17 takeaways in 12 games?

sc85sis

Reaction score
Um, I don't really care whether you call it ST or D -- or Defensive ST. It was a terrific play by Malcolm Smith and Jeron Johnson.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
HawksFTW":1wgqegs5 said:
ensett":1wgqegs5 said:
if a QB was the holder and threw a TD, itd be a special teams TD, yeah. Same way Leon returning a kick for a TD isnt an offensive TD

Well, isn't this interesting. From page four of the NFL rulebook:

Whenever a team is in possession of the ball, it is the offense, and at such time its opponent is the defense.

These are the only two designations specifically laid out in the NFL rulebook. So technically, a kick return is an offensive TD.
Who cares.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Earl Thomas has dropped at least eight interceptions by his own count. That accounts for a lot of it.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3vl4c75n said:
Earl Thomas has dropped at least eight interceptions by his own count. That accounts for a lot of it.

Yep, a few of them would have been amazing interceptions, but some were just routine grabs. Turnovers a fluky stat, and sustaining them with any consistency is very difficult for even the best teams. The good thing is, we have had some very timely turn overs this year, which to me is more important. The quality of the turnover (field position, score of the game, timing, etc) is a bigger deal that quantity. I think a big part of it, is the lack of consistent pressure; the more pressure, the more turnovers.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Omg people. Special teams players were on the field, a punt return is a special teams play, it smells like a duck so it's a special teams play. Stop it.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Interceptions
2012:
Sherman 4
Browner 3
ET 2
Wagner 1

2011:
Browner 6
Sherman 4
Chancellor 4
Hawthorne 3
ET 2
Red Bryant 2
Trufant 1

Chancellor has DISAPPEARED this season. Browner has fallen off. Wagner is not causing the turnovers Hawthorne did. Bryant is playing injured. That's 8 TO's right there.

Forced Fumbles
Sherman 3
Browner 3
Robinson 2
Irvin, Clemons, Trufant, Wright and ET 1 each

Chancellor 3
Clemons 3
Smith 2
Robinson 2
bunches at 1

Again, Chancellor has DISAPPEARED. Clemons has dropped off a couple. Sherman and Browner are making up for it.

Kam Chancellor went from causing 7 TO's last year to ZERO this year.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Back on topic, I too am really surprised and dissapointed that we havnt generated more turnovers. Especially when that seemed to be a real strength even this preseason. It seems like when they come though, they come in bunches. Who knows, maybe we can get hot in that regard the last 4 weeks and into the playoffs.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I think a big part of it, besides the comlete disappearance of Kam Chancellor, is the QB's we've faced. Rodgers, Brady, etc. Those guys don't give up turnovers.

Latest posts