Seahawk Stock Market: Who's Trending Up/Down

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
I don't think it needs to be said but....................pass rushers are streaky.

Irvin needs to round out his game so he can be an every down player, but his pass rush ability isn't going anywhere.

Here's a real easy trending up: Okung.

kearly

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2o05ryxn said:
thehands816":2o05ryxn said:
Bruce Irvin a bust? In his rookie season? Chris Clemons has 8 sacks, Bruce has 7, which LEADS THE NFL among rookies! Next closest is Chandler Jones with 6 and all others have no more than 3! How exactly is he a bust?!

Too many of those sacks came in the first half of the year. Offenses have figured him out.

Where's the sarcasm sign?

Irvin was pretty much the only guy even coming close to getting pressure in the Chicago game. I think you've fallen into the trap of judging pass rush by sacks. He may not be Aldon Smith, but he's not the kind of guy teams can figure out. Either your RT has the athleticism to contain him, or they don't. And even when they do, Irvin has generated pressures basically as much or more than Clemons has. If I'm blaming anyone on this pass rush, it's Clemons who's sacks are on par with the norm but who's pressures have dropped off this year.

Remember too that a developmental freak athlete like Irvin is only going to get better, not worse. Usually those types of players do not start fast like Irvin has.

kearly

Reaction score
For what it's worth, Wagner has actually impressed me in recent weeks. Rather than a liability, he's looked like a difference maker. He should have had two picks in the Miami game, and his number seems pop up in plays more than anyone else. He's had some nice TFL's too. I haven't seen him get blocked out too badly- if anything he's improved on that area which was a minor weakness in college.

Trending up:

Russell Wilson: This is both obvious and old news.

O-line: I just don't understand the hate for the O-line: it's BY FAR the best unit since Steve Hutchinson left. They currently rank 6th in run blocking and 18th in pass protection (per FO). Moffitt and Giacomini specifically have shown marked improvement in the last month or so. Okung and Unger are having a pro-bowl level seasons. McQuistan and Carpenter are mixed but solid overall. This line has good depth too.

WRs: Sidney Rice is playing every bit as well as he did when he had 1300 yards receiving in 2009 (he's averaging 1 TD per 6 catches this year, which is really, really good and far better than his TD efficiency in 2009). Golden Tate continues to get better and is turning into a legit #2 WR. Doug Baldwin is dependable and Edwards is a very good #4. This group is making plays to win games, and has seemingly gotten better every game this season.

Jon Ryan:
This might be Ryan's best season yet. The last time he had a touchback feels like ages ago.

Trending down:

Seahawks.net: It's been way too reactionary this season. This will likely be a playoff season with a winning record. Try to enjoy it. I don't even want to post here after losses, and I've noticed several prominent posters don't even do the service of showing up because as bad as the loss is, reading some of the post loss threads on .net is even worse.

D-line: I'm honestly not sure who to blame. Clemons is getting fewer pressures, but his sacks are on pace for double digits, so it's hard to complain. Irvin has been more consistent than people think, even if his sacks have dried up lately. Branch has looked good when I've watched him. Mebane can be dominant at times. Jason Jones has done a good job. I've never understood Red Bryant's role/value very well and still don't. And yet this line has really struggled in the last few games against both the pass and run. I blame Pete a little for this- he's relying too much on base pressure. This group can't get pressure with a 4 man rush unless they are playing at home where speed helps them a lot more.

Secondary: This secondary is not built for zone coverage- but for whatever reason Carroll has gone zone heavy in recent weeks and the results have been pretty terrible. Doing it on the road against good QBs probably wasn't smart timing either.

onanygivensunday":3le7xd4x said:
Trending down: .NET forum members

Haha owned. :lol:

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3bfy59ej said:
In fairness to Wagner, a lot of OC's target him specifically for two reasons that have nothing to do with his potential: a) because he's a rookie, b) because Browner and Sherman are shutting down everything on the outside. Those two factors have made it tough on him.

In fairness to Irvin, tackles target him specifically. Talk about a double standard for these two rookies. Why does Wagner warrant an excuse but not Irvin?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
XxxZagnutxxX":37tv4yte said:
MontanaHawk05":37tv4yte said:
In fairness to Wagner, a lot of OC's target him specifically for two reasons that have nothing to do with his potential: a) because he's a rookie, b) because Browner and Sherman are shutting down everything on the outside. Those two factors have made it tough on him.

In fairness to Irvin, tackles target him specifically. Talk about a double standard for these two rookies. Why does Wagner warrant an excuse but not Irvin?

Because Irvin was a higher pick, much more controversial, and much more crucial to the success of the defense.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Milhawkee":1nwuc6ho said:
Trending down (although he was pretty low to begin): Bruce Irvin. Mentioned once today because he had a penalty called against him. When can we start calling him a bust?

Oh ffs. Why are people so obsessed with labelling people a 'bust?'

SeaTown81

Reaction score
kearly":27nm79os said:
Trending down:

Seahawks.net: It's been way too reactionary this season. This will likely be a playoff season with a winning record. Try to enjoy it. I don't even want to post here after losses, and I've noticed several prominent posters don't even do the service of showing up because as bad as the loss is, reading some of the post loss threads on .net is even worse.

:13: ;)

AVL

Reaction score
SeaTown81":7anisep9 said:
kearly":7anisep9 said:
Trending down:

:13: ;)

I use to travel some to ride roller coasters. Now I just come here. Thanks for the ride, everyone!

Latest posts