Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:31 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
I expect it to look like this when its announced tomorrow:

Title Game: Alabama vs Notre Dame.... Will Notre Dame score? Will they make it past the 50 yard line?

Rose Bowl: Stanford vs Wisconsin... they should bring back Keith jackson for this game and air it in black and white because its going to be a total retro, throwback, 1960's style football game. Stanford should win.

Fiesta Bowl: Oregon vs Kansas State.... I love this matchup for the Ducks. I dont think K STate can hang with UO's speed. Baylor put up 52 on them. The Ducks are Baylor with a much better defense. Ducks win in a blowout.

Sugar Bowl: Oklahoma vs Florida... Great offense vs Great defense. I'm going to predict a minor upset with Oklahoma winning.

Orange Bowl: Florida State vs Louisville... Not a very exciting matchup. FSU wins.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:57 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Sounds like UW might be going to the Vegas Bowl to play Boise State. Although of course thats not set in stone yet.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:39 pm 
* NET Nobody *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
Posts: 7596
I'm calling it now, Notre Dame wins in a close one. Georgia exposed the weaknesses of Alabama today and overall, Notre Dame has a better defensive line that Georgia. Georgia has a couple of Superstars, but they don't have the cohesive line that the Fighting Irish have. The fear of being unbeatable has left the Alabama mystique that once surrounded it and opposing teams are no longer intimidated. If anything, the Crimson Tide players may be starting to doubt their invinicibility being beat by Johnny Football and despite running all over them, almost being beat by a team that can throw the ball in the Bulldogs.

Alabama hasn't faced a team like Notre Dame with it's offensive firepower, and I believe that will be their downfall. Notre Dame wins 28 - 21

_________________
RELEASE THE KRAKEN! (FREE BROWNER!)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:43 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
ivotuk wrote:
I'm calling it now, Notre Dame wins in a close one. Georgia exposed the weaknesses of Alabama today and overall, Notre Dame has a better defensive line that Georgia. Georgia has a couple of Superstars, but they don't have the cohesive line that the Fighting Irish have. The fear of being unbeatable has left the Alabama mystique that once surrounded it and opposing teams are no longer intimidated. If anything, the Crimson Tide players may be starting to doubt their invinicibility being beat by Johnny Football and despite running all over them, almost being beat by a team that can throw the ball in the Bulldogs.

Alabama hasn't faced a team like Notre Dame with it's offensive firepower, and I believe that will be their downfall. Notre Dame wins 28 - 21


Did you really just say Notre Dame and offensive fire power in the same sentence? Where exactly do you see this fire power? I'd say they're the opposite of an "offensive firepower" type team. If anything they're a team thats carried by their defense. (and by officiating at times).

The only way Notre Dame wins is if Alabama spends hte next month listening to how easily they're going to win and comes in completely flat. And I dont even think this Alabama team is nearly as good as the Alabama teams of the last couple years.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:28 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 10:45 am
Posts: 276
Location: Tri-Cities, WA
JSeahawks wrote:
I expect it to look like this when its announced tomorrow:

Title Game: Alabama vs Notre Dame.... Will Notre Dame score? Will they make it past the 50 yard line?

Rose Bowl: Stanford vs Wisconsin... they should bring back Keith jackson for this game and air it in black and white because its going to be a total retro, throwback, 1960's style football game. Stanford should win.

Fiesta Bowl: Oregon vs Kansas State.... I love this matchup for the Ducks. I dont think K STate can hang with UO's speed. Baylor put up 52 on them. The Ducks are Baylor with a much better defense. Ducks win in a blowout.

Sugar Bowl: Oklahoma vs Florida... Great offense vs Great defense. I'm going to predict a minor upset with Oklahoma winning.

Orange Bowl: Florida State vs Louisville... Not a very exciting matchup. FSU wins.

Ouch.... No Oklahoma won't beat my Gators. Personally I wanted you guys, but Fiesta Bowl gets first pick and they'll pick Oregon.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:30 pm 
* NET Cynic *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
Posts: 3507
Location: St. Louis, MO
ESPN is reporting that Northern Illinois got into the BCS over Oklahoma.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:35 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
Posts: 5370
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Rat wrote:
ESPN is reporting that Northern Illinois got into the BCS over Oklahoma.

