Prepare For It. You Know It's Coming.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Prepare For It. You Know It's Coming.
Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:35 am
  • Seahawks face the Packers in Green Bay in the playoffs.

After the national attention and media fiasco from the Hail Mary play, you know the Football Gods have already arranged for this event to happen.

I'd put money on it.

And right now, my money is on Russell Wilson.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: Prepare For It. You Know It's Coming.
Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:37 am
  • Oh man. As interesting of a matchup as that is, I'd rather not play a team that has EXTRA motivation to beat us. You know the Packers would be frothing at the mouth for that rematch.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:37 am
  • The 49ers are going to lose to the Patriots, we're going to win out and win the division. However, we might very well travel to Green Bay for round two of the play-offs. :D
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:39 am
  • You notice I never said Wild Card. ;)

And Sgt...I WANT the extra motivation. It will make it all the more sweeter when Wilson outplays Rodgers and the Packers in their house FAIR AND SQUARE.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:40 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Oh man. As interesting of a matchup as that is, I'd rather not play a team that has EXTRA motivation to beat us. You know the Packers would be frothing at the mouth for that rematch.

If there is not motivation to win a playoff game I would say the players not motivated should find a new career. You could also "spin" it as a hawk and say "look...the media thinks we are not worthy of that win"... I don't buy "EXTRA".
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:41 am
  • With how much better Wilson is, I bet we score a lot more than 14 points the second time around. I'd like to see it. I'd also like for it to end on another game winning drive for Wilson.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:42 am
  • And I want it to come down to a hal mary to Golden Tate in the end zone again. I'm twisted like that.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:42 am
  • Honestly, if we win the division, and win out the season, and Green Bay loses one game, we would have won our division, and we would jump over Green Bay in the playoff seeding due to our victory. This scenario would mean any game between us very well could be at CLINK.
    :les:

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:44 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:And I want it to come down to a hal mary to Golden Tate in the end zone again. I'm twisted like that.

Samesies. not even necessarily that, but some other equally 'controversial' final play resulting in a Seahawks win. Would be excellent.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:47 am
  • Nah, I don't want any controversy. None. I don't want the win tainted with a controversial call that the media and fans can latch on to as the only reason we won.

I want to beat them, straight up, no controversy. Just a good old fashion ass kicking.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:48 am
  • Aros wrote:I want to beat them, straight up, no controversy. Just a good old fashion ass kicking.

So just like the first game this season?
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:49 am
  • HawksFTW wrote:
    Aros wrote:I want to beat them, straight up, no controversy. Just a good old fashion ass kicking.

ISWYDT
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:50 am
  • HawksFTW wrote:
    Aros wrote:I want to beat them, straight up, no controversy. Just a good old fashion ass kicking.

Exactly! :th2thumbs:

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:05 am
  • I do not have good memories of the Seahawks playing the Packers in the playoffs.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:08 am
  • If Russell Wilson were here, he'd tell you all that we need to take things one game at a time...
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:12 am
  • CANHawk wrote:If Russell Wilson were here, he'd tell you all that we need to take things one game at a time...

He would then send each of us a lengthy PM, giving us tips on how to be better posters.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:15 am
  • HawksFTW wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:If Russell Wilson were here, he'd tell you all that we need to take things one game at a time...

He would then send each of us a lengthy PM, giving us tips on how to be better posters.

I'd read and apply them.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:16 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    HawksFTW wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:If Russell Wilson were here, he'd tell you all that we need to take things one game at a time...

I'd read and apply them.

I'd print and frame them after first reading and applying them.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:19 am
  • And Mike Carey would be officiating the game.......Man, I strongly dislike that guy!
    FargoHawk
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:20 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Oh man. As interesting of a matchup as that is, I'd rather not play a team that has EXTRA motivation to beat us. You know the Packers would be frothing at the mouth for that rematch.

