Where are we with RW leadership????

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Where are we with RW leadership????
Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:56 pm
  • I was just thinking about RW when he arrived at Wisconsin, and he was almost immediately voted by his peers to be a captain.

When will RW be named a captain?

Can Captains be changed in the middle of a season?

I mean honestly, who do you think on that team is that far beyond RW when it comes to leadership?

This is by no means a knock on our current captains. I'm just curious, and I wanted to get that first topic on this forum out of the way. No longer a virgin. LOL

"Go Hawks"
    jallen6243
    Spc Army 96-99

Re: Where are we with RW leadership????
Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:00 pm
  • They can change, I believe RGIII became one a few weeks ago for the Redskins.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:11 pm
  • I think he is a lock to get next year. Caps are chosen by the players at the start of the year. They can probably switch mid season especially for off feild issues... but who would you take it from?
    I dont think it would be good for him to get it when TJ was on the team fighting for the spot.
    "When is the NFL going to start fining receivers for running routes across KAM’S MIDDLE?!?!"
    -bpup33
    Sprfunk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:14 pm
  • Captain or not, he's already the leader.

He'll probably never be the fiery RAH RAH leader that some are. But Michael Robinson has already said that the veterans are inspired by his work ethic and preparation. The true leader is one who can lead without saying a word. And I think thats what Russell Wilson is.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:44 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:Captain or not, he's already the leader.

He'll probably never be the fiery RAH RAH leader that some are. But Michael Robinson has already said that the veterans are inspired by his work ethic and preparation. The true leader is one who can lead without saying a word. And I think thats what Russell Wilson is.

I said this in another thread. Leaders don't NEED a "C" on their jersey to lead. Captains are voted before the season starts. Wilson had never played a regular season NFL game. It would have been odd for him to get voted a leader before he's even really had a chance to show his leadership abilities.

I have no doubt that next season Wilson will be voted team captain on offense, but in the meantime, he's already the proven leader, and it is really a breath of fresh air to see that from him so quickly in his career.

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:43 am
  • Throwdown wrote:They can change, I believe RGIII became one a few weeks ago for the Redskins.

I didn't think this was the case. WAS hadn't used all of their captain designations, so had one available to give to RG3. It wasn't like it was stripped from someone else, and given to RG3. If I remember correctly, Seattle didn't use all of their designations either, but I could be wrong.

Either way, everyone knows where Wilson stands, regardless of which patches he has on his uniform.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:15 am
  • I would not want to make a change in that area. If we make RW a captain in the middle of the season then what does that say about Max Unger's leadership who is currently the captain? You don't want to do that to any of your players especially if they are being a really good leader like Unger is this season.

Wilson is already the leader so making him the captain won't mean much this season. Maybe, next year.
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:19 am
  • SeahawksFanForever wrote:I would not want to make a change in that area. If we make RW a captain in the middle of the season then what does that say about Max Unger's leadership who is currently the captain? You don't want to do that to any of your players especially if they are being a really good leader like Unger is this season.

Wilson is already the leader so making him the captain won't mean much this season. Maybe, next year.

Seattle has used 4 of their captain designations, all teams have 6 available, I believe. They wouldn't have to strip anybody of the title to give one to Russell.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:20 am
  • HawksFTW wrote:
    SeahawksFanForever wrote:I would not want to make a change in that area. If we make RW a captain in the middle of the season then what does that say about Max Unger's leadership who is currently the captain? You don't want to do that to any of your players especially if they are being a really good leader like Unger is this season.

Seattle has used 4 of their captain designations, all teams have 6 available, I believe. They wouldn't have to strip anybody of the title to give one to Russell.

ahh got it. It's cool then
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:23 am
  • Seeing everything we do about Wilson, he looks like the hollywood movie definition of leader. This guy is out of this world.
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:24 am
  • Just a formality, he'll be a captain next year.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:27 am
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:Just a formality, he'll be a captain next year.

:13:
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:36 am
  • Wilson is definitely a rare breed. There are born leaders, then there is Russell Wilson. A kid, third round draft choice who overcame all the odds (talking about his height) and silenced the critics with class. Despite all that, he has managed to lead this football team and he's made it look so damn easy.
    ~ The Stache'
    Zowert
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:36 am
  • I really don't see how it means anything othen than calling the coin toss.
    * NET Staff *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:38 am
  • Hawkstorian wrote:I really don't see how it means anything othen than calling the coin toss.

A little name recognition and a patch with stars.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:01 am
  • He just needs to put a big "IT" on his uni.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:07 pm
  • Hawkstorian wrote:I really don't see how it means anything othen than calling the coin toss.

Get your point. But why then did Flynn make the call in OT? He's not a captain. Pete throwing him a bone for being a good sport?
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:18 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information