How confident are you all about a win this weekend?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I'm sitting around 80% :179422:
    509hawk
    NET Rookie

• 90%.

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• I'm @ 90%. They just lost to the JETS 7-6 IIRC. There offense sucks and it's a road game. I forsee a 24-7 score. Similar to the JETS game.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• 99.9%

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Any Given Sunday
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• It may sound cliche, but there is no easy win in the NFL.

The Cardinals D is stout. If Kolb comes back, we got a ballgame on our hands.
    King Dog
    NET Starter

• About 80% for me too.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Pete needs this game to finally get above 7 wins in a season for the Hawks. I think he'll have these boys prepared. And no one beats us at home.
    Jase
    NET Starter

• 67.4449%
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• one of the better young D's in the league, i'm not touching this with a 10ft pole.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• 100%
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• confident.
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Basis4day wrote:Any Given Sunday

You rang?

I'm at 90%.

The game will be tight. I like our chances with Russ much better than any QB that Arizona rolls out.

We protect the ball and we will win.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• For me it's at 100%.

Not that I take the Cards lightly by an measure.

It's just destiny in my mind that this game will be a win.

If I get tickets, I'll be there in person(my first game of the year), and I know there will be at least one 'angle in the outfield' for that game.

GO HAWKS!
    DericLee
    NET Veteran

• aint gonna do it :180670:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• I truly believe that the Bears win will be the catalyst to go on a winning streak. This team now believes. Dangerous. Er, DangeRUSS.

AND being at home? Come on man, the Cardinals are going down.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Cardinals have the worst QB and worst Oline in the league, and they'll be in our house. I don't see how we dont destroy that offense so badly and set a couple record along the way
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

• I'm pretty confident. I know lots of folks here are rightfully concerned about what happened in Week 1 and late last season. It's hard to forget those games when considering the one coming this week.

But here's my response:

1. First off, both of those games were in Arizona. That's a challenge right off the bat. This game is at home, and the Cards haven't beaten us in Seattle since the ugly 2009 season. Their offense hasn't shown up at the Clink, even if their defense has traveled pretty well. I know some might say that we can blame Max Hall and Derek Anderson for the Cards' poor showing here last year, but I counter that by saying "We were starting Tarvaris Jackson early in the season." It's a wash.

2. The Arizona QB situation is not good. Skelton is bad, and Lindley is worse. Even if Kolb is ready to return, he's missed nearly two months of practice. He'll be rusty. And it's not like he was setting the world on fire when he was healthy. He had lost 2 straight (counting the Buffalo game he was knocked out of in the 4th quarter) when injuries forced him from the starting spot, and was on a pretty significant downward trend. Now, I know that people have concerns over our defense, but most of their struggles have been on the road. In the last 2 home games, they punished bad QBs in Ponder and Sanchez. I don't see any reason to think that they can't or won't do the same to Kolb/Skelton/Lindley.

3. The Seahawks offense right now is a completely different animal than the offense the Cards saw in Week 1. Night and day different. In Week 1, Wilson still had rookie all over him, had been splitting reps in training camp, and had zero chemistry with any of his receivers. That is so completely not the case now. Wilson, Rice, and Tate are all working well together, and that's opening things up for Miller and Baldwin. We're no longer just Lynch and a pretense of a passing game. This offense can do (and has done) things now that they simply couldn't do in Week 1.

4. How about that awesome Arizona defense? It really IS a good D. It thrives on turnovers and hits hard. No arguing that. Legitimate cause for concern. However, didn't this Seahawks team just face a really good D that thrives on turnovers and hits hard? Ask most NFL fans which defense is a tougher draw, and I'd bet the majority would say Chicago. This Seahawks team went into Chicago and put together long drives against a defense that is at least equally as tough as Arizona's and wore them out on their own field.

Really, the ONLY thing that concerns me about this game is that the players might be too giddy over the Bears win and lack 100% focus on the Cards. I worry that they might feel a bit too full of themselves like they did coming off of 2 wins and heading into Miami. That said, I expect the coaches to rein that in as much as humanly possible (and the 12th man to have their say about that, too).