I'd suggest the Hawks players would go into that game wanting to win more, because they have a legitimate reason to be pissed off with the reaction afterwards, people calling them cheats, wishing Tate would die and of course the whole "7-5*"

I guarantee every player is fired up for that game
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:25 am
  • Hell if the hawks win the NFC west, wont we play them here?
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:27 am
  • I'm more afraid of the refs, do you think they want to make a close call in lambeau in the playoffs in the hawks favor after the hail Mary got so much attention? They are probably still scratching there heads on how the bears lost.
    DrinkinTheLimerade
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:52 am
  • I'm 100000% behind the idea of playing the Packers....bring it on.

I've been annoyed (and even pissed off) by the Packer fans and media disregarding that game as some sort of officiating catastrophe. We earned that win, regardless of the Tate decision.

Now we are even better, and believe me I think OUR team will also have extra motivation to take it to the Packers. They have no reason to fear them, know they can beat them, HAVE beat them...hell, even straight abused them for one half.

I would think they want badly to remove that asterisk from the season as well with a 10+ point beating of the Packers, whether it's at home or away.
    Lieutenant Dan
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:31 pm
  • Playing the Packers in Lambeau in the Playoffs has been our bugaboo for years. Thus I cant think of a better team to beat on the road to get the run starting.

(Though I much prefer Chicago over them :lol: )
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:32 pm
  • Seeker wrote:Hell if the hawks win the NFC west, wont we play them here?

Not unless the Bears win the North.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Hasselbeck wrote:
    Seeker wrote:Hell if the hawks win the NFC west, wont we play them here?

You want to crown them then crown their asses!
    'The bevell is in the details.' -BFS
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter

• Lieutenant Dan wrote:I'm 100000% behind the idea of playing the Packers....bring it on.

I've been annoyed (and even pissed off) by the Packer fans and media disregarding that game as some sort of officiating catastrophe. We earned that win, regardless of the Tate decision.

Now we are even better, and believe me I think OUR team will also have extra motivation to take it to the Packers. They have no reason to fear them, know they can beat them, HAVE beat them...hell, even straight abused them for one half.

I would think they want badly to remove that asterisk from the season as well with a 10+ point beating of the Packers, whether it's at home or away.

Precisely what I'm thinking.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I want that game. I want these Seahawks to go into Lambeau and face that team, face those fans, and face the homer officiating calls that you KNOW will be coming, and come out of there with a win. I want to see the look on Discount Double-Choke's face when he realizes that this Seahawks team is good enough to go into his house and knock his team out of the playoffs and he doesn't have any questionable calls to blame for the loss.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Hasselbeck wrote:

This isn't true. We have beaten both the Bears and the Packers. If we win the division, and are tied with the winner of that division, we get seeded higher based on the fact that we beat them. They are each currently one game ahead of us and have to play each other.
    :les:

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I want the Seahawks to play in Lambeau, and have a 99-yard TD drive ending with a Hail Mary to Golden Tate in the end zone with M.D. Jennings (the DB who shared the ball with Tate at the end of our game) getting his hands on it first, and Tate stripping it from him in the air and having sole possession coming down to the ground with it.

Also, I want Packers fans there to see it clearly and CRY. I want their tears to flood that crappy stadium.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• FargoHawk wrote:And Mike Carey would be officiating the game.......Man, I strongly dislike that guy!

Nicest thing said about that shithead on these boards in the last 2 days. I admire your restraint Fargo.
    Last edited by hawksfansinceday1 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• I agree Aros. I think it's either going to be the Packers or the Bears. The Seahawks have beaten both thus far. So it should be an interesting match up either way. Of course, the media would prefer it to be the Packers.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• RolandDeschain wrote:The 49ers are going to lose to the Patriots, we're going to win out and win the division. However, we might very well travel to Green Bay for round two of the play-offs. :D

New England may not play their starters by then, they have already clinched the division I think, so it will not be one that we can count 49ers out in my opinion.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

• seahawks08 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:The 49ers are going to lose to the Patriots, we're going to win out and win the division. However, we might very well travel to Green Bay for round two of the play-offs. :D

New England may not play their starters by then, they have already clinched the division I think, so it will not be one that we can count 49ers out in my opinion.

