Why the Edwards catch should not have been over turned

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Yes it touched the grass while he was catching it. Which means it was still 6 inches above the ground. Did you see the length of the grass on that shitty field? (yes, this thread is really just an excuse to bitch about Soldier Field.)

Soldier Field has one of the poorest, shittiest excuses for a football field in the NFL, just behind that god awful Heinz field.
End rant.

sturg78

Reaction score
It may have been the right call if it had been called like that on the field. I am not one to bitch about the refs making the right call, but the fact he thought there was enough evidence to over turn that was complete bs. The best few was a hundred yards away and Pete was right when he told them at half time that there is no way they could see whether or not Braylon's fingers were under the ball. 9/10 (would have been 10/10 if not for yesterday) that play stands as however it was called on the field.

I know your post was to bitch about the field but that call made me angry.

12evanf

Reaction score
Speaking of Edwards touchdowns. Earlier in the game if RW put a little more meat on the throw to Edwards on that go route, he could have had two touchdowns. The commentator questioned whether Braylon has enough juice left for such plays, but really the pass was underthrown. That play, overthrowing Miller, and not seeing Miller in the end zone were the only three RW mistakes I can think of in the game. Did I mention I love our quarterback?

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
12evanf":3oo2i0pz said:
Speaking of Edwards touchdowns. Earlier in the game if RW put a little more meat on the throw to Edwards on that go route, he could have had two touchdowns. The commentator questioned whether Braylon has enough juice left for such plays, but really the pass was underthrown. That play, overthrowing Miller, and not seeing Miller in the end zone were the only three RW mistakes I can think of in the game. Did I mention I love our quarterback?
Ah, I almost forgot that play.
Yes, underthrown. Still, why the hell was Edwards body catching that ball? Go up and get it! I was livid with Edwards for trying to cradle that catch. But if I had his past history of drops, I would probably try to cradle catches too.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Braylon Edwards: Collector of the kind of easily-excused almost-catches that Golden Tate, somehow, just doesn't drop.

gargantual

Reaction score
Greenhell":1pmih85h said:
rainger":1pmih85h said:
Pstark3":1pmih85h said:
But.. Mike Pereira said so!
God I hate that egotistical blow hard

As do I. He's a douche.
It's PHYSICALLY painful to listen to that tool try to wriggle out of ever calling anything in Seattle's favor. It's just incredible. I mean, I know I'm biased and expect the worst from him (and am invariably "reassured" of that), but I honestly can't remember anything else ever coming out of his waste of a hole. Does anyone else?

mikeak

Reaction score
It was underthrown......

Lol did you see RW laying out to get that ball off? Vertical with the ground....

Agree in the other mistakes

As I recall the revised ruling they stated it hit the ground PRIOR to receivers hands bouncing up into the hands

Which is bs

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I thought it was incomplete. But I also thought there was no way that they should have overturned it based on the evidence.

So basically the refs screwed up twice on that play if thats possible. Both the original call and the overturn.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3o13af70 said:
Braylon Edwards: Collector of the kind of easily-excused almost-catches that Golden Tate, somehow, just doesn't drop.

[youtube]hw9Po9eh4M8[/youtube]

[youtube]-68j_umST6Q[/youtube]

Yep. Braylon doesn't catch either of these.

razgriz737

Reaction score
JSeahawks":wes8n3y2 said:
I thought it was incomplete. But I also thought there was no way that they should have overturned it based on the evidence.

So basically the refs screwed up twice on that play if thats possible. Both the original call and the overturn.
My thoughts exactly.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Greenhell":3qwvqaot said:
rainger":3qwvqaot said:
Pstark3":3qwvqaot said:
But.. Mike Pereira said so!
God I hate that egotistical blow hard

As do I. He's a douche.

Who? Oh, you mean Mike "It Had The Ingredients Of A Hold" Pereira?

That guy is such an assclown.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Sure I am biased, but the refs fail to take into consideration that your hands can dig into the turf a bit and compress the grass to make the catch. The rules says it has to be clear to overturn. It was not anyway I see it

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Apropos of nothing, Golden Tate honestly is a punk. Great playmaker, but a punk.

hawker84

Reaction score
i too thought according to the rules it was incomplete, but since ruled a TD on the field there was no where near enough eveidence to overturn it...

as far as soldier field, ya man it looked raggedy as hell, but being an old cat from way back, i love any field with real dirt and grass.... nothing like seeing the apposing QB get up with a big hunk of turf stuck in his facemask...

jlwaters1

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3foo12nv said:
Apropos of nothing, Golden Tate honestly is a punk. Great playmaker, but a punk.

why do you say that? I haven't heard anything from him to suggest that he's a "punk." Unless you somehow know he's into punk rock music, than that's cool. :D