like 7-1 to win...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":qnao0v6t said:

Have fun, I know I am.

We're not trying to be a-holes, I just don't think you completely understand the bet you made. You're definitely going to win it .. barring a massive disaster to end the season.. but you're not getting 16:1 odds on a win total bet. It might be +160, meaning for every $100 you bet you win $160. Or it might be -160, which means you have to bet $160 to win $100.

So yes. Congrats on the winning bet, but methinks you're getting a MAX of $2600 (your $1000 back plus the $1600 if it's +160) and more than likely $1625 back, if it was -160 as I assume it probably was since Seattle was favored to win 8+ this year.

This betting message board thread says UNDER 6.5 wins paid +155 .. so yeah..
http://www.beyondthebets.com/forum/thre ... s-for-2012

OP
OP
J

jamsomatic

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1s3t1o8v said:
Largent80":1s3t1o8v said:

Have fun, I know I am.

We're not trying to be a-holes, I just don't think you completely understand the bet you made. You're definitely going to win it .. barring a massive disaster to end the season.. but you're not getting 16:1 odds on a win total bet. It might be +160, meaning for every $100 you bet you win $160. Or it might be -160, which means you have to bet $160 to win $100.

So yes. Congrats on the winning bet, but methinks you're getting a MAX of $2600 (your $1000 back plus the $1600 if it's +160) and more than likely $1625 back, if it was -160 as I assume it probably was since Seattle was favored to win 8+ this year.

This betting message board thread says UNDER 6.5 wins paid +155 .. so yeah..
http://www.beyondthebets.com/forum/thre ... s-for-2012

It's not even plus 160. Never was. Not even close.

Largent80

Reaction score
Glad you are so concerned about what I am winning, when you all could have done the same thing.

As Charlie Sheen says WINNING, and that's me. What about YOU?

I also cashed a winning ticket on Sundays game while I was in Vegas. I put down $200 and my ticket paid $565. I guess since all you experts at guessing what winners get paid want proof?.....

Well. kiss my ass and grow a set and make your own bets. :lol:

OP
OP
J

jamsomatic

Reaction score
Largent80":32j2p4xn said:
Glad you are so concerned about what I am winning, when you all could have done the same thing.

As Charlie Sheen says WINNING, and that's me. What about YOU?

When you make outlandish and uninformed claims they are sure to be rebuked. its nothing personal. We gamblers just dont like it when pretenders give us a bad name. LOL.
Post a picture of this "$16,000 ticket". That would clear everything up.

Largent80

Reaction score
how about you grow a set of nuts and wager something when it counts instead of trying to piss on a parade.

I think I'll have a winners drink now......buh bye mr. expert wagerer...hahhahaha

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Is that bet still available Largent? I'll be flying.in on Friday. I'm putting money down if so

cacksman

Reaction score
Largent is clearly joking. There's no way he can actually believe he got 16:1 odds on that.