Secondary playing softer less press coverage

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Perhaps getting ready for the suspension?I did not notice as much press coverage this week.
    canzag
    NET Veteran

• I don't know about less press coverage equaling softer play from the secondary. More like negative press coverage overall. I'm already hearing stuff from people like Chris Rose 'NFL Network' Gameday Final host, after that Marshall reception with 20 seconds left(about Sherman); "probably didn't have his Adderall..."

:34853_doh:
    652cHAWK
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*

• Sherman wasn't lined up on Marshall, which i think he should have been every play , especially that play.
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

• 652cHAWK wrote:I don't know about less press coverage equaling softer play from the secondary. More like negative press coverage overall. I'm already hearing stuff from people like Chris Rose 'NFL Network' Gameday Final host, after that Marshall reception with 20 seconds left(about Sherman); "probably didn't have his Adderall..."

Pretty sure that was Heath Evans' voice. Dude is still pissed about Beastquake.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• Basis4day wrote:
    652cHAWK wrote:I don't know about less press coverage equaling softer play from the secondary. More like negative press coverage overall. I'm already hearing stuff from people like Chris Rose 'NFL Network' Gameday Final host, after that Marshall reception with 20 seconds left(about Sherman); "probably didn't have his Adderall..."

No kidding. I've honestly never heard that guy say anything positive about the Hawks. Seems bitter or something.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Can they appeal until next season? If we lose BB and Sherm now, we don't have a chance for any playoff run. This sucks. I think the timing and the fact that it is BOTH of our corners seems suspicious(like they were set up).
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Seahwkgal wrote:Can they appeal until next season? If we lose BB and Sherm now, we don't have a chance for any playoff run. This sucks. I think the timing and the fact that it is BOTH of our corners seems suspicious(like they were set up).

Depending about the context of their appeal, yes it can. The Star Caps thing went on for a WHILE.

But it needs to be said again. We know very little about what actually happened with them or what is their basis for appeal. They are allowed to keep playing until their appeal is resolved.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• Seahwkgal wrote:Can they appeal until next season? If we lose BB and Sherm now, we don't have a chance for any playoff run. This sucks. I think the timing and the fact that it is BOTH of our corners seems suspicious(like they were set up).

to say we don't have a chance is a bit strong.. starters get hurt all the time.. that's what back ups are for
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Since Harbaugh bitched to the NFL about Browner and Sherman they have gotten a defensive holding call on the first defensive series in every game.
    I would rather have an army of Dogs led by a Pug than an army of Pugs led by a Dog. ~Napoleon
    pugs1
    NET Starter

• Basis4day wrote:
    652cHAWK wrote:I don't know about less press coverage equaling softer play from the secondary. More like negative press coverage overall. I'm already hearing stuff from people like Chris Rose 'NFL Network' Gameday Final host, after that Marshall reception with 20 seconds left(about Sherman); "probably didn't have his Adderall..."

that guy is a douche! they have a segment for him called "DO YOUR JOB" he had some guard not making a block or something...i wanted to ask NFL Network for my 30 seconds back.

and speaking of NFL Network, whats up with the lighting on that set? The Dude with the Big Ears and the girl that comes on...she is hideous under a certain light! Who does the hiring for that job...fire that mofo
    zayden185
    NET Veteran

• Its true, we dont know what will happen if we lose both these guys. A little over a year ago, Sherman was our #4 CB, and not much further than that, Browner wasn't even in the league. No reason we can't work that magic again.
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

• ensett wrote:Its true, we dont know what will happen if we lose both these guys. A little over a year ago, Sherman was our #4 CB, and not much further than that, Browner wasn't even in the league. No reason we can't work that magic again.

Yeah. Obviously the talent evaluation was spot on, so unless they were just really lucky with getting 2 great DB's, I'm honestly not that worried.
    Last edited by razgriz737 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• 652cHAWK wrote:I don't know about less press coverage equaling softer play from the secondary. More like negative press coverage overall. I'm already hearing stuff from people like Chris Rose 'NFL Network' Gameday Final host, after that Marshall reception with 20 seconds left(about Sherman); "probably didn't have his Adderall..."

I think he is talking about actual press coverage on the field (ie man coverage, bump and run, near the line of scrimmage) instead of media coverage.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

• Basis4day wrote:

In retrospect?, we can be thankful that Heath Evans got dumped, the guy is a dweeb turd :pukeface:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• razgriz737 wrote:
    ensett wrote:Its true, we dont know what will happen if we lose both these guys. A little over a year ago, Sherman was our #4 CB, and not much further than that, Browner wasn't even in the league. No reason we can't work that magic again.

Yeah. Obviously the talent evaluation was spot on, so unless they were just really lucky with getting 2 great DB's, I'm honestly not that worried.

The best way to mitigate the problem of backup CB's is to get consistent pressure from the D line. That hasn't been happening with any regularity lately and THAT is what is worrisome.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• PlinytheCenter wrote:
    razgriz737 wrote:
    ensett wrote:Its true, we dont know what will happen if we lose both these guys. A little over a year ago, Sherman was our #4 CB, and not much further than that, Browner wasn't even in the league. No reason we can't work that magic again.

The best way to mitigate the problem of backup CB's is to get consistent pressure from the D line. That hasn't been happening with any regularity lately and THAT is what is worrisome.

I definitely agree with that. Our pass rush has certainly been MIA these past few weeks...
    Last edited by razgriz737 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• HawksFTW wrote:

Double :34853_doh:

Yes, X & Os press coverage. Plus, it was Heath Evans on that Adderall comment; i.e. negative media coverage.
    652cHAWK
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*

• Basis4day wrote:

Does anyone else find it ironic that Heath said that and he himself during his NFL days had a prescription for adderall too? Seems a little hypocritical...
    http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this- ... uth-idiots
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

• We play much better it seems when we press the recievers hard right on the line but were they worried these guys were gonna juke em out of their shoes or somethin cuz we need to be able to do that to everyone
    It felt like prevent all over again at times
    twelfman
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:19 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information