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm never confident about anything, but i'm close with this game.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• ensett wrote:Cardinals have the worst QB and worst Oline in the league

Didn't we hear that in week one?

This would mark the 5th or 6th time that our defensive line was suppose to have their way with an inferior or banged up offensive line, and it's yet to come to fruition. Our D Line is also banged up and not performing as well as they should, so don't count on us manhandling Arizona's line.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• This is going to be a third bye week for us, to go with the actual bye week and the Jets game.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    ensett wrote:Cardinals have the worst QB and worst Oline in the league

Didn't we hear that in week one?

This would mark the 5th or 6th time that our defensive line was suppose to have their way with an inferior or banged up offensive line, and it's yet to come to fruition. Our D Line is also banged up and not performing as well as they should, so don't count on us manhandling Arizona's line.

We heard it, but it isnt the same this time. Skelton is bad, but I am better than Lindley, he isnt an NFL player. Their oline seems to have gotten worse, not to mention they have lost a lot of RBs since week 1. And we aren't on the road this time, we are going to destroy that offense. They just cut Todd Heap, most of their WRs are hurt. They are in shambles.
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

• 100% right now - ask me at game time and it will probably by considerably less
    Do you like curry? - Gareth Keenan
    DYLcurry59
    NET Starter

• ensett wrote:Cardinals have the worst QB and worst Oline in the league, and they'll be in our house. I don't see how we dont destroy that offense so badly and set a couple record along the way

Just playing Devil's Advocate, the Bears have one of the worst OL's in the league, and we all know how that worked out.

I hope the Bears game sparked something or made something click, but the Hawks have shown they are fully capable of laying an egg (Miami, St. Louis). I'm cautiously confident.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:99.9%

Well Aros, I got the other 00.1% covered for ya :lol:
    I'm confident in a win, but not at all enough to take Larry Fitz. for granted.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• How can anyone be confident with two suspensions pending that would weaken an already

shaky defense? .

Hello ! we haven't beat anyone in the nfc west .
    calihawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• Good God, some of you sound like we are playing this game in Arizona. Have SOME faith. Haven't they lost 8 straight? You do recall, that up until last Sunday, our losses come on THE ROAD.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• razgriz737 wrote:
    ensett wrote:Cardinals have the worst QB and worst Oline in the league, and they'll be in our house. I don't see how we dont destroy that offense so badly and set a couple record along the way

Just playing Devil's Advocate, the Bears have one of the worst OL's in the league, and we all know how that worked out.

I hope the Bears game sparked something or made something click, but the Hawks have shown they are fully capable of laying an egg (Miami, St. Louis). I'm cautiously confident.

That is true, but the Cards wont get the benefit of playing at home, and Cutler is probably a little quicker and smarter than whoever the Cards got
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:99.9%

I was here until I read that we were favored by double digits. That scares me a little
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• calihawk wrote:How can anyone be confident with two suspensions pending that would weaken an already

shaky defense? .

Both Sherman and Browner are playing against Arizona. Sherman's hearing isn't until Dec. 14, and Browner's hasn't even been scheduled yet.

And anywways, of all the teams to play without either one of them -- you couldn't pick a better offense than that train wreck Arizona has.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• hawker84 wrote:one of the better young D's in the league, i'm not touching this with a 10ft pole.

Well I have a 10 foot pole and I'm touching it... :shock:

We will kick their ass. They have a decent defense, but in case you haven't noticed. We have a decent offense now, and at home, and payback is a mother ......
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Aros wrote:Good God, some of you sound like we are playing this game in Arizona. Have SOME faith. Haven't they lost 8 straight? You do recall, that up until last Sunday, our losses come on THE ROAD.

I think the Miami game just ruined my confidence for a little while. I was 100% sure we were going to wipe the floor with them, haha.

I do think we will beat the Tards, but I'm not exactly writing this off as an auto-win.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:one of the better young D's in the league, i'm not touching this with a 10ft pole.

Wasn't the BEARS suppose to be an amazing defense too, and even more ballhawking? Chicago got all the breaks and still lost. This is a home game where the team plays at a higher level. WE SHOULD WIN. I expect to win. If we don't win, it will be the worst loss of the season.

