Bears show respect for RW and the Seahawks!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2012/12 ... g.facebook

Feels good to see players who give respect where its due! Especially coming from those who line up across from Russ and see first hand what he's about.

WR Brandon Marshall: "He's a leader. He's a born leader. I listened to the guy talk. I watch how he conducts himself, how he handles himself. That's a guy I can watch and learn from. Even as a rookie, a young guy, Russell Wilson is a guy that is going to be special. He is special already. He did a great job today and he stayed in it, drove them down the field and got the job done."

QB Jay Cutler: "He is a good quarterback. They do a good job with him. They started doing that read option, and they were doing some delays off of it and giving him the corner. They ran the ball well with Marshawn Lynch - he is a tough running back. They did a good job."

NB Kelvin Hayden: "He was able to get out (of) the pocket and buy some time. Anytime the quarterback gets out of the pocket, coverage breaks down, and he made the plays. You have to remember, this guy is a rookie. So, hats off to him. He's making the plays. They made plays, and we didn't."

DE Julius Peppers: "It was tough. He presented a challenge with his feet. He's a good young player. He made some plays with his legs today. We were prepared for it. But he did a pretty good job today."

Coach Lovie Smith: "Russell Wilson, you have to give him a lot of credit. He played well. He had a great game. A lot of the success that they had was kind of based on what he did. On those last two drives for us, they just kept the ball moving. It was passing there for a while, running the football. We talked about tackling. Games like that, again, we didn't do a lot right and just didn't make some plays we needed to in that situation."
    YaktownHawK
    NET Veteran

• The Bears are showing a lot of class
    warden
    NET Veteran

• Agreed very classy and truthfull.
    YaktownHawK
    NET Veteran

• Pretty classy. Sometimes players are too pissed off after a loss to heap a bunch of praise on the team that just beat them but it's no secret this kid is special and I mean once in a lifetime special. The other teams and even media can see it.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Very classy responces from the Bears right there.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Bears just got a little cooler in my book. They are now my 2nd favorite team in the NFC North.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

• Well, its not like they could say... "Russell Wilson? yea, he sucks." After he kicked their ass up and down the field on a 177 yard winning scoring drive. :D
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Aros wrote:Pretty classy. Sometimes players are too pissed off after a loss to heap a bunch of praise on the team that just beat them but it's no secret this kid is special and I mean once in a lifetime special. The other teams and even media can see it.

*cough* Packers *cough*
    Anyone else see what Aaron Rodgers said today?
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• What did Aaron Rodgers say?
    "John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
    man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• gargantual wrote:What did Aaron Rodgers say?

Was asked something along the lines of "How do you feel about the Seahawks helping your playoff chances?"
    Said: "I can’t say there are many Seahawks fans in our locker room, but we appreciate the help", in a snarky tone.
    I dunno, I just kinda thought the way he said it was in bad taste. To still be holding a grudge against the Seahawks when it's the refs you should be mad at (if you have to be mad at someone) is a little silly. Just my opinion. I've also been drinking.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:Well, its not like they could say... "Russell Wilson? yea, he sucks." After he kicked their ass up and down the field on a 177 yard winning scoring drive. :D

I mean, some players certainly could. Aaron "I pretty much owned them with my eyes" Brooks probably would have.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

• Eh, re-reading what I just said I realize how pathetic I sound, haha. Disregard that^^
    What the Packers O-Lineman said after the MNF game did piss me off though...
    "Any player/coach in Seattle that really thinks they won that game has zero integrity as a man and should be embarrassed."

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Nice post-game interview w/Urlacher. Note the size of the anchor's cojones, asking him if the defense got tired in OT.

Explaining away his horsecollar tackle, among other musings. What about the multitudes of beneficial calls your team received, Mr. Urlacher? Laughing at Tillman getting rocked by Real Rob...

Psychobabbler
    NET Rookie

• Thanks for posting those babbler!
    YaktownHawK
    NET Veteran

• He's sore alright.
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

• Hmmm. Urlacher is a surprisingly cool dude. Pegged him way wrong before.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, AFTER he beats them they show respect. During the game, the Bears were actually DISrespectful to Russell and the Seahawks. The Bears thought so little of his abilities that they gave up the opportunity to go up by two scores because they thought so little of the Seahawks.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• rideaducati wrote:Yeah, AFTER he beats them they show respect. During the game, the Bears were actually DISrespectful to Russell and the Seahawks. The Bears thought so little of his abilities that they gave up the opportunity to go up by two scores because they thought so little of the Seahawks.

Or they thought "we need to take every opportunity we can to score TDs over FGs because RW will drive all up and down us if we're up by less than 6 in the 4th", and considering how ineffective our D had been at stopping them, I don't really blame them
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• I saw Rodgers comments.I am so glad he said it.Makes him look like a clown even more.
    canzag
    NET Veteran

• Aaron Rogers comments will be filed away for future reference, an unworthy comment that fails to accept the reality they Seahawks beat them and their divisional rivals (save for the Lions and the Hawks gave that one away).
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I really want to make the playoffs and play the Packers and beat them AGAIN.
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran

• Yeah what a whiny little bitch! He's really just embarrassed....hell....humiliated....that he was on his ass the whole first half!

I'll never forget that post-game interview someone posted where after asking him why he didn't just run the score up so high they couldn't possibly win and he replied, (paraphrasing of course), "Uh, yeah....I guess I shouldda done that."

