Charlie Whitehurst trade looking pretty good now

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • That trade resulted in us somehow getting Golden Tate. Plus he got us in to the playoffs where we hosed the 'Aints :)
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Remember when people were clamoring for us to cut Tate in the 2011 preseason finale?

Idiots....
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• I would have at least considered cutting Tate early in 2011. He really was horrible back then. He couldn't block, he couldn't get open, he'd run backwards 5-10 yards after catching the football. He was an embarrassment. He's obviously the complete opposite of that player now. I have to give the coaching staff props for that. If there was ever a guy who screamed "lost cause", it was a young Golden Tate.

I'd have to think about it a bit, but he might get my vote for the most improved Seahawk I've ever seen. Max Unger would be in the running too.
    Last edited by kearly on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• I don't know, we had the 40th Pick that year, we could've easily taken Tate with that pick had we not did that trade.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Throwdown wrote:I don't know, we had the 40th Pick that year, we could've easily taken Tate with that pick had we not did that trade.

That plus we still lost a 3rd rounder. And it's not like CW carried the team on his back against the Rams.

In hindsight, I am so glad we won that game against the Rams though. Not just because of the Beastquake- but because if Seattle is picking 8th overall they would have likely drafted Blaine Gabbert. Gabbert was JS's #1 QB that year.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• By "got us into the playoffs" you mean somehow managed not to cause us to miss the playoffs.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• ivotuk wrote:That trade resulted in us somehow getting Golden Tate. Plus he got us in to the playoffs where we hosed the 'Aints :)

Can you please explain how he had anything to do with us drafting Golden ??
    TLD0550
    NET Starter

• I'm sure SD would do the trade again? Who's in?
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• kearly wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:I don't know, we had the 40th Pick that year, we could've easily taken Tate with that pick had we not did that trade.

That plus we still lost a 3rd rounder. And it's not like CW carried the team on his back against the Rams.

In hindsight, I am so glad we won that game against the Rams though. Not just because of the Beastquake- but because if Seattle is picking 8th overall they would have likely drafted Blaine Gabbert. Gabbert was JS's #1 QB that year.

dodged that bullet.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• TLD0550 wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:That trade resulted in us somehow getting Golden Tate. Plus he got us in to the playoffs where we hosed the 'Aints :)

Can you please explain how he had anything to do with us drafting Golden ??

What is it about "somehow" that you don't understand? lol
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Charlie had nothing to do with it so "somehow" just seems like an excuse of no facts somehow lol

I would say the only good thing he did for our club was buy us time to Get RW
    TLD0550
    NET Starter

It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:17 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information