Rainbows and Lolipops

rjdriver

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":39lt4tx8 said:
Aros":39lt4tx8 said:
Thought I'd share this quote from RW at the post game presser. God I love this kid.

"I went to the huddle and just told the guys, this is what the season comes down to. Right here. Right now. We've got 97 yards to go. We've got to play one play at a time, stay in the now and just make the plays when we need them."

Soooo, reminds me of the comments Joe Montana was quoted as saying when he led the 49ers on Super Bowl winning drives back in the 80's.

Except John Candy wasn't in the stands to point out.

The quote was Montana, the drive was Elway vs. Browns, same distance , same result. AWESOME

JSeahawks

Reaction score
3rd best QB in huddle speech of all time.

1st: I know you're tired, i know youre hurt and I wish I could say something thats inspirational, but that just wouldnt be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever!"

2nd: Lets put the women and children to bed and go lookin for dinner!

3rd: This is what the season comes down to. Right here. Right now. We've got 97 yards to go. We've got to play one play at a time, stay in the now and just make the plays when we need them

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
rjdriver":72j87zrc said:
Jazzhawk":72j87zrc said:
Aros":72j87zrc said:
Thought I'd share this quote from RW at the post game presser. God I love this kid.

"I went to the huddle and just told the guys, this is what the season comes down to. Right here. Right now. We've got 97 yards to go. We've got to play one play at a time, stay in the now and just make the plays when we need them."

Soooo, reminds me of the comments Joe Montana was quoted as saying when he led the 49ers on Super Bowl winning drives back in the 80's.

Except John Candy wasn't in the stands to point out.

The quote was Montana, the drive was Elway vs. Browns, same distance , same result. AWESOME
My reference was to what Joe Montana said to the guys when they were behind in the 1988 Super Bowl against the Bengals and Joe led them on the game winning drive with a 10 yard TD pass to John Taylor. I basically said the same thing to those guys and was praised for his poise and calm demeanor.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Aros":2ev5a2iy said:
Indeed. Incredible leadership, poise, ice flowing through his veins, seems to prefer tight, close games...This guy is as close to perfect as I could hope for out of my quarterback.

Yup. I decided today that my next jersey will be a Wilson jersey. I think he's going to be around for a while.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":jfn7g6v2 said:
3rd best QB in huddle speech of all time.

1st: I know you're tired, i know youre hurt and I wish I could say something thats inspirational, but that just wouldnt be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever!"

2nd: Lets put the women and children to bed and go lookin for dinner!

3rd: This is what the season comes down to. Right here. Right now. We've got 97 yards to go. We've got to play one play at a time, stay in the now and just make the plays when we need them

Good thing I read the whole thread. This was where I was headed.

zhawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":2m8b433b said:
Word. Totally rolling in unicorn poop over here.

you just made me forget any other comment in this thread rotflol!

zhawk

Reaction score
jesterhawk1st: I know you're tired, i know youre hurt and I wish I could say something thats inspirational, but that just wouldnt be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever!"

shane falco... awesome