Tate this season

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Tate this season
Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:22 am
  • I have been reflecting on the dangerous duo that has become Tate and Wilson. This season he already has 6 td's which is twice as many as his previous 2 seasons and 390 yards which is 8 more than he had all last season. His crazy jump plays and heroic catches have turned him into one of my favorite players this season to watch. His season this year reminds me of our version (on a lesser scale) of Miles Austin. I really really am starting to like him! What excitement I have for this Sunday!
    SB 48 CHAMP HYPE BEAST
    beasthawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Tate this season
Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:48 am
  • He still does some things that drive me nuts, like trying to make a play when just falling forward would do just fine. But I love the guy, he's a circus play waiting to happen and everytime he makes one it almost always sparks the offense and they get rolling.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:29 am
  • He's our new Burleson, but without the injury history!
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:14 am
  • Throwdown wrote:He still does some things that drive me nuts, like trying to make a play when just falling forward would do just fine.

That defines every NFL player on every team that has the ball in his hands.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:58 am
  • I always hoped Tate would be good, but he had a real rocky start in the nfl.

He's really starting to live up to some of that potential though, and he's an exciting player. Glad to have him around now.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:05 am
  • Tate has quiet become a favorite player of mine this year. He's probably the most agile receiver we have, even more than rice. Rice is really a basketball player catching footballs. Tate is a straight up acrobat sometimes.

He's also shown he's effective in the blocking game when needed, despite being a "little guy" by NFL standards.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:31 am
  • Sure he scares you sometimes, but the guy flat out makes plays. We don't have a lot of true playmakers on this Offense. I love how the guy plays so hard, and obviously plays to win. He's not just a guy who goes thru the motions like a lot of NFL players seem to do.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:09 pm
  • Except Tate is a cool dude and Austin is a giant douche.
    Jake Hawks
    NET Starter

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:20 pm
  • I hate that he is finally becoming the guy we thought we drafted just in time to demand a huge payday and with what he has shown, there will be teams willing to throw big money at the potential he will become elite.

Hopefully he and his agent don't try and milk the cap dry and he stays in Seattle but I would be surprised if he see's a second contract here.

In other words, I wouldn't buy his jersey just yet.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:26 pm
  • im not gana lie, i liked this kid since day one....purely based on that fact that i think he has a badass name.

...same goes for sweezy
    AnchoviesofTerror
    NET Starter

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:47 pm
  • His end of the year highlight reel is going to be incredible.

and to top all of the above the most hideous throw I've ever seen lol

Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:50 pm
  • Golden Tate has become a playmaker...within the context of Pete Carroll's system. He now consistently delivers on the qualities that Pete Carroll drafted him for, whereas before he was pretty much a nonfactor. But he's not a game-changer. He doesn't add an extra dimension to our offense or open up opponents.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:24 pm
  • Glad he's finally having his breakout year. He impresses me more and more each week.

Sidenote: Should he have gotten a roughing the passer flag on his pass to Rice? Looks like he got drilled. Never noticed that before, haha.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:35 pm
  • I wondered that too, I mean he was throwing a pass. If it were the other way around, guaranteed the Hawks would have been flagged for it. Looking at the 1st pic, all I see is a guy with 2 feed down and the other guy with ZERO feet down. It's amazing how the media is still dwelling on that crap. Especially w/the fact that the prior drive was flat out GIVEN to the Packers on 2 horrible calls.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:41 pm
  • He was outside the pocket, fair game at that point.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:59 pm
  • I agree on the acrobat comments, after that GB catch" I knew he probably hard pressure to be elite this season if he had not been so good since the game it would make it awful hard to stick up for him, since that catch he has been a man with the "IT" factor, Theres something about the intangible gift of the "IT" factor, dude straight up makes crazy crazy catches where no one else would, Remember that catch he made in MI? The one where he should have fallen without the catch , LOVE HIM!
    SB 48 CHAMP HYPE BEAST
    beasthawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:59 pm
  • If I'm being honest (not always the case folks, so you'd better listen up LOL) the last couple years, Tate for me, has been.... meh.

This Season though, he has been night and day different.
    It just might be that he has started connecting the dots, and becoming a more complete player.

I used to pray to the Football gods that we'd discover a Receiver that throws everything he has ( guts nuts & eyeballs + tax) into makeing a play succeed, and Tate sure seems to be the kind of player that answers that description.
    Sure helps that he and Wilson seem to be working from the same play charts too.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:16 pm
  • BUMP
    SB 48 CHAMP HYPE BEAST
    beasthawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:19 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Golden Tate has become a playmaker...within the context of Pete Carroll's system. He now consistently delivers on the qualities that Pete Carroll drafted him for, whereas before he was pretty much a nonfactor. But he's not a game-changer. He doesn't add an extra dimension to our offense or open up opponents.

No offense but this comment looks pretty stupid after today's game, which is good.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:23 pm
  • He is really good at making a guy miss. I know they show his replays every game because the highlight announcer guy on nfl.com loves to bring up the GB catch, but its working out for us cause he is having so many baller plays this year.
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:23 pm
  • Tate isn't a guy like Marshall that will start to take a game over, but I disagree that he's not a game changer.

He makes a ton of big plays, and when this guy gets the ball in his hands, more often than not correlates to points for our offense.

Kinda like Baldwin was last year; he was going to get a 1st down, most of the time.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:24 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Golden Tate has become a playmaker...within the context of Pete Carroll's system. He now consistently delivers on the qualities that Pete Carroll drafted him for, whereas before he was pretty much a nonfactor. But he's not a game-changer. He doesn't add an extra dimension to our offense or open up opponents.

No offense but this comment looks pretty stupid after today's game, which is good.

Yep, bet he wishes he could un-post LOL
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:26 pm
  • IMO that comment looked stupid before this game...
    SB 48 CHAMP HYPE BEAST
    beasthawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:32 pm
  • Hawks46 wrote:Tate isn't a guy like Marshall that will start to take a game over, but I disagree that he's not a game changer.

He makes a ton of big plays, and when this guy gets the ball in his hands, more often than not correlates to points for our offense.

Kinda like Baldwin was last year; he was going to get a 1st down, most of the time.

Like Brandon Marshall took over the game today? LOL
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:52 pm
  • I'm really loving Tate this year.

*makes clutch catches
    *never gives up
    *really athletic
    *has good hands
    *is very strong for his size
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:46 pm
  • IMO Tate is a natural playmaker who just needed more confidence in Seattle. Having another great playmaker in Wilson is like a tuning fork on offense. Both guys feed off eachother and I feel Rice is getting in on it as well. Love this young group of playmakers.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:17 pm
  • if i remember correctly didnt he have 0 drops last year?
    AnchoviesofTerror
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:22 pm
  • told you guys for years now, just throw him the damn ball.
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:30 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Golden Tate has become a playmaker...within the context of Pete Carroll's system. He now consistently delivers on the qualities that Pete Carroll drafted him for, whereas before he was pretty much a nonfactor. But he's not a game-changer. He doesn't add an extra dimension to our offense or open up opponents.

It makes no sense after about...8 or 9 of our games. He makes things happen that shouldn't have. He's worked for just about every single one of his TDs.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:33 pm
  • Another thing I've noticed the past few games by Tate, less showboating after a play.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:39 pm
  • tater salad yummy yummy
    God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
    @TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.
    hawkcrazzed
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:01 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information