Officiating this game

Paschtorian

Reaction score
At least the replacement officials weren't "bought-an'-paid-for".

'Nuff said.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
The calls on the road are becoming obnoxiously obvious in favor of the home team...

I was at the Dolphins game and there were literally 4 holds not called on the Dolphins.

It was the difference between a win and a loss.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Paschtorian":1j7ailbx said:
At least the replacement officials weren't "bought-an'-paid-for".

'Nuff said.

Any wonder what the ref's leverage was in the hold-out? Those replacement refs didn't fully understand the unwritten 'rules' did they? :stirthepot:

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I swear it looked like Carey wanted to apologize to the Bear's fans for not being able to overturn the Tate touchdown. I thought he was going to cry.

nsport

Reaction score
From a Summer's Eve friend of mine... like we are whining and don't know what we're talking about. Mike Carey really blows and his crew blows more.

seahawkspost.png

rideaducati

Reaction score
I think Carey and crew are doing everything in their power to "make up" for the supposed bad call against Green Bay. It felt dirty all game long today. Most times when the Seahawks get flagged, you can see it, today, not so much. It wasn't just one flag, it was just about all of them.

warden

Reaction score
I do not think the refs purposely make bad calls against us, but I do honestly believe that the league finds tendencies in our game and tell the refs to watch out for this. The league does subtle things to help out the teams who give them better ratings. Until we have the marquee player that draws a national fan base this trend will continue. This league is all about the money and never under estimate the power of greed.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
jewhawk":1nurm5iw said:
One that hasn't been mentioned yet: On our final drive in regulation, on the play where Lynch fumbled near the sideline and Wilson recovered, Wilson stepped out of bounds after picking up the fumble but the clock kept running. It cost us about 30 seconds of game clock.

Also, while I agree that the officiating was horrible and one-sided all game today, it is not rigged. Put the tinfoil hats away; there's no conspiracy to rig games for certain teams. Hanlon's razor.

Yeah that clock should have stopped. Not that the league will pay any attention but Pete has a whole reelsworth of tape of bad officiating from this game to send to the NFL offiices .

suppaball

Reaction score
I counted 12 bad no calls and bad call combined. Carey is the worst official in the league.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Not a lot to add. Pete hopefully has enough clout with the league to demand some, if not all of this is looked at very closely.

ivotuk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":19xppn6a said:
Does anyone realize that Mike Carry also officiated the Miami game last week? I was pulling my hair out watching us get ticky tacky holding calls while Irvin and KJ Wright were both blatantly held on the edge to secure a 19 yard QB scramble and a 20+ yard RB scramble to the outside, yet no call. Even thought Wright was blatantly held and then tackled and the result of the play was due exactly to that hold. In plain view on the outside edge right in front of an official.

Mike Carry has a known reputation for screwing over the Seahawks, even at the clink. I have been having discussions about him since last year and it is no coincidence that this game went down exactly like it did.

I really hope Pete forces an investigation into Carry's officiating. It would be blatantly easy to make a case if they went back and did a review of the games he has called against us.

If you haven't figured it out yet, pay attention to any game he calls for (AGAINST) us. You will get to know him very well. I go through anxiety attacks watching the games he calls because it is so blatantly bias that there is absolutely no way he cannot have something against the Seahawks. It completely destroys the integrity of the game.

The good news is we didn't just beat the Bears, we beat the officials too.

Completely sickening that this is the story after a huge road.

rewatched he game and saw those holds. They were blatant and right in front of the referee. The refs were directly responsible for us losing that game.

MOCHawk

Reaction score
Same crew that screwed Leon out of a touchdown (and subsequently the Seahawks out of a win) with a phantom block in the back call last year in Cleveland.

OP
OP
Pstark3

Pstark3

Reaction score
MOCHawk":16r0rtkk said:
Same crew that screwed Leon out of a touchdown (and subsequently the Seahawks out of a win) with a phantom block in the back call last year in Cleveland.
Unreal

hoxrox

Reaction score
Wanted to throw my beer at the TV today. Carrey sucks. Good thing we came out with the win or I'd still be pissed.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
And here i thought it was just me that felt like the officials had a stake in this game.....

BlueTalon

Reaction score
jewhawk":1v6zgugh said:
Also, while I agree that the officiating was horrible and one-sided all game today, it is not rigged. Put the tinfoil hats away; there's no conspiracy to rig games for certain teams. Hanlon's razor.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.*

From that same article:

Hanlon's Razor might be a corruption of "Heinlein's Razor". "Heinlein's Razor" has since been defined as variations on Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.

*BlueTalon's corollary: People are idiots.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
knownone":2r4an9js said:
Offensive players can't advance fumbles, the second Russell possess the ball the play ends.

It was the right call.

RGIII fumbled tonight into the hands of his own teammate, who then advanced it into the endzone for a touchdown.