Could Bevell leave?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:59 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:So you thought it was general discussion yet you commented on the specific details of waht we were talking about.

    I guess I can't believe what I read.


    What are you even talking about?

    You wrote: "Running the option read was Wilsons idea and he lobbied for it." I read that as it being his idea initially and said it was Carroll's idea. You were referring to the Chicago game specifically and not in general. It's not hard to work out why I read it as I did. And it's hardly worth arguing the toss over.

    But don't worry, Pehawk will be here in a moment to tell you your clogging the discussion up.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8051
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:59 pm
  • Garrett in Dallas may not be too bad either, he did better as a OC. Not sure about his WCO experience though, I think Garrett is going to be on the outs is why I mention him.

    Oh and so will Whisenhunt, but I'm thinking Reid may land there and try to salvage Kolb and that offense.
    Last edited by chris98251 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 11202
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:59 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I dont know who's responsible either. But, unlike you, I dont run out to label those who defend Bevell. So, I got that going for me.

    Truth is, we're all uneducated NFL nerds on here. None of us truly know any more than the other. So, the implication and attempt to label all his Bevell critics as mob-mentality, knee-jerk, reactionary rubes, is tired. It clogs discussions and discounts some legit questioning of Bevell’s ability.


    Yeah... how poor of me to discount the following post, so rich in detail: "You can have him I think bevell is horrible at play calling"

    I mean, that isn't knee-jerk or reactionary at all. And that aint clogging up the discussion is it?

    Seahawks fans have moaned about every offensive coordinator we've in my time following the team. Seahawks fans complained all the time about Holmgren's play calling too. And Seahawks fans will continue to moan about it until the day the team sports the leagues clear #1 offense. It's part of the territory here.

    But I'm glad we've been able to 'clog up the discussion' a little more with this exchange.


    You chose to answer that specific post. And ignore reasons I, and others, laid out.

    I never complained about Holmgren's play-calling. I actually like Bates, ALOT. I've never once ripped Bradley. So, I have no idea what you're talking about.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 10181
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:03 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Garrett in Dallas may not be too bad either, he did better as a OC. Not sure about his WCO experience though, I think Garrett is going to be on the outs is why I mention him.

    Oh and so will Whisenhunt, but I'm thinking Reid may land there and try to salvage Kolb and that offense.

    How about Norv Turner?
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7204
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:04 pm
  • pehawk wrote:You who chose to answer that specific post. And ignore reasons I, and others, laid out.

    I never complained about Holmgren's play-calling. I actually like Bates, ALOT. I've never once ripped Bradley. So, I have no idea what you're talking about.


    Lot's of people complained about Holmgren's play calling and you know it. Just because YOU didn't doesn't mean it didn't happen. Full back draw anyone?

    Ditto with Bates. There were no tears shed when he left. It's the way it is. Fans like to moan about the coordinators over here. There are a lot of people on this forum just blerting out 'Bevell sucks, he cannot play call'. You're arguing the toss because you apparently haven't just said that. Guess what - I never claimed everyone not 100% thrilled with Bevell DID.

    Frigging hell this is hard work. I'm done arguing over this. Wisconsin fan - good luck in your coaching search. You could do a lot worse than Darrell Bevell.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8051
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:04 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Garrett in Dallas may not be too bad either, he did better as a OC. Not sure about his WCO experience though, I think Garrett is going to be on the outs is why I mention him.

    Oh and so will Whisenhunt, but I'm thinking Reid may land there and try to salvage Kolb and that offense.

    How about Norv Turner?


    Now you're talking. Or, just give it to Cable.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 10181
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:06 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    pehawk wrote:You who chose to answer that specific post. And ignore reasons I, and others, laid out.

    I never complained about Holmgren's play-calling. I actually like Bates, ALOT. I've never once ripped Bradley. So, I have no idea what you're talking about.


    Lot's of people complained about Holmgren's play calling and you know it. Just because YOU didn't doesn't mean it didn't happen. Full back draw anyone?

    Ditto with Bates. There were no tears shed when he left. It's the way it is. Fans like to moan about the coordinators over here. There are a lot of people on this forum just blerting out 'Bevell sucks, he cannot play call'. You're arguing the toss because you apparently haven't just said that. Guess what - I never claimed everyone not 100% thrilled with Bevell DID.

    Frigging hell this is hard work. I'm done arguing over this. Wisconsin fan - good luck in your coaching search. You could do a lot worse than Darrell Bevell.


    Dont forget your shinebox, manners and humility.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 10181
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:06 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I dont know who's responsible either. But, unlike you, I dont run out to label those who defend Bevell. So, I got that going for me.

