Tip my hat to Matt Flynn

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Tip my hat to Matt Flynn
Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:58 am
  • I've supported RW as our QB, but I must tip my hat to Matt Flynn. He has handled this QB selection process with class and dignity. I just watched Pete Carroll's post-bears game lockeroom speech and he gave props to Flynn for calling tails. A disgruntled player would have taken that as a slight, but Flynn showed a sense of humor and comraderie.

Russell is our man, but Flynn is good man. If we don't keep him, I wish him success in another team.
    HunnyBadger
    NET Starter

Re: Tip my hat to Matt Flynn
Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:01 pm
  • Agreed. Flynn will get his shot, it just won't be in Seattle.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:01 pm
  • Agreed. Can you imagine how some of the other prima donna-type QB's would be handling this?
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:04 pm
  • just watched it too
    for someone that just won an important road game BB doesn't look happy
    which is a great thing imo, I imagine he's ecstatic on the inside for the W but clearly all he can think of is his subpar performance in the game
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:44 pm
  • He's a 7th round pick...had 2 good games and got paid...no concussions? id be happy for the time being really!!

The competitor wants to play, but really????? Keep him there..the need for competent backup is huge!

Hes better than Charlie Batch!
    zayden185
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:46 pm
  • In fairness, he's getting paid millions to be a backup quarterback.

I'm not surprised he hasn't complained about this ideal lifestyle.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:48 pm
  • razgriz737 wrote:Agreed. Can you imagine how some of the other prima donna-type QB's would be handling this?

I know it's a bit of a different situation since he got benched midseason after an injury, but all you need to do is look down the coast to the situation in San Francisco. Alex Smith isn't happy at all and while Harbaugh won't ever let it get out of control, it could potentially be their undoing.

I too am glad we've got Flynn. He has handled this whole situation better than most would.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:50 pm
  • NYCoug wrote:
    razgriz737 wrote:Agreed. Can you imagine how some of the other prima donna-type QB's would be handling this?

I know it's a bit of a different situation since he got benched midseason after an injury, but all you need to do is look down the coast to the situation in San Francisco. Alex Smith isn't happy at all and while Harbaugh won't ever let it get out of control, it could potentially be their undoing.

I too am glad we've got Flynn. He has handled this whole situation better than most would.

True. I've never even considered Smith to be a prima donna, and he's clearly disgruntled.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:52 pm
  • Flynn is getting paid like a good backup. He's been a pro about not winning the job and I would guess the team will look into a trade after the season that makes sense for both parties. At this point I would like to keep Flynn through next season (I think he can come in and win games with no drop off), but he'll get his shot in a season or two again and I hope he makes the most of it, he seems like a good guy.
    NorCalSeahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:54 pm
  • I'm 110% Russell Wilson, but I remember when Matt Hasselbeck got hurt,,We keep Matt Flynn right where he is.
    He may not prove to be Wilsons equal, but he did replace T-Jack (the guy that most everyone was happy to keep as a backup)
    I don't see it as the Wilson OR Flynn gig, but rather the Wilson AND Flynn program.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:44 pm
  • He's being paid 10 million to hold a clipboard, who is he to complain.
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:53 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:In fairness, he's getting paid millions to be a backup quarterback.

If he's a competitor, he wants to make millions and be a starting QB.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:56 pm
  • Where did you watch it at? Got a link?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:57 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:In fairness, he's getting paid millions to be a backup quarterback.

Yep. People are still human and it would be easy for him to be pissy.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:04 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Where did you watch it at? Got a link?
    http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Week-13---Carroll-Postgame-Locker-Room-Speech/5df7881d-aadf-45b5-ad7a-ba5043ef1426

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:14 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:In fairness, he's getting paid millions to be a backup quarterback.

Yep. People are still human and it would be easy for him to be pissy.

And if he has any ambitions of being a starter anywhere else, being pissy in Seattle mid-season will guarantee he never gets that chance. Especially when the guy starting is playing at the level he is.

I have no beef with Flynn, but I'm not sure he deserves a hat tip for essentially not publicly complaining about a situation that has set him up financially for life.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:17 pm
  • Killa Kam wrote:He's being paid 10 million to hold a clipboard, who is he to complain.

No job satisfaction. If hes a competitive person he will not be happy being paid to do something hes not doing.
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:35 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    And if he has any ambitions of being a starter anywhere else, being pissy in Seattle mid-season will guarantee he never gets that chance. Especially when the guy starting is playing at the level he is.

I have no beef with Flynn, but I'm not sure he deserves a hat tip for essentially not publicly complaining about a situation that has set him up financially for life.

He may not get "pissy" but I'm sure patience wears on a young guy who is approaching his prime and has been told he is a starting caliber quarterback in the NFL, when he has only started 2 games in 5 years. And I'm also fairly certain that PC and JS will entertain a trade if the pick value is right.
    CrimsonWazzu
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:37 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:

This is why I read em all, knew someone would say what I wad thinking. If the guy is ok with being a back up, then he was never the starter we needed. I'm sure it bugs the hell out of him and he's gonna be a pro about it until he gets his shot again.
    BAllenHawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:51 pm
  • BAllenHawk wrote:I'm sure it bugs the hell out of him and he's gonna be a pro about it until he gets his shot again.

And if he wasn't a pro about it, he'd have 0% chance of getting that shot. Which is the point. It makes no sense for Flynn to be pissy about anything. Good salary to keep quiet about his dissatisfaction and be a backup. And if he does wan't to start anywhere else, he has no choice but to just accept this situation and get on with it.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm
  • Rode the elevator with him Saturday night before the game. Surprisingly big dude. Thought he was a linebacker before I realized who it was.
    PhillySeahawk
    NET Rookie

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information