Major Wright better get a fine for that hit on Rice

ivotuk

Reaction score
That was a blow to the head that knocked him out and was absolute bullshit. He was already across the line, no reason for that kind of hit. He LAID in to Sidney's head with his left shoulder.

Edit to change penalty to fine.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I didn't like it either, but...he was within inches of causing a game-saving fumble. Rice certainly wasn't in when Wright began to tee off. If it was one of our guys who executed that hit, I would defend him to death. He had to sell out to try to keep his team from losing.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I doubt this will happen, being that it was the end of the game and because we are the Seahawks.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
I hope not, these fines and penalties on players are starting to annoy me. As long as its not a dirty move like Suh kicking Schaub in the the nuts, let them play some gotdamn football. They need to start fining these refs

JKent82

Reaction score
Shouldn't get fined. Sidney lowered his head, hit just as he was crossing the goal line.

But he might get fined.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
This was just posted sounds like Rice maybe ok

@espn_nfcwest: Sidney Rice seemed completely normal during postgame interviews. No indication at all he'd taken a big hit.

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
hawksfan515":3sonqpe8 said:
I would hate it if he was fined for that. He did his job. Rice just didn't protect himself well enough.

It was a solid application of shoulder to helmet and legal. I dont like the presumed attempt to concuss our guy but if it was one of The Legion we woulda loved it or loved the attempt cuz it was TD babe!

grizbob

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2g5qrikp said:
I would hate it if he was fined for that. He did his job. Rice just didn't protect himself well enough.

I don't know about that, just now saw the hit on espn, if he protected himself he probably wouldn't have scored. He sacrificed his body for the play.

hawker84

Reaction score
to me it looked like his shoulder hit him in the back of the neck not the helmet, but i think it was a good defensive play, trying to disrupt the pass.. i don't think it was illegal... hate to see sid get bucked like that, but welcome to the NFL... Sid my man you're a warrior....

Tical21

Reaction score
Clean hit. Rice gave him nothing to hit but his head, and the defensive player clearly went in with his shoulder.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
When I first saw the play I thought it was a crap no-call. After I saw highlights, I'm saying it was a good no-call. He hit Rice in the neck-shoulders area with his body, and rice ducked down, helping to cause the hit. I don't like saying he shouldn't get called, but I'm kinda tired of all the pussy calls the refs are calling, so I am not calling for any ref heads on this. Now, ask me about the Edwards TD call overturn and I come to you with a different point of view......

grizbob

Reaction score
Can't help but think if it was reversed the Hawks would have been flagged :stirthepot:

Latest posts