Russell Wilson willed the team to that win.

nanomoz

Reaction score
rjdriver":2gmvr7ox said:
If the proverbial corner was turned today, this will go down as one of the most important Hawk wins in history. I mean that. We may have became a team today, a team that has an undisputed leader. Feels good to have the most important position in the league locked down for a number of years. Most would have mailed it in after that tying FG, RW indeed willed us to victory. I have never been so proud of a young QB. Just watched his interview.......as always.....talked about everyone BUT himself, and ended with Go Hawks!

I can't really say it any better than this. Partly, I find myself wondering if something clickled for this team . . . but partly I'm afraid they'll go take a shit in a game they should win.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
zhawk":nzqyikbz said:
HawKnPeppa":nzqyikbz said:
MontanaHawk05":nzqyikbz said:
The amazing thing is, he did it while still missing blatantly wide-open throws all over the place. Unbelievable competitor.

Ya know, it's possible he missed some open guys, but neither you nor Fudwamper knew the specifics of the plays and his read progressions, so how can you so emphatically say that?

here's the thing. he may have missed some wide open receivers. but does anyone here think he won't catch that in film study and begin looking for that play? also, I think it shows some understanding of how defenses try to will set a qb up and try to sabotage a throw for a pick.
This. Remember the kid's still only 12 games into his career. The instances of him missing open receivers will decline to near zero by his third year or so. It will happen even then though. It happens to all QBs, especially when they're pressured.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I don't know what exactly possessed me, but I decided to write in to ESPN's Mike and Mike (I sometimes catch their show of a morning). Here is the email ...

Dear Greenie,

I have no idea if Colbert is an NFL fan or not, but I can think of no better candidate for his "Alpha Dog of the Week" than Russell Wilson. Think about the magnitude of he just did this past weekend. He (a rookie) engineered not just 1 ... but 2 winning drives against the best defense in the NFL -- AT Soldier Field! Has he got an outside shot at Rookie of the Year?

Wonder if they'll read it.

drdiags

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":9ae7wukc said:
T-Sizzle":9ae7wukc said:
If RGIII had this exact performance the media would be all over it.

Regardless.... I think Russell should get a statue dedicated to him put up outside the Clink.

RG3 has been playing this well all season. He's deserved the accolades.

I just find it hilarious how someone on here always wants to turn it into a pissing match between Luck and Griffin who are both playing absolutely great this year. Why try to use Wilson's really great day to take away from that?

Players do the same thing. Well at least Richard Sherman, voice of the downtrodden and unappreciated lower round players:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-luck-robert-griffin-iii-rgiii-bears/1741687/

pehawk

Reaction score
drdiags":3qtao6us said:
Hasselbeck":3qtao6us said:
T-Sizzle":3qtao6us said:
If RGIII had this exact performance the media would be all over it.

Regardless.... I think Russell should get a statue dedicated to him put up outside the Clink.

RG3 has been playing this well all season. He's deserved the accolades.

I just find it hilarious how someone on here always wants to turn it into a pissing match between Luck and Griffin who are both playing absolutely great this year. Why try to use Wilson's really great day to take away from that?

Players do the same thing. Well at least Richard Sherman, voice of the downtrodden and unappreciated lower round players:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-luck-robert-griffin-iii-rgiii-bears/1741687/

This makes my day.

Bipolar

Reaction score
RW proved all the doubters wrong, and so did our WRs.
congrats everyone on a spectacular win against the dirty Bears.

I just got back home from Lambeau, after watching the Pack beat the crap out the Viqueens, it was priceless.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
jamsomatic":khf8eo9w said:
The best defense in the NFL? In my mind that belongs to San Fran.

Yes. Now I agree that a strong argument could be made for San Francisco having the best defense in the NFL (having seen both I actually agree with that) ... BUT, statistically speaking Football Outsiders in their most recent update had the Bears Defense ranked as being far and away the #1 defense in the NFL. It's hard to argue in looking at some of their numbers. BEFORE today's game that defense was ...

2nd Fewest in Points Allowed (15.9 Pts/Game)
2nd Best in Forced Fumbles (18)
#1 in Interceptions (with 20)
#1 in Interceptions Returned for TD's (7)
#1 in the NFL with a +13 Give Away/Take Away Margin
2nd in Fewest Rushing TD's allowed (only 3)
3rd Best in terms of 3rd Down Conversions Allowed (only allowed 32.4% of them to be converted).
5th in Most Sacks (30)
6th in Passing Yards/Game Allowed (210 Yards/Game)
8th in Rushing Yards/Game Allowed (96.9 Yards/Game)
10th in Tackles for Loss (37)

Just putting this all in perspective.

Latest posts