RW will overcome bad play calling!

Rainger

Reaction score
We are soooo lucky looking forward to the future.

Think about the great QB's what do they do? They make plays even when the OC makes shitty calls. They find a way to make something out of the nothing that the OC called. They then make the HC look "brilliant" Yes you Bellicheck.

I believe we now have that QB. Someone who will take even the worst play call in a particular situation and bail out the OC.

It doesnt matter what the OC calls as long as it is not run run run, RW will find a way to take the call and make something out of it.

RW will make Bevell look like a genius OC.

YaktownHawK

Reaction score
Dont know if that last sentence will ever be true, Bevell is making it tough enough as it is. Maybe its Russ overcoming piss poor play calls, so he looks like the genious not Bevell.

mikeak

Reaction score
From the Tribune article linked elsewhere.

"I continued to tell the coaches and they saw it too," Wilson said. "Especially in the end of the game, the read option is wide open."

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Let's forget the fact that criticizing or praising play-calling is fraught with hindsight bias and move onto to another interesting talking point.

Specifically, perhaps Bevell just has a lot of experience planning for the Bears defense and that really rubbed off on Russell today.

Has Bevell ever OC'ed a team that played the Bears frequently?

Moreover - is Bevell also calling our 4th quarter defenses?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I'll agree with that once Wilson is regularly calling audibles at the line.

razgriz737

Reaction score
mikeak":2zsakfwv said:
From the Tribune article linked elsewhere.

"I continued to tell the coaches and they saw it too," Wilson said. "Especially in the end of the game, the read option is wide open."
Is there anyway we can have Wilson at QB and OC?

mikeak

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":2pda6nvl said:
Let's forget the fact that criticizing or praising play-calling is fraught with hindsight bias and move onto to another interesting talking point.

Specifically, perhaps Bevell just has a lot of experience planning for the Bears defense and that really rubbed off on Russell today.

Has Bevell ever OC'ed a team that played the Bears frequently?

Moreover - is Bevell also calling our 4th quarter defenses?

Is this a leading question? :)

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson getting them to allow him to run the read option is huge in a game like today, without that we are stuck with bubble screens to WR's and running plays on 2nd and 7 and 3rd and 10.

I will say if your going to call your own plays and ignore a OC you better be right or you will be on the bench. Farve and Peyton are players that were more right. Who knows how many were wrong and you never see them as starters again, Guys like Grossman and Orton that would try to wing it sometimes and failed.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I think you all are crazy. the playcalling wasn't bad today. Everything was working. It's just we kept shooting ourselves in the foot. We'd be driving and we'd have a Phanton fumble or a false start that skuttles a drive. RW and the offense were ON FIRE today. Both Rice and Tate were had 90+ yards catching and a TD. Baldwin made several clutch catches and Miller even got into the act with 4th down conversion.

I know RW would like to have back his 2 passes before half. He had Miller wide open for TD's and overthrew him once and didn't see him a 2nd time. I don't see how anyone can critisize the offense with 97 and 80 yard drives to finish the game.

rideaducati

Reaction score
jlwaters1":22swsbrf said:
I think you all are crazy. the playcalling wasn't bad today. Everything was working. It's just we kept shooting ourselves in the foot. We'd be driving and we'd have a Phanton fumble or a false start that skuttles a drive. RW and the offense were ON FIRE today. Both Rice and Tate were had 90+ yards catching and a TD. Baldwin made several clutch catches and Miller even got into the act with 4th down conversion.

I know RW would like to have back his 2 passes before half. He had Miller wide open for TD's and overthrew him once and didn't see him a 2nd time. I don't see how anyone can critisize the offense with 97 and 80 yard drives to finish the game.

Russell also led a 94 yard touchdown drive in the first half and followed that up with a 49 yard fieldgoal drive.

kearly

Reaction score
As others have said, as far as I could tell the playcalling was pretty good today. Wilson had the hot hand and this time Bevell/Carroll actually played it. And unlike the Miami game, Chicago didn't seem to always know when a run was coming or where it was going. Seattle had 3 drives of 80+ yards today. Seattle finished with 459 yards of offense against the best defense in football. It's not often you see that without good playcalling, especially for a QB who rarely audibles.

kearly

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":1stmacjf said:

That plus there are a lot more people commenting on playcalling than there are those who actually know what good playcalling is. They say a wise man knows what he does not know. Discussing playcalling is a little like discussing politics- everyone thinks they are an expert. Even those who didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.