There's no reason SEattle shouldn't have 8 wins come next Monday.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• calihawk wrote:How can anyone be confident with two suspensions pending that would weaken an already

shaky defense? .

The suspensions won't mean a thing this week. Both will play (not that we need them too).
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• I guess the chest thumping is what it's all about, otherwise why post on an NFL forum? I am confident the team will win. I also have followed this team since 1979 so sorry if I don't get all fired up and feel they are invincible.

I remain in a show me mode. I am enjoying the season but 9-7 was my pre-season pick so kool-aid will not be drank until 10th win is rang up.

Still, it has been a great party so far. Continue while I remain a wallflower. (smile).
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• I'm very confident about this game! The game that actually scare me is the Rams game! They have got nothing to lose and everything to gain. They will be trying to build momentum to carry over to next season.
    Doug Baldwin does nothing but Save QB's!
    TundraApe
    NET Veteran

• I'm tired of us as a beat down "show me" fan base. Stand up. Believe. I know we've been beaten down by high expectations leading to emotional cliffs, but this is a team that is worth believing in. Russell Wilson, even when he was in scared rookie mode, gave us a chance to win every single game we've played this year. When was the last time you could say that about a Seahawks team? Sure, we haven't beaten anyone in the NFCW yet, but we lost all 3 games on the road by 1 score or less. Now they get to come into the meat grinder that is SEAHAWKS STADIUM. Kevin Kolb, Ryan Lindley, KURT WARNER it doesn't matter. This team does not lose at home right now. They just don't do it. A close road loss = a big home win for this team. That's just the way I see it and I refuse to believe otherwise. Could they lose, sure...this is the NFL all 106 guys on the two active rosters is one of the best at what they do, but that minute chance that Arizona MIGHT win isn't going to change what I think should and probably will happen.

This is our team, its no longer the doormat underachievers. This is a tough hard nosed hungry club that is worth your support win or lose, good or bad. What happened in 1997 has no bearing except on your own psyche's. Learn to love again people. Learn to trust again. This team is worth it, and even if they break your heart, know that they went down swinging to the very last snap.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

• Navyhawkfan187 wrote:I'm tired of us as a beat down "show me" fan base. Stand up. Believe. I know we've been beaten down by high expectations leading to emotional cliffs, but this is a team that is worth believing in. Russell Wilson, even when he was in scared rookie mode, gave us a chance to win every single game we've played this year. When was the last time you could say that about a Seahawks team? Sure, we haven't beaten anyone in the NFCW yet, but we lost all 3 games on the road by 1 score or less. Now they get to come into the meat grinder that is SEAHAWKS STADIUM. Kevin Kolb, Ryan Lindley, KURT WARNER it doesn't matter. This team does not lose at home right now. They just don't do it. A close road loss = a big home win for this team. That's just the way I see it and I refuse to believe otherwise. Could they lose, sure...this is the NFL all 106 guys on the two active rosters is one of the best at what they do, but that minute chance that Arizona MIGHT win isn't going to change what I think should and probably will happen.

This is our team, its no longer the doormat underachievers. This is a tough hard nosed hungry club that is worth your support win or lose, good or bad. What happened in 1997 has no bearing except on your own psyche's. Learn to love again people. Learn to trust again. This team is worth it, and even if they break your heart, know that they went down swinging to the very last snap.

I am tired of loud mouth, let me tell you how to be a fan types. Support the team as you will. Don't try to tell me how I should. You same superfan types are the ones running here to bitch when the team screws up and want to fire the entire coaching staff. Vote me off the island or make me a foe, I do not care. Just spare me the speech. I am not telling anyone else how to support their team. I don't get on here and rag them win or lose so spare me.

Thanks for the positive spin, maybe it will sink in. Or not.

