Are we guaranteed a playoff spot if we win 3 of the last 4.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • If we win 3 of the last 4 games there are only three teams that can have the same record as us,Dallas,Minnesota,Tampa.I know Dallas and Minnesota wouldn't get the nod because we beat them head to head,just wondering how it breaks down against Tampa?Right??
    Canhawks
    NET Rookie

• I think the first factor after head to head is conference record, and I think we will be in good shape if we beat AZ, SF and STL.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• We'd probably make. TB is a game back so even if we drop one we'd be tied. But really TB will have a tough time winning out. They have to play the Saints and Falcons on the road.

If we win 3 of 4 and lose to the 49ers we'd be 7-5 in conference (we have 3 conference games left they have 4). If the Bucs winout they'd be 7-5 in conference. So i'm not sure what would be the tiebreaker from that.

The good news is TB just has to lose 1 more game and it's probably over.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• If Seattle wins 3 out of 4 as long as the loss isn't to the Rams then they are ok. However, if Seattle loses to the rams and the bucs win out then the bucs jump us because of common opponents. Also if the Redskins win out then they would jump us if we went 3 out of 4 because of a better record in the conference. So as long as we don't lose to the Rams and we win 3 out of the next 4 games then the Hawks make the playoffs unless the Skins win out.
    setha880
    NET Bench Warmer

• Yea,I didn't consider the Skins,but they will loose tonight anyway.
    Canhawks
    NET Rookie

• Canhawks wrote:Yea,I didn't consider the Skins,but they will loose tonight anyway.

Go Giants
    (man I feel dirty saying that)
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Things are really getting interesting!
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

• It's nice to be realistically in these discussions at all! :th2thumbs:
    NET Veteran

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Canhawks wrote:Yea,I didn't consider the Skins,but they will loose tonight anyway.

Go Giants

I don't know, I still want to see us win out and take the number 2 seed, so screw the Giants :)

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• kidhawk wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Canhawks wrote:Yea,I didn't consider the Skins,but they will loose tonight anyway.

Go Giants

I don't know, I still want to see us win out and take the number 2 seed, so screw the Giants :)

I'm torn on this-- Like you say, you want to see the Redskins knocked down a peg and that would essentially eliminate them from contention. However if we want the #2 seed than G-men have to lose 2 more games and Seattle will have to winout. In that aspect you'd like to see the Redskins win.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• That playoff machine was fun. So many potential outcomes. Including the 9'ers not even making the playoffs.
    Harbaugh is a lunatic and he'll either die on the sideline while trying to challenge the coin toss, or get into a filthy divorce from the 49ers that will end up with him getting $27 million a year from Michigan to fist fight the entire state of Ohio.

-- Some Random 49er Fan
    Jiggy
    NET Veteran

• I just managed to make this scenario:

1st Seed Atlanta
    2nd Seed Seattle
    3rd Seed Washington
    4th Seed Minnesota
    5th Seed ST LOUIS (lol)
    6th Seed New Orleans

Anything can happen guys. Including the mathematical possibility of us getting #1 seed. Buckle up!
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

• you guys are forgetting something even more important, SF is playing a red hot Pats in NE 2 weeks from now and NE is playing for home field which will be huge in the AFC...

Hawks are playing the Cards, where? thats right, in the Clink, time for some solitary confinement for the birds, jail birds, I look for some serious jail time next week, all the Hawks really need IMO is that road win against the bills, if the Hawks secondary can keep it together and stop giving up those long passes Hawks should be OK against the Bills?

the match against the niners at the clink could have divisional title implications, Hawks wouldn't even need the cards to beat the niners last game if this scenario plays out as the Hawks have the Rams at home in da clink..

I like it the Pats are playing the niners in 2 weeks, they have a bone to pick with the NFC west

GO HAWKS!!!

GO FINS!!!
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• 3 would do it... but 2 may get us in as well
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

• also if my scenario were to play out, hawks win out and niners lose to Pats and the Hawks, theres a chance niners play Hawks in da Clink which would be way cool, that would also be the tie breaker for the season..

also Miami is not out of the wildcard race so they will be playing for keeps, if Pittsburgh and or the Dolts lose and they win out they can make it so I look for the Fins to be playing all out football!!!
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• zhawk wrote:3 would do it... but 2 may get us in as well

if hawks win out and the niners lose 2 more hawks win the division, 9ers play Miami at home, Pats away and Hawks away, very good possibility niners lose 2 more maybe even 3 if the Fins play for keeps, Fins have to win next Sunday for ANY chance at a wild card birth, Pats want home field and Hawks want the division!!!

I know who I'll be rooting for... :D

Brady gave the Hawks props on Sunday and so did Rogers so I'm back on the banwagons!!!!
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• Jiggy wrote:That playoff machine was fun. So many potential outcomes. Including the 9'ers not even making the playoffs.

I just got wood. :shock:
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• One real possibility to pay attention to is the Bears sliding completely out of the picture. They are currently 8-4 and have the Vikings and Packers on the road. I see the Vikes stepping up this Sunday (they play great at home) and the Packers finishing their sweep. That leaves them at best with 10 wins. We have that tie breaker.

I dont like the Bucs schedule going forward and the Cowboys and Redskins are too skittish.

For the Hawks, the game that worries me the most is the Rams. But I can see this team 11-5 as easy as 9-7. I think 10-6 and 11-5 we are in for sure, 9-7 is iffy but may be enough.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:10 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information