Seahawk Stock Market: Who's Trending Up/Down

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Trending Up:

--Seahawks offense
    --Russell Wilson - Duh
    --Sidney Rice - Really hope the concussion like blow didn't derail him. He's been developing a nice report with RW.
    --Golden Tate - Money today. Someone said earlier they were glad we didn't give up on him and you can put me in that boat as well.
    --Marshawn Lynch - Some nice hard runs today.
    --Special Teams - John Ryan was money, money today. Leon didn't get any true chances, but took care of the football.
    --Seahawks mental toughness. Offense took a huge step today, Defense took a huge step back. 99 yard drive coupled with a ridiculously bone headed gaffe with 12 seconds left. However, RW comes back on the road and marches the team down to the win.

Trending Down:
    --Seahawks Defense - Duh
    --Bobby Wagner - I know his Stats, DVOA, etc. are great. But the middle of the field is getting destroyed and the defenses are attacking him.
    --Seahawks O line - Russell made them look better than they were today with his scrambling ability. Kid was running for his life. In their defense Lynch made some nice runs with big holes
    --Seahawks D Line - That was one of the worst O lines we were playing against and we got zero pressure. Bruce did something twice. Besides that, just running past the QB does nothing.

I know I'm missing a lot, but I'm excited and I need to write some emails.
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

• Trending down (although he was pretty low to begin): Bruce Irvin. Mentioned once today because he had a penalty called against him. When can we start calling him a bust?
    Milhawkee
    NET Bench Warmer

• Milhawkee wrote:Trending down (although he was pretty low to begin): Bruce Irvin. Mentioned once today because he had a penalty called against him. When can we start calling him a bust?

:34853_doh:
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• You're kidding right ?

Posts like that are too terrible to make me laugh. We call a rookie a bust halfway through a season, one with 7 sacks ??

With that philosophy, we'd never have Tate making plays and winning the game for us today. We'd never have Wilson wining the game for us.....he'd be on the bench already.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Milhawkee wrote:Trending down (although he was pretty low to begin): Bruce Irvin. Mentioned once today because he had a penalty called against him. When can we start calling him a bust?

You're a bust.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Milhawkee wrote:Trending down (although he was pretty low to begin): Bruce Irvin. Mentioned once today because he had a penalty called against him. When can we start calling him a bust?

You're a bust.

Beat me to it.
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

LOL.........smh.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• falcongoggles wrote:Trending Up:

--Sidney Rice - Really hope the concussion like blow didn't derail him. He's been developing a nice report with RW.

GRAMMAR POLICE:

*rapport
    Once upon a time Little Red Manninghood,
    went for a walk in the forest.
    She was never seen again.
    End of story

*NorthHawk's view of SB XLVIII
    rpmischris
    NET Starter

• Bruce Irvin a bust? In his rookie season? Chris Clemons has 8 sacks, Bruce has 7, which LEADS THE NFL among rookies! Next closest is Chandler Jones with 6 and all others have no more than 3! How exactly is he a bust?!
    thehands816
    NET Practice Squad

• thehands816 wrote:Bruce Irvin a bust? In his rookie season? Chris Clemons has 8 sacks, Bruce has 7, which LEADS THE NFL among rookies! Next closest is Chandler Jones with 6 and all others have no more than 3! How exactly is he a bust?!

Too many of those sacks came in the first half of the year. Offenses have figured him out.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• In fairness to Wagner, a lot of OC's target him specifically for two reasons that have nothing to do with his potential: a) because he's a rookie, b) because Browner and Sherman are shutting down everything on the outside. Those two factors have made it tough on him.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Walter Thurmon has to be trending up. No slot receiver killing us today.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

You've lost all credibility that you haven't earned.

.NET Pick The Score - 1st Season

"Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Augusta, GA (Road Hawk)

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    thehands816 wrote:Bruce Irvin a bust? In his rookie season? Chris Clemons has 8 sacks, Bruce has 7, which LEADS THE NFL among rookies! Next closest is Chandler Jones with 6 and all others have no more than 3! How exactly is he a bust?!

Too many of those sacks came in the first half of the year. Offenses have figured him out.

:177692:

.NET Pick The Score - 1st Season

"Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Augusta, GA (Road Hawk)

:)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Red Bryant, trending down for me. I love the guy and its not necessarily Red Bryant himself, but just his position at DE. I'm starting to think we need somebody far more athletic at that position on 1st and 2nd downs. Whenever the opposition chooses to throw on 1st or 2nd down we basically have 1 guy who is able to rush the passer which just isnt cutting it.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Trending down: Wagner
    Kam Chancellor (better this game but I'm talking about all season)
    Bradley (game plan against Marshall was horrible)
    Braylon Edwards (besides 1st game, he's been nonexistent. Injuries or whatever. Horrible effort on his first target)
    Sherman (my favorite Seahawk but the Adderall issue and his decision to try to intercept instead of knocking down the pass was frustrating)
    Trending up:
    Tate
    Baldwin (slow.season due to injuries I know)
    Malcolm Smith (noticed him a couple times today. Usually that's a bad thing, but it was because he made a couple good plays)
    Rice (knew he'd be good if healthy. Taken some big shots today and all season and got back up.)
    Last edited by -The Glove- on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Trending down: .NET forum members
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Baldwin deserves a mention. He went back to being that third down converter of last year. Baldwin was one of the only things that got us through last season, and I don't think the game turns out the same way if he didn't make thAt 3rd and 12 a fourth and 3. He also had a clutch catch a play or two before the winning the to rice. Love ya Doug #dbfresh
    Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore -peachesenregalia, jan 5, 2013
    seahawksfanatic000
    NET Starter

• Trending down: your weiners!!!