I imagine there still gonna be working hard to improve their seeding. Three teams at 9-3, plus Houston at 11-1.

I just feel like Belichick and Harbaugh naturally hate each other a lot. Therefore the pats will play to win.
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

• FargoHawk wrote:And Mike Carey would be officiating the game.......Man, I strongly dislike that guy!

Why did you have to ruin our fantasy with that crap? :D
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

• kidhawk wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:

This isn't true. We have beaten both the Bears and the Packers. If we win the division, and are tied with the winner of that division, we get seeded higher based on the fact that we beat them. They are each currently one game ahead of us and have to play each other.

If we win the division, that would make us the #3 or #4 seed. I thought first round (#1 and #2 have byes) #3 and #4 are both home teams, playing the wild-card teams. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• You got it right. But the only thing that has any degree of certainty is that Atlanta will have the 1st seed. It's not likely, but we could end up with the 2nd seed.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• seahawks08 wrote:New England may not play their starters by then, they have already clinched the division I think, so it will not be one that we can count 49ers out in my opinion.

No way. The 49ers play the Patriots week after next, the Pats aren't resting starters with 3 games to go, at that point; not unless they clinch the 2nd seed, ensuring a bye. Which is impossible for them to do that week, I think.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• The only traveling that the Seahawks will be doing in the playoffs is possibly to Atlanta. The Seahawks will take the west and the #2 seed inthe NFC!
    SoCalSeahawk
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Based on the way he has treated the Seahawks....the feelings must be mutual!

That bastard is a pompous ass!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Mark me down as absolutely terrified by that matchup. I don't really go all-in on the conspiracy stuff, more that lopsided officiating comes from non-conscious psychological ticks and seeing what is expected to be seen. And the refs will want so badly (non-consciously, of course) to "right the wrong" that there will be almost no chance of a Seattle victory. I know what happened Sunday, but the post-season is a different animal.
    Q: “What is your thing?”
    A: “Lay back, kick back, mind my business, stay in my own lane.”
    VivaEfrenHerrera
    NET Veteran

• Dreading this too...Totally seeing the football gods set us up for Green Bay. And I am sure the NFL will have a few make up calls to hand out.
    hawkmanj
    NET Starter

• Aros wrote:Nah, I don't want any controversy. None. I don't want the win tainted with a controversial call that the media and fans can latch on to as the only reason we won.

I want to beat them, straight up, no controversy. Just a good old fashion ass kicking.

U mean like the last game minus the Tate grab
    TLD0550
    NET Starter

• Seahawks in Green Bay in January... hmmm.... Russell Wilson would be awfully touch to find in a snow storm.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Start saving your pennies, boys, and let's invade Lambow lol! One of the only places I have seen the Hawks play before. (they lost both times) But we can do it!! Who's coming with me?
    'The bevell is in the details.' -BFS
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter

• all I can say is, "we want the ball, and we're gonna score!"
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

• MY dream: Bears beat Green Bay. Pats beat SF. We win out.

Green Bay comes to Seattle.

:th2thumbs: :0190l:
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• FlyingGreg wrote:And I want it to come down to a hal mary to Golden Tate in the end zone again. I'm twisted like that.

If it would come down to a Hail Mary to a Packers WR in the endzone on the last play, that would be twisted.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

• I just want to see them playing in the playoffs.

If they play Green Bay, I would love for it to be in Lambeau. For those who thought Rodgers gave the Seahawks love need to go listen again to that sound bite. He stated there were few Seahawks fans in the locker room but they would take the win they put up over the Bears.

They would love to play this game again. I say give them what they want, they may wish they had not pulled for the chance.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Eric Davis on NFL AM ran through the NFC playoff picture and picked Seattle to go to Lambeau and beat the Packers then lose to the Falcons the following week. Of course he picked the whiners to go to the Super Bowl.
    run and shoot
    NET Practice Squad

Next

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:07 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information