    Truth is, we're all uneducated NFL nerds on here. None of us truly know any more than the other. So, the implication and attempt to label all his Bevell critics as mob-mentality, knee-jerk, reactionary rubes, is tired. It clogs discussions and discounts some legit questioning of Bevell’s ability.


    Yeah... how poor of me to discount the following post, so rich in detail: "You can have him I think bevell is horrible at play calling"

    I mean, that isn't knee-jerk or reactionary at all. And that aint clogging up the discussion is it?

    Seahawks fans have moaned about every offensive coordinator we've in my time following the team. Seahawks fans complained all the time about Holmgren's play calling too. And Seahawks fans will continue to moan about it until the day the team sports the leagues clear #1 offense. It's part of the territory here.

    But I'm glad we've been able to 'clog up the discussion' a little more with this exchange.

    Lumping everyone together like you did here doesn't promote discussion, it says this vague group of fans you have labeled as Seahawk fans need to be as smart as you.

    Just call out specific statements from specific posters instead of generalizing. Especially since you are using the "everyone complains about the OC" argument. Lots of OCs get fired every year, so sometimes fans must be right, right?
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11227
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:08 pm
  • pehawk wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Garrett in Dallas may not be too bad either, he did better as a OC. Not sure about his WCO experience though, I think Garrett is going to be on the outs is why I mention him.

    Oh and so will Whisenhunt, but I'm thinking Reid may land there and try to salvage Kolb and that offense.

    How about Norv Turner?


    Now you're talking. Or, just give it to Cable.


    I'm reading through his resume and OMG...impressive indeed. Just take a look at the offenses that he's had success with.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7204
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:13 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    I'm reading through his resume and OMG...impressive indeed. Just take a look at the offenses that he's had success with.


    *Took over the last place offense in Dallas in 91. Cowboys won the SB in 92 and 93.

    *Emmitt Smith led the league in rushing all 3 years under Turner

    *Troy Aikman was 7-18 before Norv. 31-11 after. 6-0 in postseason

    *Michael Irvin never finished lower than 2nd in receiving yards under Turner
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7204
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:14 pm
  • To their credit and not Bevells alone, Pete Cable and Bevell have designed an offense that adapted to Wilsons attributes, moving him out, read option and changing the blocking up some. Problem we have is when calling plays he gets predictable and seems to lose sight a lot of whats working and or will not change things up to keep a defense honest. The read option will fail as well if you don't counter it with traditional passing once the defense spreads out to contain the edges more and the safeties move up.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 11202
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:14 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:Lumping everyone together like you did here doesn't promote discussion, it says this vague group of fans you have labeled as Seahawk fans need to be as smart as you.

    Just call out specific statements from specific posters instead of generalizing. Especially since you are using the "everyone complains about the OC" argument. Lots of OCs get fired every year, so sometimes fans must be right, right?


    Actually, I was using the 'a lot of people complain about the OC argument'. But thanks for bringing me back for one more post in this godforsaken thread.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8051
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:19 pm
  • I'm really NOT being personal with English. I dont like the "I'm smarter than the masses" implications. Not saying that was his intent, but I personally read it that way, and am wrong most of the time. I dont think he's one of the "hey I have broadband, blog and spare time so I know more" people. Those people bug me, because basically my 3yo can say the same thing.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 10181
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:31 pm
  • You're right, I don't have spare time.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8051
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:45 pm
  • Stuje1 wrote:I am a Badger fan that has converted into a big Seahawks fan this season due to DangerRuss. I even cheered them on loudly against my hometeam Bears while at Soldier field this past weekend. Been an exciting season to hop on board as a Seahawks fan!

    Anyway, I am writing my first post but have been lurking all season. As you may have saw, Coach Bielema left the Badgers in a surprise move and is headed to Arkansas. The reason it affects the Hawks is that Bevell is one of the leading candidates to replace him at UW. Not sure if both sides will ultimately be interested, but I know there is some mixed feelings about Bevell on here and wanted to mention the interesting possibility that he could leave for the head coaching job at UW....

    (btw, I'm looking forward to being a part of net nation!)

    Praying to the rumor gawds this is true. Maybe they'll take the ball-less wonder that is Gus Bradley as well. :th2thumbs:
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11930
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:51 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Stuje1 wrote:I am a Badger fan that has converted into a big Seahawks fan this season due to DangerRuss. I even cheered them on loudly against my hometeam Bears while at Soldier field this past weekend. Been an exciting season to hop on board as a Seahawks fan!

    Anyway, I am writing my first post but have been lurking all season. As you may have saw, Coach Bielema left the Badgers in a surprise move and is headed to Arkansas. The reason it affects the Hawks is that Bevell is one of the leading candidates to replace him at UW. Not sure if both sides will ultimately be interested, but I know there is some mixed feelings about Bevell on here and wanted to mention the interesting possibility that he could leave for the head coaching job at UW....

