Wagering (legally , but of course) on the Hawks

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Does anybody here have any money at stake from futures bets? Like bets from this summer to win the NFC West or the Regular season wins or the NFC Championship or the Super Bowl? Or maybe even individual player props? What's at stake and how are they looking?
    'The bevell is in the details.' -BFS
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter

• I heard Largent80 put 1000 bucks down on the Hawks to win something. Saw it somewhere on this board.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• I put 390 down to win 300 on them winning more than 7.5 games. Also 50 to win 200 for the NFC West title, at least there's still hope.

I also had WAS at over 6.5 games and ATL to win over 9 which has already hit.

I'm a degenerate. The Seahawks have done pretty well for me this year though. And Harbaugh not taking that safety saved me like 200 bucks.
    Danger Zone
    Archer
    NET Rookie

• Tech Worlds wrote:I heard Largent80 put 1000 bucks down on the Hawks to win something. Saw it somewhere on this board.

I put $1000 on the Hawks to win the SB. Still have a chance, so I guess it is looking good? I don't have my betting slip in front of me, and haven't looked at in a bit, but I believe the odds were 30:1 or somewhere near that.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

• Tech Worlds wrote:I heard Largent80 put 1000 bucks down on the Hawks to win something. Saw it somewhere on this board.

^Okay, well I don't know if maybe you are part of his schtick or however you spell it but I'm not talking about Monopoly money. He claimed he got 16-1 odds on Seattle winning 8games and anybody who knows anything about gambling knows it doesn't work like that. 16Grand! yeah, right!! I'm asking for honesty from degenerate gamblers-not dishonesty from plain old degenerates. LOL.
    Last edited by jamsomatic on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter

• HawksFTW wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:I heard Largent80 put 1000 bucks down on the Hawks to win something. Saw it somewhere on this board.

I put $1000 on the Hawks to win the SB. Still have a chance, so I guess it is looking good? I don't have my betting slip in front of me, and haven't looked at in a bit, but I believe the odds were 30:1 or somewhere near that.

Wow! If the Hawks win the Superbowl you could buy a whole new trailer!
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• HawksFTW wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:I heard Largent80 put 1000 bucks down on the Hawks to win something. Saw it somewhere on this board.

Nice!! Although your odds were probably better than that. The Seahawks are CURRENTLY 33-1 to win the SB.

I got them at 79-1 in March for the Super Bowl and 36 to 1 to win NFC also in March.
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter

• jamsomatic wrote:
    HawksFTW wrote:

Nice!! Although your odds were probably better than that. The Seahawks are CURRENTLY 33-1 to win the SB.

I got them at 79-1 in March for the Super Bowl and 36 to 1 to win NFC also in March.

This was right before the preseason started, and like I said I haven't looked at it but once or twice since then. I don't think it is significantly more than 30. I will look at it when I get home.

Tech Worlds wrote:
    Wow! If the Hawks win the Superbowl you could buy a whole new trailer!

Are you implying I currently live in a trailer? Ha. Anyway, I promised I would by my oldest son a new car with the money, since he was the inspiration for the bet.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

• I win a few grand if we get one more victory for over/under on total wins.

And my division bets are still alive

But the one I missed out on was Seattle TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS at +270. Loved the bet but had no more money to invest! LOL!! Oh, we'll. perspective and fun and enjoy the wins when they come right?
    Last edited by jamsomatic on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter

• I was in Vegas all weekend and put $200 on the Hawks Saturday night. Got back $565 on that one, and I put 1 large on the "Over" in the pre season. In other words Vegas set the line at 7.5 wins. Since it is impossible to get a half win, all I need to cash is 1 more Hawk win and at 16 to 1 odds. So, if the Hawks win 1 more game, I win $16,000 smackeroonies. I thought this was the easiest bet I have ever made, and I wish I would have went with a much larger amount.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Largent80 wrote:I was in Vegas all weekend and put $200 on the Hawks Saturday night. Got back $565 on that one, and I put 1 large on the "Over" in the pre season. In other words Vegas set the line at 7.5 wins. Since it is impossible to get a half win, all I need to cash is 1 more Hawk win and at 16 to 1 odds. So, if the Hawks win 1 more game, I win $16,000 smackeroonies. I thought this was the easiest bet I have ever made, and I wish I would have went with a much larger amount.

