NFC West Is Not Over

makkapakka

Reaction score
OK call me a homer but given the undefeated home record and that the final road game is vs. the 5-7 Bills (and at a neutral site!), it's not off-the-rocker crazy to imagine the 'Hawks running the table to 11-5. *If* that were to happen, they would only need SF to lose one one of MIA/@NE/ARI, with @NE being obviously very possible!

On top of that, with only one NFC team (other than SF) with less than 4 losses a possible bye / home 2nd week playoff game is not an impossibility at this point either!

That might be asking a little much but IMO the 'Hawks are a young team coming into their own. Expect them to finish stronger than they started.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
If we get the two seed I'm gonna have to rob a bank and be at that game.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
No kidding, everything is there for us to take. We just went 3-1 in the 3rd quarter of the season. We have a great shot at 4-0 if we play up to our ability. The 2nd seed would be ours if the Bears/ GB lose again as well as 49ers lose 1 more game aside from our game. They play in a few weeks so one of them will be coming back to us.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Agreed. Also, the 1st round bye isn't out of the question either. If we win out, SF loses to NE, and GB loses to either Chicago or Minnesota then we would be #2.....Crazy.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Children, I know you are excited but simmer down. A week ago the sky was FALLING. Lets not declare a fecal fan collision when we lose, but lets also not start pre-ordering super bowl champion shirts after a win, either. Take a lesson from Russell Wilson. Be cool, kids.

rjdriver

Reaction score
makkapakka":fj5qn996 said:
OK call me a homer but given the undefeated home record and that the final road game is vs. the 5-7 Bills (and at a neutral site!), it's not off-the-rocker crazy to imagine the 'Hawks running the table to 11-5. *If* that were to happen, they would only need SF to lose one one of MIA/@NE/ARI, with @NE being obviously very possible!

On top of that, with only one NFC team (other than SF) with less than 4 losses a possible bye / home 2nd week playoff game is not an impossibility at this point either!

That might be asking a little much but IMO the 'Hawks are a young team coming into their own. Expect them to finish stronger than they started.

Not sure I would call Toronto a Neutral site. It's 97 miles from Buffalo. It's the game they watch each week (guessing) and there are sure to be a ton of people making the trip up to catch the game. Would be like calling the tacomadome a neutral site.

Or Ford field in the SB for that matter.

Of course, I'm glad it's not in Ralph Wilson. One of the most miserable games I can remember is still fresh on my mind (season opening ass whipping where Burleson broke his leg)

Latest posts