EDIT: BTW, 1979, not 1997, if that even matters.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• drdiags wrote:
    Navyhawkfan187 wrote:I'm tired of us as a beat down "show me" fan base. Stand up. Believe. I know we've been beaten down by high expectations leading to emotional cliffs, but this is a team that is worth believing in. Russell Wilson, even when he was in scared rookie mode, gave us a chance to win every single game we've played this year. When was the last time you could say that about a Seahawks team? Sure, we haven't beaten anyone in the NFCW yet, but we lost all 3 games on the road by 1 score or less. Now they get to come into the meat grinder that is SEAHAWKS STADIUM. Kevin Kolb, Ryan Lindley, KURT WARNER it doesn't matter. This team does not lose at home right now. They just don't do it. A close road loss = a big home win for this team. That's just the way I see it and I refuse to believe otherwise. Could they lose, sure...this is the NFL all 106 guys on the two active rosters is one of the best at what they do, but that minute chance that Arizona MIGHT win isn't going to change what I think should and probably will happen.

I am tired of loud mouth, let me tell you how to be a fan type. Support the team as you will. Don't try to tell me how I should. You same superfan types are the ones running here to bitch when the team screws up and want to fire the entire coaching staff. Vote me off the island or make me a foe, I do not care. Just spare me the speech. I am not telling anyone else how to support their team. I don't get on here and rag them win or lose so spare me.

Thanks for the positive spin, maybe it will sink in. Or not.

You didn't describe me at all but nice try. I lived on an aircraft carrier for 5 years in the early 2000's as the only Seahawks fan out of 100+ guys. NFL was what we talked 90% of the time when we weren't focused on actually doing our jobs fixing lights for someone or whatever. I had to learn to scrape and fight for my team's respect. I had to go to work the morning after XL and hear it from EVERY single person I knew. Morning muster all 100 guys...looking at me...so yeah. I get why people are in a show me mode all the time.

I just don't understand it. I've never once this year posted that we should "fire all the coaches and cut everyone" that sort of attitude is why I've been a member of this site for as long as I have but rarely post.

But you know. I think I'll not be posting much anymore, or ever again. The over sensitive knee-jerk reactionary style around here just doesn't fit me. Thanks, take care. Enjoy the ride, this is a fun one regardless of record at the end of it.

edit: I pulled 1997 as an arbitrary year...I could have said 1986 too...just pointing out that the past is in the past and has 0 impact on the present, especially considering how few players/coaches are left from even 4 years ago.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

• Since we'll have our starting Corners for that game....they better hope their D can outscore us.
    "John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
    man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• Your choice 187. I am knee-jerk when you explicitly call me out as a fly in the ointment. We all have stories to tell. Sorry for not taking the textual tongue lashing in the intent it was given but it didn't set well with me.

All I know is that I financially, emotionally and any other way support the team. Live and die with them every Sunday. For a long time and forgive me if I don't want to keep falling in and out of love. I tend to keep it on an even keel. Not expounding anyone else to follow my lead. Thus no need for the pep talk.

I have served my country as well so we both have that going for us. I know what it is like to be the single guy standing up for the Seahawks as well. Other than that, we are our own person. Reactions will be different based on experiences.

Back on Topic. I am 100% sure the team will win, no room for doubt.
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Cards are terrible, have lost 8 straight and don't have an NFL qb on their roster. We are coming off a huge win against the Bears and are playing at home where we are unbeatable. Easy, guaranteed win.

Or is it...

35+ years experience of Seahawks fandom tells me this:

up by 2, 3 seconds on the clock. Cards line up for an impossible 65yd FG to win the game.....and miss. We win! We wi.......FLAG! 12 men on the field - Defense....+5yds/re-kick. Now a 60yd'er....and it's good. We lose.

Hate it, but my experience won't let me believe that we get this one. I desperately hope I'm wrong!
    olyryder
    NET Bench Warmer

• olyryder wrote:Cards are terrible, have lost 8 straight and don't have an NFL qb on their roster. We are coming off a huge win against the Bears and are playing at home where we are unbeatable. Easy, guaranteed win.

Or is it...

35+ years experience of Seahawks fandom tells me this:

up by 2, 3 seconds on the clock. Cards line up for an impossible 65yd FG to win the game.....and miss. We win! We wi.......FLAG! 12 men on the field - Defense....+5yds/re-kick. Now a 60yd'er....and it's good. We lose.

