Russell Wilson willed the team to that win.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Hawken-Dazs wrote:To those saying "if only he was two inches taller..."

he wouldn't be as elusive in running if he was taller. His height is a blessing in disguise.

Also, he does a great job selling the fake handoff because of his height. Those are key plays that have stretched the field in numerous drives.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that any liabilities due to his height are offset by other benefits.

Game and match.
    "John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
    man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• Russell "Will It" Wilson.

As in telling your great grandkids, "Old 'Will It' Wilson, he imposed his will on the game. When we needed a win, he would will it to happen."
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• With 3:40 left in regulation and the Hawks down 4 points, 10-14, starting at their own 3 yard line, I said to my wife after pausing the DVR...

"This drive will define the rest of the season for the Seahawks". And it did, imo.

And OMFG, did Wilson come through... a 97 yard TD drive... simply AMAZING!!

And then to come back in OT and have another TD drive... this one 80 yards... to win the game... AMAZING AGAIN!!

And I especially love that we didn't let Chicago have the ball in OT.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• All with our back-up QB.

I can't wait until Flynn's arm is healthy!!!!!
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

• onanygivensunday wrote:And I especially love that we didn't let Chicago have the ball in OT.

That part is really sweet, isn't it?
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• This may be a completely, utterly, and totally unfair assessment ... but I almost got the sense like Russell Wilson said to himself, "I don't care WHAT Darrell Bevell just called -- we're doing THIS." I especially felt like that on his scrambles when he called his own number. I really DO believe that he (Wilson) is the singular reason that we won because of HIS calls. That might be totally off -- it was just the sense that I got. Any of you guys get that same sense?
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• Hawkscanner wrote:This may be a completely, utterly, and totally unfair assessment ... but I almost got the sense like Russell Wilson said to himself, "I don't care WHAT Darrell Bevell just called -- we're doing THIS." I especially felt like that on his scrambles when he called his own number. I really DO believe that he (Wilson) is the singular reason that we won because of HIS calls. That might be totally off -- it was just the sense that I got. Any of you guys get that same sense?

BINGO! That is the name of this thread! Russell put the game on his shoulders and "made it so"!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• EastCoastHawksFan wrote:he completes me.

He completes passes.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• if nothing else, this is the nfl season where starting a rookie doesn't look like too big a risk.

russell for the win!
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

• Hawkscanner wrote:This may be a completely, utterly, and totally unfair assessment ... but I almost got the sense like Russell Wilson said to himself, "I don't care WHAT Darrell Bevell just called -- we're doing THIS." I especially felt like that on his scrambles when he called his own number. I really DO believe that he (Wilson) is the singular reason that we won because of HIS calls. That might be totally off -- it was just the sense that I got. Any of you guys get that same sense?

Yes.

...and sometimes a QB just has to do that (ala Hass in the first playoff game in '05). Love it as it happens but also scares me. Don't want him sacrificing himself for a win.

Please don't get hurt m'man.
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• Bigpumpkin wrote:
    Hawkscanner wrote:This may be a completely, utterly, and totally unfair assessment ... but I almost got the sense like Russell Wilson said to himself, "I don't care WHAT Darrell Bevell just called -- we're doing THIS." I especially felt like that on his scrambles when he called his own number. I really DO believe that he (Wilson) is the singular reason that we won because of HIS calls. That might be totally off -- it was just the sense that I got. Any of you guys get that same sense?

BINGO! That is the name of this thread! Russell put the game on his shoulders and "made it so"!

Yep. And when they finally trust him to really open it up and play his game, he'll be even better. We're starting to see the beginning of how good he can be, and he isn't letting us down. He's as smart a quarterback as I've seen in a long time.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Trenchbroom wrote:Oh and one more thing: THIS is the Russell Wilson that we saw in the pre-season! Back when they let him do whatever he wanted to comPETE for the job.

Kudos to Pete for being true to his word and opening the whole playbook.