    (btw, I'm looking forward to being a part of net nation!)

    Praying to the rumor gawds this is true. Maybe they'll take the ball-less wonder that is Gus Bradley as well. :th2thumbs:

    And replace him with Monte Kiffin? :grin:
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7204
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:53 pm
  • razgriz737 wrote:I'm not gonna pretend I'm some expert by any means, but it doesn't give me a whole lotta confidence in our OC when I go into .NET chat on game day and see guys fairly consistently predicting plays.

    Maybe that's more of a compliment to our posters here than it is a knock on Bevell.


    No way a Pop warner D could consistently predict him
    TLD0550
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 345
    Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:50 pm


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:56 pm
  • I'd love to see him go to Wisconsin.

    Then, when the next guy shows up, and doesn't do as well as Bevell, people will freak out, long for Bevell, and the wailing and gnashing of teeth will be utterlly hilarious.

    I'd be fairly amused by people forgetting how they wanted to lynch Bevell, and calling how they called it how Bevell was so good and we should've never let him go.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3733
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:32 pm
  • If you can't find it within you to be happy for the guy when someone on our staff either moves on or up, you should wonder, IF NO ONE ELSE WANTS HIM WHY IS HE ON OUR STAFF!
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2554
    Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:51 am


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:33 pm
  • seedhawk wrote:If you can't find it within you to be happy for the guy when someone on our staff either moves on or up, you should wonder, IF NO ONE ELSE WANTS HIM WHY IS HE ON OUR STAFF!


    ???
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 10181
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:34 pm
  • pehawk wrote:
    seedhawk wrote:If you can't find it within you to be happy for the guy when someone on our staff either moves on or up, you should wonder, IF NO ONE ELSE WANTS HIM WHY IS HE ON OUR STAFF!


    ???

    :13:
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


    2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    User avatar
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1666
    Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Spokane/Seattle


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:46 pm
  • Bevell defender here! And my point shall be short and to the point.

    The Seahawks offense is ranked #5 in these Football Outsiders rankings, which I believe is generally well respected here.

    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff2012

    And #2 Weighted. Yeah you heard me. #2 weighted, only behind the Pats.

    (Fun fact, we have 3 units in the top 6, with the offense at #5, the special teams at #3, and the defense the lowest ranked at #6 ( :( ) )

    Bevell got quite the fair share of blame when the offense sucked. Now, when is he gonna start getting credit?

    This help out English? lol
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5231
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:06 pm
  • IMO Bevell is a good OC whose philosophy fits perfectly with the Badgers but I don't believe he's ever been trained as assistant headcoach. A reunion with the Badgers would be very good but he'd have some early difficulties in the headcoaching role. The ideal candidate for the Badgers is Paul Chryst who left the Badgers last year to become headcoach of Pitt Panthers and now seems committed to that program. Chris Ash is another possibility. IMO, Barry Alvarez will likely hire from within or else call experienced candidates from his line of coaching. Also Alvarez hates controversy so he's not likely to consider Bobby Petrino, Tressel or any other candidate with recent scandals.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 767
    Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:13 pm
  • Blazenhawks wrote:Do you ever wonder why Bevell doesn't call HB screens or WR screens.


    Do you have any theories for why he doesn't, other than "he sucks"? Because there are possibilities. Besides, there have been screens lately.

    I have to agree some of the trick plays have been awesome but he can be predictable like Run, Run, pass, Punt


    He's done this five times in the last two games. And against Chicago, they converted all three times. About 62% of his first downs the last two games have been pass plays.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11314
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:18 pm
  • If you recall when Alvarez stepped aside from coaching in 2005 he hand-picked Bret Beleima (his defensive coordinator) even as fans and media hoped for more established coaching candidates. The next coach of the Wisconsin Badgers will not only have to share Alvarez's philosophies but must also be comfortable communicating with the AD of Wisconsin who still has much influence on the team.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 767
    Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:35 pm
  • Why do we need something to complain about when there is really nothing legitimate to complain about except wildly inaccurate conjecture and gut feelings?

    We have one of the most efficient offenses in the league at this point. We are not a run, run pass offense as some would say.

    We have improved immensely with a rookie QB who was average in his first 5 games. Some of that is play selection and offensive philosophy - which, contrary to popular belief, does not entirely come from Wilson himself.

    It isn't Bevell's fault we don't execute some plays well - or the defense plays well against it - sometimes Russell/Marshawn/offensive line just stink.

    He doesn't have the benefit of hindsight when he calls the plays.

    There is zero evidence we would be better with another playcaller/designer. as well, I would argue, with our recent success, there are few who would be better.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Image
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    User avatar
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2961
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:16 pm
    Location: Hamilton


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 pm
  • TDOTSEAHAWK wrote:Why do we need something to complain about when there is really nothing legitimate to complain about except wildly inaccurate conjecture and gut feelings?

