Mike Carey since 2008

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
The one game the Seahawks did win with Carey's crew officiating was PC's first game as HC. It was at home against SF and we worked them pretty hard that day. Something like 31-14.

Seaswab

Reaction score
sturg78":3hd3qel3 said:
It isn't obvious and if you think so your not paying attention to every other game he has reffed. Your paying attention with team bias, he called a bad game so he must hate us. Even if he has some bias subconsciously and that makes him not throw flags on our opponents, he has a whole crew that could have called something on the other team. It was poorly called, and we have shit luck, but we are not the only ones in the league with that kind of luck.

Also, your definition of obvious bothers me. You may have some points, but that doesn't make it obvious. Obvious would be Carey leaving his mic on while telling another ref to screw us over, having an anti-Seahawks website, or running up to cause a fumble himself. An unfortunate trend is speculation.

I'm sorry that the term obvious bothers you but it's obvious. Don't give me this he's just a bad ref. basically you are saying he is a bad ref and all his calls just happen to go against the hawks the last 5 years. Bs

sturg78

Reaction score
If it was obvious, I think someone other than us would have noticed it and he wouldn't be officiating the games for us and probably anyone else. I am not saying it isn't possible he would risk losing a cushy position by calling the game one sided against us, as stupid as a career decision as it may be, I am just saying I don't buy it. Stats can be misleading. Those one sided results show our "obvious" decision to play dirty against the other team.

There is a chance that we did commit some stupid mistakes (we were one of the highest penalized team over the last few years) and got caught and there is just as good a chance that the unfortunate bad calls (which happen to every team) came at horribly unfortunate moments such as Leon's return. So yeah, I am calling him a bad ref. An unbiased and terrible example of the NFLs need to go full time with the suckers and take as much influence out of their hands as possible.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1pks82sb said:
If it were simply him calling a bad game, then like the replacement refs, you'd see bad calls going both ways. In 8 games with Seattle, all the bad calls have gone ONE way - against Seattle. That's not bad officiating, that's BIAS.

Prove it......... :|

EDIT: And by prove it, I mean provide at least 3 instances you can find "bias" in Carey's officiating.

I get that he sucks. I agree with that. Didn't like the punt call. I don't think he's biased against the Hawks though.....

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
hawksfan515":2wvtoit5 said:
SalishHawkFan":2wvtoit5 said:
If it were simply him calling a bad game, then like the replacement refs, you'd see bad calls going both ways. In 8 games with Seattle, all the bad calls have gone ONE way - against Seattle. That's not bad officiating, that's BIAS.

Prove it......... :|

EDIT: And by prove it, I mean provide at least 3 instances you can find "bias" in Carey's officiating.

I get that he sucks. I agree with that. Didn't like the punt call. I don't think he's biased against the Hawks though.....

Prove oxygen exists. Prove the moon isn't made out of cheese. Prove you love your mom.

There's plenty of evidence presented in this thread. Doubt anybody could "prove it" whether it's true or not. You don't have to believe it if you don't want to.

sturg78

Reaction score
You can prove Oxygen exists, the moon isn't made of cheese, and that you "love" your mom.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
sturg78":1jdummnt said:
You can prove Oxygen exists, the moon isn't made of cheese, and that you "love" your mom.

lol.

I just don't see enough evidence though. People claiming bias are over the top..... And people telling me to leave the thread, all I'm doing is voicing my opinion, as are the people going "That's not bad officiating, that's BIAS".

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
sturg78":2kw9u75m said:

Somebody can. You can't. Neither can 515. And sometimes you can't prove if somebody is judging something with a bias even if they are.

sturg78

Reaction score
I can, but I get your point. I still can say that it is more likely that there is oxygen then magic flys that makes us breathe good. I think it is more likely he is unbiased and less likely he would risk everything to ruin our games.

* edited to make more relevant.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Great info man. That's quite the pattern over the past 7 games with all of the personal fouls called against us and almost zero called against opposition...

All speculative bias aside, if the man sucks officiating 7-8 out of 10 games he should not longer be one of the two senior refs of the league.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":237y0qqu said:
Great info man. That's quite the pattern over the past 7 games with all of the personal fouls called against us and almost zero called against opposition...