LOLOL, That little train that could, should be saying, "I damn sure can, I damn sure can, I damn sure can"

Third rounder??, that was the steal of the whole damned draft, PC and JS knew it, and now, so does everybody else.
    That's what, 19 TD's so far now?
    Rice, Tate and Baldwin have dialed into the same frequency as Wilson, and next Season, with continuety? look out!
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Bigpumpkin wrote:
    Hawkscanner wrote:This may be a completely, utterly, and totally unfair assessment ... but I almost got the sense like Russell Wilson said to himself, "I don't care WHAT Darrell Bevell just called -- we're doing THIS." I especially felt like that on his scrambles when he called his own number. I really DO believe that he (Wilson) is the singular reason that we won because of HIS calls. That might be totally off -- it was just the sense that I got. Any of you guys get that same sense?

To me, it's like he said, "Boys -- we are NOT going down. NOT TODAY." Kinda like that scene from Rocky IV (I think it was) when Rocky is getting absolutely pummeled ... and Apollo Creed's former trainer is screaming, "Don't go down! ... don't go down!" That's what kept going through my mind what Wilson was saying to his team. THAT's leadership boys!
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• sturg78 wrote:TIL Russell Wilson is short because his giant balls loaded his growth plates as an adolescent.

Yep, they're called, "INDUSTRIAL SIZE BALLS" lol
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• WindCityHawk wrote:0 interceptions in 3 games, 2 of which have been on the road. Wow.

He hasn't thrown a pick in the last FOUR games. give the man his due!
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• I love this kid! What he lacks in size he makes up in heart and smarts.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

• Not unlike Kwai Chang Caine and the rice paper, Snake Eyes Wilson walked all over the Bears and did not leave a mark.
    SeaChase wrote:One thing I noticed,well in my opinion,is that Wilson isnt a good passer.
    KillerB
    NET Rookie

• TDOTSEAHAWK wrote:Regardless - if he continues similarly - this is the greatest single season by a QB in Seahawk history. Period. 2005 Hass would be the only one that comes close.

Warren Moon had a pretty good year in 1997, 25 TD's (18 INT's), 3600+ yards.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• HawKnPeppa wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:The amazing thing is, he did it while still missing blatantly wide-open throws all over the place. Unbelievable competitor.

Ya know, it's possible he missed some open guys, but neither you nor Fudwamper knew the specifics of the plays and his read progressions, so how can you so emphatically say that?

here's the thing. he may have missed some wide open receivers. but does anyone here think he won't catch that in film study and begin looking for that play? also, I think it shows some understanding of how defenses try to will set a qb up and try to sabotage a throw for a pick.
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

Russell Wilson: "Hold your ground, hold your ground! Fellow Seahawks, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you *stand, Men of the West!*"
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• TDOTSEAHAWK wrote:All with our back-up QB.

I can't wait until Flynn's arm is healthy!!!!!

:13: :13: :13: :13: that is what I am saying as well
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• rjdriver wrote:If the proverbial corner was turned today, this will go down as one of the most important Hawk wins in history. I mean that. We may have became a team today, a team that has an undisputed leader. Feels good to have the most important position in the league locked down for a number of years. Most would have mailed it in after that tying FG, RW indeed willed us to victory. I have never been so proud of a young QB. Just watched his interview.......as always.....talked about everyone BUT himself, and ended with Go Hawks!

I can't really say it any better than this. Partly, I find myself wondering if something clickled for this team . . . but partly I'm afraid they'll go take a shit in a game they should win.
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• zhawk wrote:
    HawKnPeppa wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:The amazing thing is, he did it while still missing blatantly wide-open throws all over the place. Unbelievable competitor.

Ya know, it's possible he missed some open guys, but neither you nor Fudwamper knew the specifics of the plays and his read progressions, so how can you so emphatically say that?

here's the thing. he may have missed some wide open receivers. but does anyone here think he won't catch that in film study and begin looking for that play? also, I think it shows some understanding of how defenses try to will set a qb up and try to sabotage a throw for a pick.

