Schefter: Appeal date set for Sherman, not for Browner

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Basis4day":1g27wntf said:
T-Sizzle":1g27wntf said:
Digsbone":1g27wntf said:
He just needs to face the music and get it over with, I hate to see the Hawks without him I just don't see how holding out will help the team.

If he is not guilty it makes all the sense in the world to appeal.

It helps the team if he wins his appeal. Sherman isn't an idiot. If he knew he didn't have a shot at appeal i'm sure he would just accept it.

IDK about that. What is it people say about men and their pride? Maybe he is appealing so he isnt looked at like a cheater, for better or worse.

12thMan1

Reaction score
Has anyone considered that their suspension might get overturned? Or is it that unlikely?

HawksFTW

Reaction score
12thMan1":d4wkgjaq said:
Has anyone considered that their suspension might get overturned? Or is it that unlikely?

Overturned is highly unlikely. Reduced, possibly. Off the top of my head, the only players that have had suspensions like these overturned/reduced fall into two categories: those that had a legitimate reason for using the banned substance, or those that fight the ruling to higher courts. Andre Brown successfully overturned a suspension for Adderall, because he had a prescription for it, I believe, and I am sure there are other cases like that. Granted we haven't heard the players side of things yet, so I am not sure of their argument, but the only way I see them getting off is proving some form of tampering.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Boy oh boy...

If there is ANY chance this suspension is going to remain, we need to drop the appeal and allow the 4 games to start....It's an understatement to say that Lindley/Kolb/Skeleton and the Cards at home is a much easier game than SF, NYG, or GB on the road in the playoffs....

He must have a better story than "I drank my team-mates water bottle".

SeaTown81

Reaction score
This is really a tough decision. Vital games to make the playoffs (albeit ones we feel we can win) or super important playoff game(s)? I find I change my mind on this every 10 minutes. But ultimately I think you have to do everything you can to make the playoffs. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Never take anything for granted.

PS - Am I the only one who isn't all that torn up about the loss of Browner? I know he's head and shoulders better than our other guys. But he hasn't exactly played awesome of late. Sherman really hurts. And the duo together is killer. But Browner on his own wouldn't have got me too torn up.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Digsbone":3fkmeyvc said:
He just needs to face the music and get it over with, I hate to see the Hawks without him I just don't see how holding out will help the team.
How bout if he pushes all the way back to next season?

hawkmanj

Reaction score
it's tough...but it is really going to suck if these suspensions carry into the playoffs and even into next year...I'd rather get it over with.

Either way, DB could become a HUGE need in the draft if we want to start off right next year if we can't count on either corn to stay out of trouble.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Are we even sure that the suspensions would include playoff games? It might be that they get suspended for the last 2 games this year, get to play in the playoffs, then the first 2 games next year. I dont know, just throwing that out as a possibility.

As for rolling over and just taking the punishment if they were guilty I would say absolutely. But they both maintain their innocence. (im pretty sketical, but who knows) If they truely believe they're innocent I would hope that they fight it as long as possible.

Remember, the next time they get caught its a full season suspension. So if they think there's any chance of being proven innocent now they HAVE to take it, just in case they somehow get caught again in the future.

lukerguy

Reaction score
A Texans' kicker last year was suspended for four games last year which included the playoff game against BAL.

Twisted

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ppwnswcl said:
Tech Worlds":ppwnswcl said:
They are going to have a hard time MAKING the playoffs without these guys.

No, we're not.

seriously, how did Cutler move the ball so EASILY late in the 4th to put da bears in position for a FG and ultimately tie the game?

that game was a cinch after the Hawks hogged the clock and moved the ball down field for 7, the ONLY way they lose or tie is if Cutler is able to connect on a hail mary down field and sure enough..

that was ugly, just as ugly as Kapps rainbow lateral to let the Rams back in..

however it was fun watching both games at the same time both go into overtime, the niner game was a 52 yarder away from being a tie for the second time in the same season with the same 2 teams.. wow, really wild games.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Why would Browner or Sherman want to lose game checks this year? These guys want to get paid, and the longer the appeal the longer they play this year and make money. I hope that these guys are telling the truth, and the suspensions a re reduced or lifted. I would also hope that these guys would think about the team first, but these guys are professionals and get paid. Why would they want to lose money now, when it's better to delay.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Um, I'm pretty sure browner is up for a pay raise this off season. IN that case, those games would be much more expensive to miss. Maybe even twice as much.

mikeak

Reaction score
I am not sure the suspensions can be reduced. This is not a hit that was deemed a 10 out of 10 on some scale and when reviewed is changed to a 7 / 10 and suspensions is 1 game instead of 2 or something like that. This isn't a DUI that turned out from killing someone to the guy was jaywalking and you can apparently drive him over if that is the case (Donte Stallworth).

This is classified as a PED which carries a 4 game suspension. You either break the rules or have the right to take it. I see you winning this on bad testtaking or showing how you took something that shouldn't have had the drug in it but it did.

I guess I could see a lowered sentence only if the guy has the full medical clearance and NFL agrees on why but the guy should have applied earlier........ that is highly unlikely though