Haha!!!
    Slick
    NET Veteran

• I don't think it needs to be said but....................pass rushers are streaky.

Irvin needs to round out his game so he can be an every down player, but his pass rush ability isn't going anywhere.

Here's a real easy trending up: Okung.
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

Jack Dempsey
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    thehands816 wrote:Bruce Irvin a bust? In his rookie season? Chris Clemons has 8 sacks, Bruce has 7, which LEADS THE NFL among rookies! Next closest is Chandler Jones with 6 and all others have no more than 3! How exactly is he a bust?!

Where's the sarcasm sign?

Irvin was pretty much the only guy even coming close to getting pressure in the Chicago game. I think you've fallen into the trap of judging pass rush by sacks. He may not be Aldon Smith, but he's not the kind of guy teams can figure out. Either your RT has the athleticism to contain him, or they don't. And even when they do, Irvin has generated pressures basically as much or more than Clemons has. If I'm blaming anyone on this pass rush, it's Clemons who's sacks are on par with the norm but who's pressures have dropped off this year.

Remember too that a developmental freak athlete like Irvin is only going to get better, not worse. Usually those types of players do not start fast like Irvin has.
    Last edited by kearly on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• For what it's worth, Wagner has actually impressed me in recent weeks. Rather than a liability, he's looked like a difference maker. He should have had two picks in the Miami game, and his number seems pop up in plays more than anyone else. He's had some nice TFL's too. I haven't seen him get blocked out too badly- if anything he's improved on that area which was a minor weakness in college.

Trending up:

Russell Wilson: This is both obvious and old news.

O-line: I just don't understand the hate for the O-line: it's BY FAR the best unit since Steve Hutchinson left. They currently rank 6th in run blocking and 18th in pass protection (per FO). Moffitt and Giacomini specifically have shown marked improvement in the last month or so. Okung and Unger are having a pro-bowl level seasons. McQuistan and Carpenter are mixed but solid overall. This line has good depth too.

WRs: Sidney Rice is playing every bit as well as he did when he had 1300 yards receiving in 2009 (he's averaging 1 TD per 6 catches this year, which is really, really good and far better than his TD efficiency in 2009). Golden Tate continues to get better and is turning into a legit #2 WR. Doug Baldwin is dependable and Edwards is a very good #4. This group is making plays to win games, and has seemingly gotten better every game this season.

Jon Ryan:
    This might be Ryan's best season yet. The last time he had a touchback feels like ages ago.

Trending down:

Seahawks.net: It's been way too reactionary this season. This will likely be a playoff season with a winning record. Try to enjoy it. I don't even want to post here after losses, and I've noticed several prominent posters don't even do the service of showing up because as bad as the loss is, reading some of the post loss threads on .net is even worse.

D-line: I'm honestly not sure who to blame. Clemons is getting fewer pressures, but his sacks are on pace for double digits, so it's hard to complain. Irvin has been more consistent than people think, even if his sacks have dried up lately. Branch has looked good when I've watched him. Mebane can be dominant at times. Jason Jones has done a good job. I've never understood Red Bryant's role/value very well and still don't. And yet this line has really struggled in the last few games against both the pass and run. I blame Pete a little for this- he's relying too much on base pressure. This group can't get pressure with a 4 man rush unless they are playing at home where speed helps them a lot more.

Secondary: This secondary is not built for zone coverage- but for whatever reason Carroll has gone zone heavy in recent weeks and the results have been pretty terrible. Doing it on the road against good QBs probably wasn't smart timing either.

onanygivensunday wrote:Trending down: .NET forum members

Haha owned. :lol:
    Last edited by kearly on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:In fairness to Wagner, a lot of OC's target him specifically for two reasons that have nothing to do with his potential: a) because he's a rookie, b) because Browner and Sherman are shutting down everything on the outside. Those two factors have made it tough on him.

In fairness to Irvin, tackles target him specifically. Talk about a double standard for these two rookies. Why does Wagner warrant an excuse but not Irvin?
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

• XxxZagnutxxX wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:In fairness to Wagner, a lot of OC's target him specifically for two reasons that have nothing to do with his potential: a) because he's a rookie, b) because Browner and Sherman are shutting down everything on the outside. Those two factors have made it tough on him.

In fairness to Irvin, tackles target him specifically. Talk about a double standard for these two rookies. Why does Wagner warrant an excuse but not Irvin?

Because Irvin was a higher pick, much more controversial, and much more crucial to the success of the defense.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Oh ffs. Why are people so obsessed with labelling people a 'bust?'
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

• kearly wrote:Trending down:

Seahawks.net: It's been way too reactionary this season. This will likely be a playoff season with a winning record. Try to enjoy it. I don't even want to post here after losses, and I've noticed several prominent posters don't even do the service of showing up because as bad as the loss is, reading some of the post loss threads on .net is even worse.

:13: ;)
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

• SeaTown81 wrote:
    kearly wrote:Trending down:

:13: ;)

I use to travel some to ride roller coasters. Now I just come here. Thanks for the ride, everyone!
    AVL
    NET Starter

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:09 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information