This. Remember the kid's still only 12 games into his career. The instances of him missing open receivers will decline to near zero by his third year or so. It will happen even then though. It happens to all QBs, especially when they're pressured.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• JSeahawks wrote:Legendary.

flying in and looking forward to some DVR time and see all this!
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

• I don't know what exactly possessed me, but I decided to write in to ESPN's Mike and Mike (I sometimes catch their show of a morning). Here is the email ...

Dear Greenie,

I have no idea if Colbert is an NFL fan or not, but I can think of no better candidate for his "Alpha Dog of the Week" than Russell Wilson. Think about the magnitude of he just did this past weekend. He (a rookie) engineered not just 1 ... but 2 winning drives against the best defense in the NFL -- AT Soldier Field! Has he got an outside shot at Rookie of the Year?

Wonder if they'll read it.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• The best defense in the NFL? In my mind that belongs to San Fran.
    'The bevell is in the details.' -BFS
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter

• Hasselbeck wrote:
    T-Sizzle wrote:If RGIII had this exact performance the media would be all over it.

Regardless.... I think Russell should get a statue dedicated to him put up outside the Clink.

RG3 has been playing this well all season. He's deserved the accolades.

I just find it hilarious how someone on here always wants to turn it into a pissing match between Luck and Griffin who are both playing absolutely great this year. Why try to use Wilson's really great day to take away from that?

Players do the same thing. Well at least Richard Sherman, voice of the downtrodden and unappreciated lower round players:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/seahawks/2012/12/02/richard-sherman-russell-wilson-andrew-luck-robert-griffin-iii-rgiii-bears/1741687/
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• drdiags wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:
    T-Sizzle wrote:If RGIII had this exact performance the media would be all over it.

Regardless.... I think Russell should get a statue dedicated to him put up outside the Clink.

RG3 has been playing this well all season. He's deserved the accolades.

I just find it hilarious how someone on here always wants to turn it into a pissing match between Luck and Griffin who are both playing absolutely great this year. Why try to use Wilson's really great day to take away from that?

Players do the same thing. Well at least Richard Sherman, voice of the downtrodden and unappreciated lower round players:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/seahawks/2012/12/02/richard-sherman-russell-wilson-andrew-luck-robert-griffin-iii-rgiii-bears/1741687/

This makes my day.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• RW proved all the doubters wrong, and so did our WRs.
    congrats everyone on a spectacular win against the dirty Bears.

I just got back home from Lambeau, after watching the Pack beat the crap out the Viqueens, it was priceless.
    Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire
    Bipolar
    NET Veteran

• jamsomatic wrote:The best defense in the NFL? In my mind that belongs to San Fran.

Yes. Now I agree that a strong argument could be made for San Francisco having the best defense in the NFL (having seen both I actually agree with that) ... BUT, statistically speaking Football Outsiders in their most recent update had the Bears Defense ranked as being far and away the #1 defense in the NFL. It's hard to argue in looking at some of their numbers. BEFORE today's game that defense was ...

2nd Fewest in Points Allowed (15.9 Pts/Game)
    2nd Best in Forced Fumbles (18)
    #1 in Interceptions (with 20)
    #1 in Interceptions Returned for TD's (7)
    #1 in the NFL with a +13 Give Away/Take Away Margin
    2nd in Fewest Rushing TD's allowed (only 3)
    3rd Best in terms of 3rd Down Conversions Allowed (only allowed 32.4% of them to be converted).
    5th in Most Sacks (30)
    6th in Passing Yards/Game Allowed (210 Yards/Game)
    8th in Rushing Yards/Game Allowed (96.9 Yards/Game)
    10th in Tackles for Loss (37)

Just putting this all in perspective.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• I Believe.
    " There's levelz 2 these bezzles"
    HommyHawk
    NET Rookie

Previous

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]