Yeah, CBS Sports is saying NIU will play Florida State in the Orange Bowl.

_________________
Image
You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:37 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
I like that NIU got in. I know I'm alone, but I like to see the NIU's stack up...kind of what its about for me. Besides, all BCS schools can go if they win, so Oklahoma has noone but themselves too blame.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:43 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
pehawk wrote:
I like that NIU got in. I know I'm alone, but I like to see the NIU's stack up...kind of what its about for me. Besides, all BCS schools can go if they win, so Oklahoma has noone but themselves too blame.


Man, i hate it. Now both the Sugar Bowl and the Orange Bowl are completely uninteresting to me. If they had to stick Northern Illinois in there I wish they would have matched them up with Louisville so they made just one boring game rather then two.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:44 pm 
* NET Cynic *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
Posts: 3507
Location: St. Louis, MO
pehawk wrote:
I like that NIU got in. I know I'm alone, but I like to see the NIU's stack up...kind of what its about for me. Besides, all BCS schools can go if they win, so Oklahoma has noone but themselves too blame.

I like it too. I don't really care about FSU or Oklahoma, so I'd rather see the David vs Goliath matchup.

NIU is no pushover. Jordan Lynch is legit.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:44 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 1745
Glad OU is out but NIU I'm not sure should of qualified. It's strange that the system took care of NIU this season but stiffed BSU the two years prior. Maybe that is just the circumstances that played out this season? (Other teams crapping the bed)

Good job winning out after the first game and it gets money for the school(NIU) so there is that.

_________________
NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!


Last edited by 12th_Bob on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:45 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
JSeahawks wrote:
pehawk wrote:
I like that NIU got in. I know I'm alone, but I like to see the NIU's stack up...kind of what its about for me. Besides, all BCS schools can go if they win, so Oklahoma has noone but themselves too blame.


Man, i hate it. Now both the Sugar Bowl and the Orange Bowl are completely uninteresting to me. If they had to stick Northern Illinois in there I wish they would have matched them up with Louisville so they made just one boring game rather then two.


I HATE it when they do that. I want to see NIU against real competition. It makes it interesting. And, it's not like Florida's a perfect team, they're flawed.

Wasn't it 4 years ago Utah strangled and manhandled Alabama in the Sugar?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:51 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
pehawk wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:
Man, i hate it. Now both the Sugar Bowl and the Orange Bowl are completely uninteresting to me. If they had to stick Northern Illinois in there I wish they would have matched them up with Louisville so they made just one boring game rather then two.


I HATE it when they do that. I want to see NIU against real competition. It makes it interesting. And, it's not like Florida's a perfect team, they're flawed.

Wasn't it 4 years ago Utah strangled and manhandled Alabama in the Sugar?


Wouldnt surprise me at all if Northern Illinois beat them. I think bowl games are about who wants to be there more winning, not necessarily the best team winning. Northern ILlinois will definatly be motivated, but will Florida?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:56 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 pm
Posts: 332
We'll see shortly how this breaks down. This is what I've been seeing.

Jan. 1 Rose: Wisconsin (Big Ten) vs. Stanford (Pac-12). I like Stanford but man did Wisconsin look great last night. Stanfords new QB is pretty damn good and I love how they run the ball.

Jan. 1 Orange: Florida State (ACC) vs. Northern Illinois (at-large). I have no idea. Never seen Northern Illinois play.

Jan. 2 Sugar: Florida (SEC) vs. Louisville (at-large). Florida is playing good ball. Beat 3 top 10 teams. Louisville will be overwhelmed. This will be a laugher.

Jan. 3 Fiesta: Kansas State (Big 12) vs. Oregon (at-large). This is a game that should have been played already. I think KSU is scarred of Oregon and I like Chip Kelly getting a month to prepare. Klein isn't that good imo and Oregons defense should get healthy and be ready.