Sorry. Just had to capture this. Meanwhile: :roll:
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter

• Put $25 on Seattle to win the SB in July.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Largent80 wrote:I was in Vegas all weekend and put $200 on the Hawks Saturday night. Got back $565 on that one, and I put 1 large on the "Over" in the pre season. In other words Vegas set the line at 7.5 wins. Since it is impossible to get a half win, all I need to cash is 1 more Hawk win and at 16 to 1 odds. So, if the Hawks win 1 more game, I win $16,000 smackeroonies. I thought this was the easiest bet I have ever made, and I wish I would have went with a much larger amount.

There's no way you got 16 to 1 odds on an over/under win total bet. Are you sure you're reading the ticket right? Does it say +160?
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Hasselbeck wrote:
    There's no way you got 16 to 1 odds on an over/under win total bet. Are you sure you're reading the ticket right? Does it say +160?

Odds weren't even that good. Sure hope he hasn't already spent that "16 grand"! LOL
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter

• HawksFTW wrote:

30:1? They were at 50:1 at the beginning of the season.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• I was in Vegas over Thanksgiving and the Tropicana had the Seahawks to win the SB at 18 to 1. I imagine the other places were similar.
    Mandu
    NET Starter

• Mandu wrote:I was in Vegas over Thanksgiving and the Tropicana had the Seahawks to win the SB at 18 to 1. I imagine the other places were similar.

Did you invest?
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter

• Well, whatever you want to think/believe....I bet 1,000 on the Hawks to win 8 games and I am cashing a big assed ticket.

Have fun, I know I am.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• jamsomatic wrote:
    Mandu wrote:I was in Vegas over Thanksgiving and the Tropicana had the Seahawks to win the SB at 18 to 1. I imagine the other places were similar.

Did you invest?

I was about to put down $200 on them and got cold feet. Oh me of little faith. I did win several hundred betting on the Skins and the Texans. Lost a couple of hundred betting on the Jets to beat NE. That was an idiot bet.
    Mandu
    NET Starter

• So I'll be in Vegas this weekend, once again, for Pacquiao fight weekend. I wanted to wager some money on the Hawks but do I have to be in Vegas to collect? I'm leaving Sunday morning to catch the game vs the Cards
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• rideaducati wrote:
    HawksFTW wrote:

30:1? They were at 50:1 at the beginning of the season.

Just found my slip. 30:1 odds, placed at the Monte Carlo on April 21st, 2012. Not sure if you can look up what the odds were at that time, but believe me I WISH they were 50:1.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

• You can mail it in, but if you were to win big, I personally wouldn't take any chances. I'd just go there and collect.
    Mandu
    NET Starter

• I put $100 on Seattle in June to win both the NFC and Super Bowl at Caesars. I got them at 18-1 to win the NFC and 30-1 to win the Super Bowl.
    PhillySeahawk
    NET Rookie

• Largent80 wrote:Well, whatever you want to think/believe....I bet 1,000 on the Hawks to win 8 games and I am cashing a big assed ticket.

Have fun, I know I am.

You're going to be disappointed if you think you're getting 16k back from that bet.
    PhillySeahawk
    NET Rookie

• -The Glove- wrote:So I'll be in Vegas this weekend, once again, for Pacquiao fight weekend. I wanted to wager some money on the Hawks but do I have to be in Vegas to collect? I'm leaving Sunday morning to catch the game vs the Cards

No just mail your ticket certified mail...
    TLD0550
    NET Starter

• I've got the hawks to win the sb at 40:1 for a $20. I was moving and broke. I usually put $100 on them, but...
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

• PhillySeahawk wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Well, whatever you want to think/believe....I bet 1,000 on the Hawks to win 8 games and I am cashing a big assed ticket.

Have fun, I know I am.

You're going to be disappointed if you think you're getting 16k back from that bet.