    Welcome to a sports forum, my friend.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


    2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    User avatar
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1666
    Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Spokane/Seattle


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:47 pm
  • razgriz737 wrote:
    TDOTSEAHAWK wrote:Why do we need something to complain about when there is really nothing legitimate to complain about except wildly inaccurate conjecture and gut feelings?

    Welcome to a sports forum, my friend.


    I stand welcomed.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Image
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    User avatar
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2961
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:16 pm
    Location: Hamilton


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:34 am
  • I was neutral (at best) on Bevell after 2011.

    He's won me over this season. His ability to consistently construct long drives this season is the best we've seen since Mike Holmgren in 2005. I think his playcalling shines the most when Carroll/Cable allow him to call more passing plays.

    He's also brought some nice trick plays to this offense (Rice/Tate throwing the football, etc. Those plays have almost always been successful too).

    He's also introduced Mike Rob as a surprise 3rd and short back and it's worked very well.

    Throughout the season, he's been flexible and changed the offense to adapt for Wilson's needs.

    I also feel like it's probably not a coincidence that so many players on offense have developed significantly since Bevell came here. Even the good players he inherited (Rice, etc) have looked very natural in his offense. Which makes plenty of sense in Rice's case given that Bevell's offense is the only NFL offense he's ever played in.

    The only time his playcalling leaves something to be desired is when the team goes run-run-pass-punt, or when the team was throwing 4 or 5 backwards lateral bubble screens a game. Those were stupid- but then again, the team realized those things weren't working great and moved on from them.

    This is just the 2nd time that Bevell has had a quality QB running his offense, and unsurprisingly both of those offenses were very efficient and won a lot of games.

    I would hope that Bevell returns in 2013, but if he goes to Wisconsin I'd wish him well and hope that Seattle could pick up a home run addition at OC.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11202
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:44 am
  • The problem is that Bevell's playcalling has been too passive. Like Phins game. I truly believe Wilson carried him in Bears game, with his play extension and more or less exceptional passing. It's really hard to accurately judge him because of Russ' ability to run. Altho, if he has to run, then maybe plays are designed badly, or to make him run out of pocket.
    quadsas
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 93
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:34 pm


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:08 am
  • There is certainly a couple of times this year I was left wondering "what the hell were you thinking" Bevel. But I have to say this. Would this conversation be happening IF the D had done their job against Mia and Det? If we were 9-3 right now would we be having much of an issue with Bevel? Has he not helped to bring Wilson along well as English has pointed out? Has he not done some very good things this year also? The win-loss record is usually a good indicator of how a coaching staff is doing....and looking at our record I'd put more "blame" on our losses on the other side of the ball. Yeah, in the end I'd like to see Bevel another year for sure.
    Oh DonkoSpurt We Hardly Knew Ye!
    User avatar
    samwize77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 913
    Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:43 am


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:27 am
  • For me, blaming Bevell was the easy call.
    I was wrong.

    I have some fundamental disagreements with our entire offensive philosophy, but within the constraints of that system, Bevell is doing a very good job.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11227
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:36 am
  • I'm just glad my school (NC State) locked up Doeren, probably Wisky's first choice, last week.
    User avatar
    aawolf
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 445
    Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:04 am


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:29 am
  • I think if I'm entirely offbase with my Bevell dissatisfaction, we'll see it, shortly. Looking at the pieces, Wilsons progression, and the confidence earned in Wilson mean its time to score. I know Pete's conservative, but I think that was a feeling-out period with Wilson. Pete will take scoring, every time, all game. From what I've seen, the tools are there to now put pressure on defense for a full 4 quarters.

    I'm expecting scoring now. C'mon Bevell.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 10181
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:31 am
  • Personally, I think Bevell has been an above average OC given the early constraints on this system (Wilson, smashmouth run game with an ever shifting offensive line) leading to some moments of greatness as the offense congeals.

    He's done some great things with a WR crew that, before the season, people were worried was going to be a major weakness (who would have predicted Tate's sudden emergence as our co-TD leader?), and a few bone-headed decisions aside - which are going to happen EVERY game - I've enjoyed watching the offense over the past few weeks.

    So, I think it'd be a great hire for Wisconsin, because, as kearly mentioned, he seems to have a good idea how to develop talent, but I'd like to see another season from him.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15443
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:07 am
  • If Bevell leaves, Russell Wilson could just call his own plays.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1881
    Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm


Re: Could Bevell leave?
Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:35 pm
  • According to Tim Booth today:

    "#Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell says he has not been contacted about the #Wisconsin head coaching job"
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


    2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    User avatar
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1666
    Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Spokane/Seattle


Previous


It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:55 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online