2a) Martin
2b) Wilson
4) Luck.

In my humble opinion.

jkitsune

Reaction score
ensett":2l7boesx said:
jkitsune":2l7boesx said:
I get people arguing between RW and Luck, but how can you put RW ahead of RG3? I'm nto saying I'd take RG3 over RW for the long run, but RG3 IMO is clearly having the superior year.

I think the only thing that separates them is running. I believe RW is a better passer, but RG3 is better with this feet

You say that, but based on what metric?

CANHawk

Reaction score
RG3 is RGOverrated. Luck's the real deal though me thinks. It'll come down to how they perform down the stretch but luck will get the nod on name recognition (good thing Rusty likely doesn't give a rip anyway).

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
ESPN has already annointed Luck ROY because Boomer on Sportscenter was raving about him even tho he couldn't complete half of his 54 pass attempts. Yes he threw for 4 TD's but also threw 3 picks. I'm betting Rdub would have similar #'s without the picks had he attempted 54 passes.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I don't really put much stock in the stats but ESPN seems to be skipping the two touchdowns RW had today. They list him at 17 td's for the season and 25 projected , but by my count he has 19 and every indication is that he could break Peyton Mannings rookie record of 26. That in and of itself is huge to me.

Regardless, if you were to ask me (you didn't) Wilson would get my vote for team MVP at the very least. He is leading this team by the scruff of its neck to the playoff's, and he's doing it with few mistakes.

chris98251

Reaction score
If you asked who should be rookie of the year based on performance per draft position Wilson should win it hands down. He wasn't sexy during the draft, he has not been sexy during the season, every first round pick has had more media coverage because every media outlet has their experts credibility on the line and they have to hype them. The play by play guys and game analysts are more in toon with how they are playing.

jkitsune

Reaction score
CANHawk":353e6gee said:
RG3 is RGOverrated. Luck's the real deal though me thinks. It'll come down to how they perform down the stretch but luck will get the nod on name recognition (good thing Rusty likely doesn't give a rip anyway).

You say that. Based on what metric?

I love RW as much as the next guy. If it were legal in the state of California I'd consider marrying him. The dude is so incredibly baller I can't believe he's a Seahawk. This is not at all about Russ.

I just don't see any objective evidence that RG3 is over-rated or should lose the award to RW. He looks good when I've watched him play. His passing and rushing stats are better. He's on a worse overall team than the Hawks, so arguably it's more impressive that his stats are better.

I understand the statistical argument with Luck, at least. But RG3? I know people are concerned about his durability, but someone enlighten me about why he's over-rated this year.

washmont

Reaction score
Hate to say it but RG3 easily.
1= RG3, 2= Russell Wilson, 3=Luck, 4= Doug Martin

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
I honestly think draft position should be taken into account when determining the ROY, even though I know it isn't. If you take a guy with the #1 overall pick and he turns out to be good, that's one thing. But for a guy like Wilson to be drafted in the 3rd round and have the kind of season he is having is almost unheard of. That should factor into the vote, IMHO.

But then, I thought the same thing in 2005 when Shawne Merriman won DROY over Lofa Tatupu. The league feels differently, and either Luck or RGIII will win the award as a result.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
You know what? I really don't care about hardware for Seahawks players, and I don't think Wilson does, either. Frankly, I'd rather he win Super Bowl MVP.

OP
OP
A

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":3rod8rl0 said:
I don't really put much stock in the stats but ESPN seems to be skipping the two touchdowns RW had today. They list him at 17 td's for the season and 25 projected , but by my count he has 19 and every indication is that he could break Peyton Mannings rookie record of 26. That in and of itself is huge to me.

Regardless, if you were to ask me (you didn't) Wilson would get my vote for team MVP at the very least. He is leading this team by the scruff of its neck to the playoff's, and he's doing it with few mistakes.

Never trust ESPN with anything I've learned over time. NFL.com has RW at 19 Tds

http://www.nfl.com/player/russellwilson/2532975/profile

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
To me, at this point Luck wins it because clearly RW is no longer a rookie. It wouldn't be fair.