Talk about the biggest tool. Try being classy ya douche-nozzle! Brady, like most everyone else we've beat this year was graceful and gave us props.

How's THAT for being a man - to all you Pack fans, as well as the teammates that questioned Golden Tate's "manhood" and even Christianity and whatnot.

Just STFU already.
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• I heard Rodgers comment on Sunday night pregame show. What a jerk! I hope we smash j
    the Packers for many years to come.
    largenutz
    NET Veteran

• Never been a big Bears fan, always respected their great D's. Brian has always been a class act.
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• i can't believe how much i fricken hate aaron rogers, ever since he did his little shoot em up bang bang move witht his fingers during our game, my hatred has begun to increase.. now after his comments yesterday... i've got to put him right there just under haurbaugh, as my top two.... i want the packers in the playoff's, settle this sh*t once and for all...

side note: Colin Kaeperneck or however you spell his name, is fricken weird looking.. got like a alien shaped dome with that ridiculously stupid looking chin hair... oh and he runs funny, effective!!! but funny...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Funny how we've gone from being a "soft" team to be a "chippy" one in the space of two seasons.

You know, we don't fight back and are chicken.

Then, cause we do fight back we're chippy. These assholes are getting their hard nosed football asses shoved around the field and the only way they can handle it is whine?

:roll:
    So close to the real thing.
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Was Aaron Rodgers always such a whiny little twerp or is this a new thing for him this year? He whined about the Seahawks game, his 60 Minutes interview, Jermichael Finley... seems like every week he's whining about something new. Next he'll probably start whining about how he's portrayed in those State Farm commercials.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I quit doing business with State Farm and Pizza Hut because of the Cry Baby commercials. The funny thing is I never heard anyone on the '05 Seahawks whine about the officiating in XL as much as the Packers have been bitching about that Monday night game.
    Jayburd14
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• I spent last weekend hanging out with Packers fans. They were visiting family of a really good friend of ours. Very friendly people and 'the game' came up after my husband mentioned that I am a Seahawk fan. They questioned the catch but the conversation didn't linger there. BTW, they LOVE Russ. They said everyone still loves him from Wisconsin. They wish the Packers had drafted him. lol. I don't understand all the hate here. Being from Michigan in Lion country there are a lot of Packer and Bear fans out here on the west side of the state. I have generally never met a Packer fan like you all insist there are. The certain team members after that game were whiney but it has since gone away. I didn't see the Rogers comments so I can't comment on any attitude. I think everyone just needs to not give a crap what a few idiots think. All fan bases have them, including ours.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Shadowhawk wrote:Was Aaron Rodgers always such a whiny little twerp or is this a new thing for him this year? He whined about the Seahawks game, his 60 Minutes interview, Jermichael Finley... seems like every week he's whining about something new. Next he'll probably start whining about how he's portrayed in those State Farm commercials.

That's just who he is. Here he's whining about TMZ reporting on him backing out of a bet.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/11/aaron-rod ... ssing-out/
    Jac
    NET Veteran

• Seahwkgal wrote:I spent last weekend hanging out with Packers fans. They were visiting family of a really good friend of ours. Very friendly people and 'the game' came up after my husband mentioned that I am a Seahawk fan. They questioned the catch but the conversation didn't linger there. BTW, they LOVE Russ. They said everyone still loves him from Wisconsin. They wish the Packers had drafted him. lol. I don't understand all the hate here. Being from Michigan in Lion country there are a lot of Packer and Bear fans out here on the west side of the state. I have generally never met a Packer fan like you all insist there are. The certain team members after that game were whiney but it has since gone away. I didn't see the Rogers comments so I can't comment on any attitude. I think everyone just needs to not give a crap what a few idiots think. All fan bases have them, including ours.

I live near NFC North country, and I can say that Packers fans are far more tolerable on the whole than Bears fans and Lions fans are. (I'm furthest away from Minnesota, so I don't have nearly as much experience in dealing with Vikings fans.)
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

• Seahwkgal wrote:I spent last weekend hanging out with Packers fans. They were visiting family of a really good friend of ours. Very friendly people and 'the game' came up after my husband mentioned that I am a Seahawk fan. They questioned the catch but the conversation didn't linger there. BTW, they LOVE Russ. They said everyone still loves him from Wisconsin. They wish the Packers had drafted him. lol. I don't understand all the hate here. Being from Michigan in Lion country there are a lot of Packer and Bear fans out here on the west side of the state. I have generally never met a Packer fan like you all insist there are. The certain team members after that game were whiney but it has since gone away. I didn't see the Rogers comments so I can't comment on any attitude. I think everyone just needs to not give a crap what a few idiots think. All fan bases have them, including ours.

No doubt you have a more direct, and therefore more acurate, look at fans with you actually living out there. I can only get a long distance picture, reading fan comments and players quotes over the internet - not just for the Packers but also for my Hawks fandom, living down her in (ironically enough) Whiner's country :49ersmall: . I have to admit most of my impression comes from the first couple days after the game when nerves were especially raw, but I still read football fans all over message boards (pretty much of all stripe not Seahawks fans) griping vociferously about it, to the point where you'd think it was a Superbowl they were "robbed" of (as if those are in ANY way equivalent).

I'm just tired of it, and looking forward to when we can beat them decisively (like Radish was saying in another thread).
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information