Russell Wilson willed the team to that win.

gargantual

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":4p8kh7lo said:
To those saying "if only he was two inches taller..."

he wouldn't be as elusive in running if he was taller. His height is a blessing in disguise.

Also, he does a great job selling the fake handoff because of his height. Those are key plays that have stretched the field in numerous drives.
Yeah, I'm starting to think that any liabilities due to his height are offset by other benefits.

Game and match.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Russell "Will It" Wilson.

As in telling your great grandkids, "Old 'Will It' Wilson, he imposed his will on the game. When we needed a win, he would will it to happen."

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
With 3:40 left in regulation and the Hawks down 4 points, 10-14, starting at their own 3 yard line, I said to my wife after pausing the DVR...

"This drive will define the rest of the season for the Seahawks". And it did, imo.

And OMFG, did Wilson come through... a 97 yard TD drive... simply AMAZING!!

And then to come back in OT and have another TD drive... this one 80 yards... to win the game... AMAZING AGAIN!!

And I especially love that we didn't let Chicago have the ball in OT.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
This may be a completely, utterly, and totally unfair assessment ... but I almost got the sense like Russell Wilson said to himself, "I don't care WHAT Darrell Bevell just called -- we're doing THIS." I especially felt like that on his scrambles when he called his own number. I really DO believe that he (Wilson) is the singular reason that we won because of HIS calls. That might be totally off -- it was just the sense that I got. Any of you guys get that same sense?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":24u3n7ka said:
This may be a completely, utterly, and totally unfair assessment ... but I almost got the sense like Russell Wilson said to himself, "I don't care WHAT Darrell Bevell just called -- we're doing THIS." I especially felt like that on his scrambles when he called his own number. I really DO believe that he (Wilson) is the singular reason that we won because of HIS calls. That might be totally off -- it was just the sense that I got. Any of you guys get that same sense?

BINGO! That is the name of this thread! Russell put the game on his shoulders and "made it so"!

mrblitz

Reaction score
if nothing else, this is the nfl season where starting a rookie doesn't look like too big a risk.

russell for the win!

gargantual

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1m5831al said:
Yes.

...and sometimes a QB just has to do that (ala Hass in the first playoff game in '05). Love it as it happens but also scares me. Don't want him sacrificing himself for a win.

Please don't get hurt m'man.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Bigpumpkin":2ajkpkmn said:
Hawkscanner":2ajkpkmn said:

BINGO! That is the name of this thread! Russell put the game on his shoulders and "made it so"!

Yep. And when they finally trust him to really open it up and play his game, he'll be even better. We're starting to see the beginning of how good he can be, and he isn't letting us down. He's as smart a quarterback as I've seen in a long time.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":3lmpbm8r said:
Oh and one more thing: THIS is the Russell Wilson that we saw in the pre-season! Back when they let him do whatever he wanted to comPETE for the job.

Kudos to Pete for being true to his word and opening the whole playbook.
LOLOL, That little train that could, should be saying, "I damn sure can, I damn sure can, I damn sure can"

Third rounder??, that was the steal of the whole damned draft, PC and JS knew it, and now, so does everybody else.
That's what, 19 TD's so far now?
Rice, Tate and Baldwin have dialed into the same frequency as Wilson, and next Season, with continuety? look out!

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1q40w11c said:
Hawkscanner":1q40w11c said:

To me, it's like he said, "Boys -- we are NOT going down. NOT TODAY." Kinda like that scene from Rocky IV (I think it was) when Rocky is getting absolutely pummeled ... and Apollo Creed's former trainer is screaming, "Don't go down! ... don't go down!" That's what kept going through my mind what Wilson was saying to his team. THAT's leadership boys!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
sturg78":1dq2k787 said:
TIL Russell Wilson is short because his giant balls loaded his growth plates as an adolescent.

Yep, they're called, "INDUSTRIAL SIZE BALLS" lol

HawkFan72

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":176fci5x said:
0 interceptions in 3 games, 2 of which have been on the road. Wow.

He hasn't thrown a pick in the last FOUR games. give the man his due!

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I love this kid! What he lacks in size he makes up in heart and smarts.

KillerB

Reaction score
Not unlike Kwai Chang Caine and the rice paper, Snake Eyes Wilson walked all over the Bears and did not leave a mark.

olyfan63

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":kweuvbt5 said:
Regardless - if he continues similarly - this is the greatest single season by a QB in Seahawk history. Period. 2005 Hass would be the only one that comes close.

Warren Moon had a pretty good year in 1997, 25 TD's (18 INT's), 3600+ yards.

zhawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":26u3hg5p said:
MontanaHawk05":26u3hg5p said:
The amazing thing is, he did it while still missing blatantly wide-open throws all over the place. Unbelievable competitor.

Ya know, it's possible he missed some open guys, but neither you nor Fudwamper knew the specifics of the plays and his read progressions, so how can you so emphatically say that?

here's the thing. he may have missed some wide open receivers. but does anyone here think he won't catch that in film study and begin looking for that play? also, I think it shows some understanding of how defenses try to will set a qb up and try to sabotage a throw for a pick.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
there-will-come-a-day-when-the-strength-of-men-wil1.jpg

Russell Wilson: "Hold your ground, hold your ground! Fellow Seahawks, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you *stand, Men of the West!*"