All speculative bias aside, if the man sucks officiating 7-8 out of 10 games he should not longer be one of the two senior refs of the league.

Yeah kick him out or something. Or maybe it's his crew that sucks, somethings wrong there.

Oddly enough voted in 2008 as one of the best officials, tied with Ed Hochuli for first. I think that's back when he was a back judge though.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
hawksfan515":1paenxet said:
JGfromtheNW":1paenxet said:

Yeah kick him out or something. Or maybe it's his crew that sucks, somethings wrong there.

Oddly enough voted in 2008 as one of the best officials, tied with Ed Hochuli for first. I think that's back when he was a back judge though.

Or before he started getting paid to be biased.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2yv9oa9u said:
sturg78":2yv9oa9u said:

lol.

I just don't see enough evidence though. People claiming bias are over the top..... And people telling me to leave the thread, all I'm doing is voicing my opinion, as are the people going "That's not bad officiating, that's BIAS".

Telling someone that presents some info to "quit whining" isn't exactly simply voicing your opinion. The OP actually brought something to the table, and you have yet to provide anything more than shoving your opinion down others throat and then getting butthurt when they call you on it.

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2ismadrj said:
hawkfan333":2ismadrj said:
hawksfan515":2ismadrj said:
Stop whining. We commit tons of penalties. I agreed with (mainly) all of them. All refs make bad calls, and we won the game. I'll take it.
if you agreed with nearly all those penalties then you no absolutely nothing about football

I'm tired of all you guys whining about refs. Everyone has problems with refs. Maybe if we lost it would be alright, but we pulled out the win, and this guy is trying to say Mike Carey is biased against us? yeah right... He just made a couple bad calls. happens.

Dude how many people need to say that they are not whining before it is known?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1atkq6il said:
The OP was trying to claim bias, and I don't think carey's biased. Plain and simple. Maybe he just sucks, like some people think, (not gonna argue that point, don't think he's that good) but I don't think he's biased.
Maybe he is biased, and maybe he isn't -- but his officiating yesterday certainly was.

Your point about all refs making bad calls misses the point. We know refs make bad calls. Even in the Super Bowl, I doubt people would have had a problem with bad calls if they hadn't uniformly been against one team in particular. THAT was the problem yesterday. The Bears got the benefit of all close or questionable calls.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Overturning the Braylon TD was the main thing that stood out to me. There was ZERO clear evidence to overturn that call. Absolutely ZERO!

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
FargoHawk":8zo8xmbm said:
Overturning the Braylon TD was the main thing that stood out to me. There was ZERO clear evidence to overturn that call. Absolutely ZERO!

Exactly. It was his opinion that the ball hit the ground first and that's exactly how that process is not supposed to work.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":ehzdxay1 said:
hawksfan515":ehzdxay1 said:
sturg78":ehzdxay1 said:

lol.

Telling someone that presents some info to "quit whining" isn't exactly simply voicing your opinion. The OP actually brought something to the table, and you have yet to provide anything more than shoving your opinion down others throat and then getting butthurt when they call you on it.

well the only point I was trying to make was that I didn't think there was enough evidence, my bad if I acted totally butthurt and whiny I guess :|

There was just a bit of stuff he missed. Personal fouls aren't the do all end all, we got those called on us for a good reason. We were a pretty stupid team earlier, extremely aggressive.

I guess there is a chance Carey could be biased. My opinion though, is that he's just a subpar ref who needs to be replaced, as he seems to badly referee other games that are not seahawk games.

And Kitsap, I guess I did say people where whining a bit too much, my bad there too. Only meant to say it once. People seem to have stopped mainly......

ivotuk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":25cspjwn said:
Stop whining. We commit tons of penalties. I agreed with (mainly) all of them. All refs make bad calls, and we won the game. I'll take it.

Dude, stop baiting people. Just because you are in a bad mood it doesn't mean you need to come on here and purposefully piss people off by calling them whiners. It's obvious he was doing no such thing but you couldn't wait to throw that out there and start pissing people off.

Absolutely unneccessary and creates a negative atmosphere on here. Are you counting how many responses you've elicited?