Sherman says RW best rookie QB

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Zowert":3dpfub28 said:
Players make mistakes/mental errors. The defense have been keeping this team in the playoff hunt for the majority of the season. It's only right the offense (including RW) stepped up and took the wheel when the defense was struggling.

Actually this defense has been trying it's hardest to lose road games the last two months, in spite of the offense coming around.

Yes we won yesterday, super exciting game no doubt. BUT........that doesn't hide the fact that our defense is still making critical errors in crucial situations. Dumb penalties, still horrible on 3rd downs, giving up big plays, etc. The last Chicago series alone was a nightmare, hands to the face penalty, roughing the passer penalty, long pass........bad, bad, and bad.

Carroll and Bradley have got to lock this stuff down.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3b1lc2np said:
How many game winning drives have our defense cost Wilson?

Detroit, Miami, wouldn't AZ qualify? Can't remember the Rams game.

Definitely the first three...the Rams game not so much.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
The media crush on Luck is nauseating. We get it - he is the "ordained" and he is the #1 pick and is the protoype size for the cookie cutter following NFL.

BUT:

Wilson - 95.2 rating, 63.4% completion, 19 TDs, 8 INTs in 317 pass attempts.
Luck - 76.1 rating, 55.5%, 17 TDs, 16 INTs in 503 attempts.

Wilson has thrown 1 pick in the last 142 pass attempts. He has more TDs than Luck in almost 200 fewer attempts. The Seahawks have also played a much tougher schedule, especially against some better defenses. I'd like to see Luck facing SF, STL and AZ twice in his divisional rotation instead of the likes of Jacksonville and Tennessee (well, I guess he does have to play Houston but that doesn't support my argument so to heck with it).

If you would have told me before the season those would be the stats after 12 games and didn't identify which was which, I would have put money that it would be reversed (Luck would have Wilson's stats).

The Seahawks have also played a much tougher schedule.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1nzxme0n said:

Very true. Plus the Colts throw the ball 50 times a game cause they have ZERO running game, so of course Luck's going to have more passing yards.

But having said that, all three rookie QB's have had phenomenal seasons. It'd be hard to argue against any of them winning ROY. RG3 has 19 TD's and only 4 interceptions. Very impressive.

Devil's advocate also says Wilson has the better team around him that's helped him succeed, and RG3 and Luck have pretty much had to do it all themselves.

razor150

Reaction score
Hollandhawk":2hjtpyqr said:
Sherm speaking out about Wilson

"They're going to hype who they're going to hype, and you're in the Seattle market, and it doesn't matter what you do,"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... w-luck-rg3

No bias there at all.

Considering the 1 win team he inherited with his addition to the team and the turn around it created Luck is clearly, imo, the best rookie QB. Wilson inherited an 8-8 team on the verge of breaking out with better QB play.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2wv2p107 said:
The media crush on Luck is nauseating. We get it - he is the "ordained" and he is the #1 pick and is the protoype size for the cookie cutter following NFL.

BUT:

Wilson - 95.2 rating, 63.4% completion, 19 TDs, 8 INTs in 317 pass attempts.
Luck - 76.1 rating, 55.5%, 17 TDs, 16 INTs in 503 attempts.

Wilson has thrown 1 pick in the last 142 pass attempts. He has more TDs than Luck in almost 200 fewer attempts. The Seahawks have also played a much tougher schedule, especially against some better defenses. I'd like to see Luck facing SF, STL and AZ twice in his divisional rotation instead of the likes of Jacksonville and Tennessee (well, I guess he does have to play Houston but that doesn't support my argument so to heck with it).

If you would have told me before the season those would be the stats after 12 games and didn't identify which was which, I would have put money that it would be reversed (Luck would have Wilson's stats).

They haven't played Houston yet though so your point stands for another week or 2.

run and shoot

Reaction score
razor150":3s5gko9e said:
Hollandhawk":3s5gko9e said:
Sherm speaking out about Wilson

"They're going to hype who they're going to hype, and you're in the Seattle market, and it doesn't matter what you do,"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... w-luck-rg3

No bias there at all.

Considering the 1 win team he inherited with his addition to the team and the turn around it created Luck is clearly, imo, the best rookie QB. Wilson inherited an 8-8 team on the verge of breaking out with better QB play.
I won't buy into that nor will the Dolphins who went from one win to winning the division then back to the cellar the next year. Do you really believe he is the savior that turned that corner for them or will they be flat lining till they really fix the problem?

Schadie001

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2k1n3zr9 said:

Media had a big crush on a certain QB named Cam Newton last year as well. "Superman" was the second coming and could do no wrong. The problem is the game catches up and when it does they suck ala Cam this year.

I think the advantage that Wilson has is that we don't have put all our eggs in his basket. We have a solid defense, and running game to take the pressure off him. Teams can't just game plan RW, they can Luck and RGIII. Once this league has a year of film to look at, the game is going to catch up fast. At least one (Luck or RGIII) is going to have a Newton like slump next year. Wilson I think will be even better.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Zowert":gy004blk said:
Sgt. Largent":gy004blk said:
Throwdown":gy004blk said:
I friggin love Sherman

Except when he's giving up 50 yard pass plays and/or all geeked up on Adderall.

Sherman better be kissing Wilson's ass, cause if Wilson doesn't walk on water yesterday in overtime, today we're talking about Sherman going selfishly for the interception instead of just knocking the ball down on the 50 yard catch by Marshall.

Players make mistakes/mental errors. The defense have been keeping this team in the playoff hunt for the majority of the season. It's only right the offense (including RW) stepped up and took the wheel when the defense was struggling.

Yup. Early in the year, we won because the defense picked up the offense. Lately, the offense has picked up the defense.

No reason for people to have so much recency bias; all the wins count the same when the playoff seeds are doled out.

razor150

Reaction score
run and shoot":27r5j78w said:
razor150":27r5j78w said:
I won't buy into that nor will the Dolphins who went from one win to winning the division then back to the cellar the next year. Do you really believe he is the savior that turned that corner for them or will they be flat lining till they really fix the problem?

The Dolphins aren't a great example since their turn around and collapse came about due to a gimmick system that was quickly figured out.

As for the Colts, you would have to be blind not to see that they are much better team with him leading it. They aren't winning because of a gimmick offense nobody has defended before, but because they have a rookie QB airing it out a lot. I don't claim that he is their savior, they have to many problems besides QB that they need to fix, but their quick turn around can't be ignored.

Schadie001":27r5j78w said:
Media had a big crush on a certain QB named Cam Newton last year as well. "Superman" was the second coming and could do no wrong. The problem is the game catches up and when it does they suck ala Cam this year.

I think the advantage that Wilson has is that we don't have put all our eggs in his basket. We have a solid defense, and running game to take the pressure off him. Teams can't just game plan RW, they can Luck and RGIII. Once this league has a year of film to look at, the game is going to catch up fast. At least one (Luck or RGIII) is going to have a Newton like slump next year. Wilson I think will be even better.

The reason Cam was successful his first year is for largely the same reasons Griffin has been successful this year. Their athleticism has helped them immensely and helped obscure exploitable flaws in their game. Griffin will very likely be the one that will with the 2nd year slump. Luck will likely approve quite a bit, but be hampered by a sub par supporting cast. Wilson will likely be the one who takes the biggest step next year due to a better supporting caste. Though none of that is guaranteed.

Latest posts