Once again...I am CASHING again, and whatever I get will be better than what you get, which more than likely is ZERO.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• His point is: over/under bets don't have odds like that. As in 16:1. They're usually a +/- type of bet. You are definitely gonna make a profit; but not 16:1. 16:1 on 7.5 wins would bankrupt wherever you got the bet from. Check the ticket and tell us what the actual bet is, I'm honestly curious, cause if you did get 16:1 on the over I want to know where!

-SH
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran

• I was the first better of the year at Atlantis (Bahamas) for this years SB 2 days after last years bowl. I got the Hawks at 75-1 hoping we would get Manning. Still got a chance.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• TLD0550 wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:So I'll be in Vegas this weekend, once again, for Pacquiao fight weekend. I wanted to wager some money on the Hawks but do I have to be in Vegas to collect? I'm leaving Sunday morning to catch the game vs the Cards

No just mail your ticket certified mail...

Cool thanks
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• jamsomatic wrote:Does anybody here have any money at stake from futures bets? Like bets from this summer to win the NFC West or the Regular season wins or the NFC Championship or the Super Bowl? Or maybe even individual player props? What's at stake and how are they looking?

that loss to miami put Hawks at 50-1 to win the superbowl

lol, Hawks still have a shot at winning the division, I love it

oh, niners are still like 7-1 to win...
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• Largent80 wrote:Well, whatever you want to think/believe....I bet 1,000 on the Hawks to win 8 games and I am cashing a big assed ticket.

Have fun, I know I am.

We're not trying to be a-holes, I just don't think you completely understand the bet you made. You're definitely going to win it .. barring a massive disaster to end the season.. but you're not getting 16:1 odds on a win total bet. It might be +160, meaning for every $100 you bet you win $160. Or it might be -160, which means you have to bet $160 to win $100.

So yes. Congrats on the winning bet, but methinks you're getting a MAX of $2600 (your $1000 back plus the $1600 if it's +160) and more than likely $1625 back, if it was -160 as I assume it probably was since Seattle was favored to win 8+ this year.

This betting message board thread says UNDER 6.5 wins paid +155 .. so yeah..
    http://www.beyondthebets.com/forum/thre ... s-for-2012
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Hasselbeck wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Well, whatever you want to think/believe....I bet 1,000 on the Hawks to win 8 games and I am cashing a big assed ticket.

Have fun, I know I am.

We're not trying to be a-holes, I just don't think you completely understand the bet you made. You're definitely going to win it .. barring a massive disaster to end the season.. but you're not getting 16:1 odds on a win total bet. It might be +160, meaning for every $100 you bet you win $160. Or it might be -160, which means you have to bet $160 to win $100.

So yes. Congrats on the winning bet, but methinks you're getting a MAX of $2600 (your $1000 back plus the $1600 if it's +160) and more than likely $1625 back, if it was -160 as I assume it probably was since Seattle was favored to win 8+ this year.

This betting message board thread says UNDER 6.5 wins paid +155 .. so yeah..
    http://www.beyondthebets.com/forum/thre ... s-for-2012

It's not even plus 160. Never was. Not even close.
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter

• Glad you are so concerned about what I am winning, when you all could have done the same thing.

As Charlie Sheen says WINNING, and that's me. What about YOU?

I also cashed a winning ticket on Sundays game while I was in Vegas. I put down $200 and my ticket paid $565. I guess since all you experts at guessing what winners get paid want proof?.....

Well. kiss my ass and grow a set and make your own bets. :lol:

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Largent80 wrote:Glad you are so concerned about what I am winning, when you all could have done the same thing.

As Charlie Sheen says WINNING, and that's me. What about YOU?

When you make outlandish and uninformed claims they are sure to be rebuked. its nothing personal. We gamblers just dont like it when pretenders give us a bad name. LOL.
    Post a picture of this "$16,000 ticket". That would clear everything up.
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter

• how about you grow a set of nuts and wager something when it counts instead of trying to piss on a parade.

I think I'll have a winners drink now......buh bye mr. expert wagerer...hahhahaha

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• someone done been called out.
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

• Is that bet still available Largent? I'll be flying.in on Friday. I'm putting money down if so
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Largent is clearly joking. There's no way he can actually believe he got 16:1 odds on that.
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

• Yo Rob! Can I get a loan buddy?

Bronto up!
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information