Jan. 7 BCS national championship (Miami): Notre Dame (BCS No. 1) vs. Alabama (BCS No. 2). I'll just say Alabama for now. This game will get plenty more breakdown and debate in the coming month.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:15 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 9804
NIU is the same tiny school that Chandler Harnish carried on his back the last several seasons before being Mr. Irrelevant in the 2012 draft. To say that NIU's season is surprising is an understatement. This isn't just a small school crashing the party, it's a small school crashing the party after they lost a great QB to graduation.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:19 pm 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10121
Location: Vancouver, WA
I believe ND has a shot to beat 'Bama. Not sayin' they will but I think they hang better than most believe. I think they match up pretty well physically with the Tide and when was the last time that was said about any team outside of the SEC? Unfortunately I think QB play will win it in the long run for Alabama.

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:11 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 10:45 am
Posts: 276
Location: Tri-Cities, WA
JSeahawks wrote:
pehawk wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:
Man, i hate it. Now both the Sugar Bowl and the Orange Bowl are completely uninteresting to me. If they had to stick Northern Illinois in there I wish they would have matched them up with Louisville so they made just one boring game rather then two.


I HATE it when they do that. I want to see NIU against real competition. It makes it interesting. And, it's not like Florida's a perfect team, they're flawed.

Wasn't it 4 years ago Utah strangled and manhandled Alabama in the Sugar?


Wouldnt surprise me at all if Northern Illinois beat them. I think bowl games are about who wants to be there more winning, not necessarily the best team winning. Northern ILlinois will definatly be motivated, but will Florida?


1. They are not playing NIU
2. NIU in a BCS bowl Game is a joke
3. The last time florida played a Big East team in the Sugar Bowl, they destroyed them


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:17 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 10:45 am
Posts: 276
Location: Tri-Cities, WA
pehawk wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:
pehawk wrote:
I like that NIU got in. I know I'm alone, but I like to see the NIU's stack up...kind of what its about for me. Besides, all BCS schools can go if they win, so Oklahoma has noone but themselves too blame.


Man, i hate it. Now both the Sugar Bowl and the Orange Bowl are completely uninteresting to me. If they had to stick Northern Illinois in there I wish they would have matched them up with Louisville so they made just one boring game rather then two.


I HATE it when they do that. I want to see NIU against real competition. It makes it interesting. And, it's not like Florida's a perfect team, they're flawed.

Wasn't it 4 years ago Utah strangled and manhandled Alabama in the Sugar?

These BCS games are an embarrassment to College football. NIU will get destroyed, Florida sometimes plays down to their competition, but its the Sugar Bowl. They will hurt Louisville, it's gonna be ugly. I like Bridgewater, but my Gators are the best defense in the country.

At least the Fiesta Bowl got it right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:14 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm
Posts: 1378
NIU is going to surprise a whole lot of people and don't be surprised if it's the game that finally puts QB Jordan Lynch on the map. He's only 6' 216 but he plays much bigger than he's listed and runs like a tank. Actually, he reminds me of our own Lynch when he's running, or should I say, waddling with the ball. He's #3 in the NCAA in total yards but has gotten little to no love because of NIU's limited exposure. That's bound to change with the Huskies getting a bid to the Orange.

I'm with you on this 1 pe. I absolutely love it when teams like NIU get a chance on the national stage. Funny thing is most of the non-BCS teams that have made it to BCS bowls have fared quite well for themselves. Don't be surprised if it happens again here. I've got NIU with the upset.

_________________
Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:34 pm 
NET Veteran
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
ND strengths play right to Alabama's.. Run game vs run defense.. can't wait.. i think ND will pull out an upset!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:48 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 pm
Posts: 332
redeye81 wrote:
ND strengths play right to Alabama's.. Run game vs run defense.. can't wait.. i think ND will pull out an upset!!!


Funny because thats exactly what Alabama is thinking. Alabamas line will blow Notre Dame off the ball and give the Golden Domers a heavy dose of Lacy and Yeldon FTW.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:12 am 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
I am majorly looking forward to NIU beating FSU. I'm glad they got in, because I'd much rather have a 12-1 team from a mid-major conference than an under-achieving Oklahoma team.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Probable BCS Bowl matchups
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:37 am 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Sarlacc83 wrote:
I am majorly looking forward to NIU beating FSU. I'm glad they got in, because I'd much rather have a 12-1 team from a mid-major conference than an under-achieving Oklahoma team.


I think a lot of people feel that way. I'll watch the game just to see how NIU measures up. I wouldn't otherwise.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jdruaint, Onyx and 28 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.