Where are they now, Seahawks Superbowl edition.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Watching Monday Night football just watched Sean Locklear get carted off the field on a pretty bad looking leg injury. Made me start to think about that 2005 team and wonder where all those guys are today and what they're doing.

The only 2 still on the Seahawks of course are Leroy Hill and Marcus Trufant (wouldnt surprise me if next year we have no more connections to that team on our roster... its amazing how fast the NFL turns over.)

I know several are still scattered around the league: Hasselbeck, Locklear, Babineaux, Hutchinson, etc, etc.

I'm just curious if anybody knows what some of the other guys are doing these days. Its wierd how these guys are so loved by the fans and so in teh spotlight, then as soon as they're gone, they're GONE.

I believe Bobby Engram is an assistant coach on the 49ers, or was at one point. Mack Strong is still around the Seahawks. And we know Jerramy Stevens is beating up Hope Solo.

Really curious what the guys are doing these days... like Alexander, DJack, Wistrom, Jurevicious, Hamlin, Manuel, Tobeck etc, etc.

Twisted

Reaction score
hmm, hard to say, bet they are ALL watching the Hawks play ball though... :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
What happened to Jurevicious after he left Seattle? I know he went to Cleveland for family reasons but then it seems like we never heard from him anymore. Did he retire to be wtih his family? Suffer injuries? Just get cut? He still seemed like he was relatively young and should have had a lot of football left in front of him when he left.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Engram is the WRs coach @ Pitt.
Joe J had to deal with that damn staph infection epedemic in Cleveland and I believe he is in on the lawsuit with Lecharles Bentley, maybe Kellen Winslow against the Browns.

Marquand Manuel is a coach with the Seahawks.

drdiags

Reaction score
Will Heller is in Detroit last I heard. Not sure if Maurice Morris is still on their roster. Hamlin is selling some type of apparel. He was in Seattle on his west coast tour and stopped by to talk to Softy, drumming up support for his business this summer.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
How about my boy Leonard Weaver? I really wish he would have worked out for us. Not to take anything from Michael Robinson who is a fantastic leader, but I thought Weaver had something special and although I believe he got injured in Phily, I was pissed off when the Seahawks let him go.

bellingerga

Reaction score
I really liked Andre Dyson and Bryce Fisher too, they're both out of the league now though too I think. Oh yeah and Chartric Darby (shrek)

razgriz737

Reaction score
Aros":ttphb4xm said:
How about my boy Leonard Weaver? I really wish he would have worked out for us. Not to take anything from Michael Robinson who is a fantastic leader, but I thought Weaver had something special and although I believe he got injured in Phily, I was pissed off when the Seahawks let him go.
Yeah, I LOVE MRob, but I thought letting Weaver go was so stupid at the time.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Some of those guys really did disappear. I always liked Hackett, and I have no idea what happened to him.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Aros":2qci7kyx said:

What was so good about Weaver?

And I actually don't know. Just heard nice things about him. Seems to me he was just a good RB option who played FB?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He displayed impressive speed for his size at FB. He had a nose for the endzone as well. Just seemed to make plays whenever he had the ball in his hands. Had a WICKED stiff arm. Really cool guy and great interview as well. Reminded me of a potential John L. Williams reborn.

I'm sure there are YouTube clips of some of his awesome plays.

4.d.jpg

leonard-weaver-Seahawks.jpg

leonard-weaver-dive.jpg

leonard-weaver-run2.jpg

leonard-weaver-run-1.jpg

BlueTalon

Reaction score
hawksfan515":39q1fzzt said:
What was so good about Weaver?
Weaver gave the single best stiff-arm I have ever seen in a SNF game against the Texans in 2005. I rank it ahead of the Beastquake stiff-arm.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Weaver was a tweener. Small for the traditional fullback around 220's. good speed and power. Not a moves guy and ran upright. Very solid blocker.

kobebryant

Reaction score
JSeahawks":inwr0tig said:
kobebryant":inwr0tig said:
Marquand Manuel is a coach with the Seahawks.

Is he really? I had no idea. He assistant DB's coach or something?

Yeah, bud. Assistant special teams. If you start watching for him you'll see him occasionally.

It is pretty neat what the Hawks are doing with some guys that played really recently. Kris Richard (DBs), Kenechi Udeze (asst dline) and even Dan Morgan (ex-Panthers) is a regional scout. They also gave Jeff Ulbrich (longtime 49er) his first job and now I believe he is LBers/Special teams @ UCLA.

In any other profession Pete's constantly surrounding himself with young men would be creepy, here its just giving guys opportunities.

Also, Craig Terrill is pretty good/funny on the radio.