Hate it, but my experience won't let me believe that we get this one. I desperately hope I'm wrong!

haha, exactly. There is no reason the Hawks should let this be close, its as much of a lock as you get in this league. But, we've been fans of this team long enough to know better...
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• I'm at 90% if Kolb doesn't play, 65% if he does. I would see it kind of 50/50 if he plays and it were in Phoenix. It swings 65/35 in Hawks' favor with homefield advantage. Our team's defense is still cause for much concern IMO though Lindley is so inexperienced that that fact, along with HFA negates my concern. But Kolb went through them like a hot knife through butter with the game on the line down there in week 1 so if he plays I think it's pretty close but ultimately a Seattle W. I know everyone's very pleased this week after the win vs. the Bears as am I. But, I feel our defense is still a cause for some reasonable concern though obviously much more so on the road than at home.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Navyhawkfan187 wrote:But you know. I think I'll not be posting much anymore, or ever again.

As a fellow (Ex) Navy guy (lot of us on here, aren't there!) I have to say, Don't do THAT man! We all want to hear you on here again.

Navy or otherwise, I want to see people keep posting....even the ones I disagree with. Even the ones who annoy the crap out of me. Hell, even guys like Verndog! Getting one's ire up is good for motivation at times. I was a lurker for a lot of years, but believe me, the more you post, the easier it gets.

Come back to the light, my friend. :D
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• Navyhawkfan187 wrote:But you know. I think I'll not be posting much anymore, or ever again.

Do as you wish man but I'll tell you one thing, Doc is a really good guy and is one of the most even keeled people on these boards. For you to get him even in the least bit riled up means you might want to take a look in the mirror and see what you can do to be a better poster. Nothing gets folks here more pissed off than being told how they should be a fan. We're all BIG fans of the Seahawks or we'd be on sone poser board like say.....the Cowpatties'.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Navyhawkfan187 wrote:But you know. I think I'll not be posting much anymore, or ever again.

Do as you wish man but I'll tell you one thing, Doc is a really good guy and is one of the most even keeled people on these boards. For you to get him even in the least bit riled up means you might want to take a look in the mirror and see what you can do to be a better poster. Nothing gets folks here more pissed off than being told how they should be a fan. We're all BIG fans of the Seahawks or we'd be on sone poser board like say.....the Cowpatties'.

I (basically) agree with the concept of being told how to be a fan BUT that part right there snacks of doing just THAT. Kinda funny to read that directed towards someone accused of telling others how to post.

Genuinely NOT trying to :stirthepot: , just saying.

Can't we all just get along? (Know that's what you were trying to say : )
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• gargantual wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Navyhawkfan187 wrote:But you know. I think I'll not be posting much anymore, or ever again.

I (basically) agree with the concept of being told how to be a fan BUT that part right there snacks of doing just THAT. Kinda funny to read that directed towards someone accused of telling others how to post.

Genuinely NOT trying to :stirthepot: , just saying.

Can't we all just get along? (Know that's what you were trying to say : )

Fair point though I meant it in a way that maybe he ought to look at what he posts and his approach to doing so, definitely not his "fanhood". And besides, when you say maybe someone should look in the mirror, to me that seems different than this is absolutely how you ought to be. Really just trying to give a gentle nudge to see if maybe the guy might want to consider staying as much as anything.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• It's hard to feel confident about anything this year. We beat NE, GB, and CHI on the road... all games I didn't have much hope for. But then we lose to Miami and STL. Both games I thought we'd win.

But... it's a home game, and the Cards are sucking as of late. So I give us a good chance.
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Fair point though I meant it in a way that maybe he ought to look at what he posts and his approach to doing so, definitely not his "fanhood". And besides, when you say maybe someone should look in the mirror, to me that seems different than this is absolutely how you ought to be. Really just trying to give a gentle nudge to see if maybe the guy might want to consider staying as much as anything.

Yeah, and I know you were just trying to stick up for "The Doc" and people's "fandom" in general. It's all good.
    ....and Navyhawkfan187, really like hearing your input in all seriousness, don't be a stranger. The more voices on here, the more to occupy those long, dull periods between games!
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:08 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information