Does our defense suck now?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1i0yag5q said:
I expect the Seahawks defense will make Lindley or whoever is the QB for AZ next week look awesome even though the Jets held the Cards to 6 today.

Really? Cutler to Marshall on the road is on the same level as replacement AZ QB to Fitz at home? :|

I mean, sure, the D isn't playing up to what we expected from them after the first 6 or so games, but that kind of stuff tends to happen. Defenses are always ahead of offenses early in the season, and then as offenses build chemistry and rhythm, that shifts as the season wears on. It's a trend that happens every season to many, many teams... not just the 2012 Seahawks.

Think about it. The Bears had a 4-game stretch where they didn't allow more than 7 points in three of those games as they pushed their record to 5-1. But in their last 3 games, they've allowed 65 points, and got burned for 2 long late-game drives by a team with an offense that ranks in the bottom third of the league. Does their defense suck now, too?

truehawksfan

Reaction score
We have the players to be an elite defense and it's up to the coaches to put these players in position to make plays.

Why do you allow Marshall to run free with less then 30 seconds in the 4th qtr? Double-up on him! He has over 80 receptions and Forte is 2nd on the team witn 27.

Gus Bradley's a good coach, but he needs mentoring.....Monte Kiffin as CO-Defensive Coordinator?

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
volsunghawk":6us03k2o said:
hawksfansinceday1":6us03k2o said:
I expect the Seahawks defense will make Lindley or whoever is the QB for AZ next week look awesome even though the Jets held the Cards to 6 today.

Really? Cutler to Marshall on the road is on the same level as replacement AZ QB to Fitz at home? :|

I mean, sure, the D isn't playing up to what we expected from them after the first 6 or so games, but that kind of stuff tends to happen. Defenses are always ahead of offenses early in the season, and then as offenses build chemistry and rhythm, that shifts as the season wears on. It's a trend that happens every season to many, many teams... not just the 2012 Seahawks.

Think about it. The Bears had a 4-game stretch where they didn't allow more than 7 points in three of those games as they pushed their record to 5-1. But in their last 3 games, they've allowed 65 points, and got burned for 2 long late-game drives by a team with an offense that ranks in the bottom third of the league. Does their defense suck now, too?

Great answer Volsung.

And the Cards are playing their best defensive football now. I guess that's kinda what I want.

amill87

Reaction score
truehawksfan":5hyytyb2 said:
We have the players to be an elite defense and it's up to the coaches to put these players in position to make plays.

Why do you allow Marshall to run free with less then 30 seconds in the 4th qtr? Double-up on him! He has over 80 receptions and Forte is 2nd on the team witn 27.

Gus Bradley's a good coach, but he needs mentoring.....Monte Kiffin as CO-Defensive Coordinator?

Gotta stick up for the coaches on that one.

They can't help that the d-lineman missed horribly on Cutler for him to have time to make the throw and they also can't help that there were three Seahawks around Marshall and Sherman went for a pick instead of going for the deflection/tackle.

The coaches put the players in position, the players just didn't execute

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2sx9r4dy said:
hawksfansinceday1":2sx9r4dy said:

Jets held Lindley to 10-31 for 71 yards and a pick. I don't think the Hawks defense is capable of a performance like that frankly. We've seen them make Kolb look all-pro earlier this year and Skelton play well against them last year and I got a feeling they'll struggle at times vs. AZ this week. Not trying to be a Negetive Nelly but they haven't looked good the last couple of weeks vs. Cutler and Tannehill. Sincerely hope I'm wrong though.

amill87

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":sbjpshz6 said:
Jets held Lindley to 10-31 for 71 yards and a pick. I don't think the Hawks defense is capable of a performance like that frankly. We've seen them make Kolb look all-pro earlier this year and Skelton play well against them last year and I got a feeling they'll struggle at times vs. AZ this week. Not trying to be a Negetive Nelly but they haven't looked good the last couple of weeks vs. Cutler and Tannehill. Sincerely hope I'm wrong though.

And the last time they were at home, they pitched a shut out versus the same team the Cardinals just lost to.

Arizona's offense is in shambles. They have lost 8 straight. They are swirling the toilet bowl right now and if we were to drop this game at home, it will be the most painful loss of a bunch of painful losses this year.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":22onkbmy said:
volsunghawk":22onkbmy said:
hawksfansinceday1":22onkbmy said:

The Hawks defense did exactly that, essentially, in their last two home games.

Ponder: 11/22, 63 yards, 1 INT
Sanchez: 9/22, 124 yards, 1 INT

This coming game is at home. And each of the games where you've highlighted flaws has been on the road. I agree that the defense has not played all that well - especially in the 4th quarter - on the road, but it's been a totally different beast at home all season long.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
amill87":1ncjbuds said:
Arizona's offense is in shambles. They have lost 8 straight. They are swirling the toilet bowl right now and if we were to drop this game at home, it will be the most painful loss of a bunch of painful losses this year.
Agree 100%. I don't think the Hawks will lose the game. I'm just saying the defense will allow more points that they should considering the state of the Cards offense right now. But I do believe RW and the O will score enough to get the win. Just think it will be closer than it should considering the stae of the Cards O. Might well be wrong though considering it's at the C-Link. Hope I am. :D Just not a lot of faith in the Hawks D right now, that's all.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3emjpwnx said:

You haven't noticed a difference in our road and home performances? I suggest you start watching games.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hollandhawk":yh85cmw7 said:
hawksfansinceday1":yh85cmw7 said:

You haven't noticed a difference in our road and home performances? I suggest you start watching games.
Oh wait, I haven't been? Oh yeah, you're right. My bad. I'll take up watching Seahawks' games before actually commenting on a forum dealing with the Seahawks. :sarcasm_off:
Yo Ace, did you notice I said (referring to the game vs. AZ this coming Sunday) "Might well be wrong though considering it's at the C-Link"?

amill87

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1birhtc2 said:
amill87":1birhtc2 said:
Agree 100%. I don't think the Hawks will lose the game. I'm just saying the defense will allow more points that they should considering the state of the Cards offense right now. But I do believe RW and the O will score enough to get the win. Just think it will be closer than it should considering the stae of the Cards O. Might well be wrong though considering it's at the C-Link. Hope I am. :D Just not a lot of faith in the Hawks D right now, that's all.

I understand the concern and on the road, I share those concerns but outside of AP (who is just a monster this year again) our defense has been possibly the best defense in the league at home. They have not shown any reason to be concerned at home, especially against the pass, which is what the Cards will do because they cannot run at all

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
amill87":2kwp4oow said:
hawksfansinceday1":2kwp4oow said:
amill87":2kwp4oow said:

I understand the concern and on the road, I share those concerns but outside of AP (who is just a monster this year again) our defense has been possibly the best defense in the league at home. They have not shown any reason to be concerned at home, especially against the pass, which is what the Cards will do because they cannot run at all
Definitely good points, especially the one about the Cards not being able to run at all. Hoping you're correct and I'm not.