Russell Wilson willed the team to that win.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • jkitsune wrote:I'm waiting for Hasselbeck to tell us why our excitement bothers him.

If I were the type, I would go for Wilson in a heartbeat.

I know what you mean, but really gotta give him credit here lately. He's been handing out RW some props. It's given somewhat begrudgingly, but given nonetheless.
    Last edited by gargantual on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    "John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
    man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• If the proverbial corner was turned today, this will go down as one of the most important Hawk wins in history. I mean that. We may have became a team today, a team that has an undisputed leader. Feels good to have the most important position in the league locked down for a number of years. Most would have mailed it in after that tying FG, RW indeed willed us to victory. I have never been so proud of a young QB. Just watched his interview.......as always.....talked about everyone BUT himself, and ended with Go Hawks!
    Last edited by rjdriver on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• This kid is simply very, very special.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Hell of a game by Wilson. Two game winning drives in one game.
    hawkmanj
    NET Starter

• I've been with everyone else with the emotional rollercoaster ride, but it's funny how we could have EASILY been saying all these things all of last week if we'd scored four more points (or if the defense had stopped the Fins at the end).

3 measly points and us bi-polar SOBs are swinging one direction or the other.
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• Gosh, everyone (in the news) is getting all hot for Luck with his comeback win today (after throwing 3 interceptions and putting his team in a hole). I hope Russell gets appropriate consideration for RoY. Not saying its a slam dunk, but there is a strong case to be made.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• Everyone talks about his killer eyes. At first i compared him to Dexter,#vigilante, but now i think a more apt description is a Great White shark going in for the kill.

Anyone with me? Those sharks have a deadly peace to their kills; ferocious and opportunistic. No messing around, no hesitating, no mercy; just dissecting and executing the inevitable. As does RW, "#3"!
    entropyrulesall
    NET Rookie

• jkitsune wrote:If I were the type, I would go for Wilson in a heartbeat.

My wife gave me permission to "ManCrush"
    entropyrulesall
    NET Rookie

• still tooshort!!
    "When you're running at me like that and I'm running at you...It's gonna be a nasty scene" BAMBAM!!
    tooshort
    NET Veteran

• I think today finally, we saw what we could have been more often this season. I laughed when I read the pro Flynn comments several games into this year.
    chiltech500
    NET Bench Warmer

• I love this kid, I think he had a great game today. I do have an observation. He missed a lot of open receivers because he could not see them. Will this cost him in the long run? There where open people that would have been easy TD's to a Cutler, Freeman, Kapernick or Rivers.

This game would have been a very easy game if he had the height. I do love the fact he does all the little things to overcome that but it will cost him a few times.
    "If we lose ... this place will be a Carnival of Stupidity." FlyingGreg
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran

• The amazing thing is, he did it while still missing blatantly wide-open throws all over the place. Unbelievable competitor.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Tech Worlds wrote:Best qb in our history. I have seen enough now.

This guy has the it factor.

Haha, Thought i had seen it all. Wont harass u for needing 12 (16) games to see "it"
    entropyrulesall
    NET Rookie

• Are you kidding me? He still didn't throw for over 300 yards. IS NOT ELITE. DO NOT WANT.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

• JesterHawk wrote:Are you kidding me? He still didn't throw for over 300 yards. IS NOT ELITE. DO NOT WANT.

Does 293 round to 300? Depends on how anal u are! :sarcasm_on:
    Last edited by entropyrulesall on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    entropyrulesall
    NET Rookie

• Fudwamper wrote:I love this kid, I think he had a great game today. I do have an observation. He missed a lot of open receivers because he could not see them. Will this cost him in the long run? There where open people that would have been easy TD's to a Cutler, Freeman, Kapernick or Rivers.

This game would have been a very easy game if he had the height. I do love the fact he does all the little things to overcome that but it will cost him a few times.

:roll:

Tall QBs miss wide open receivers while under duress all the time.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

• Russell Wilson does not look like a rookie QB. He hasn't since week 5.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Fudwamper wrote:I love this kid, I think he had a great game today. I do have an observation. He missed a lot of open receivers because he could not see them. Will this cost him in the long run? There where open people that would have been easy TD's to a Cutler, Freeman, Kapernick or Rivers.

Everyone misses open receivers. This game is too fast to see everyone, every time. In this league there are open receivers on pretty much every play. RW missing them just gets magnified because of his height, His running creates a lot more open receivers than he misses.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• RW was responsible for 80% of the offense in this game. 293 passing, 71 rushing. And he's only going to get better.
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• jkitsune wrote:
    Fudwamper wrote:I love this kid, I think he had a great game today. I do have an observation. He missed a lot of open receivers because he could not see them. Will this cost him in the long run? There where open people that would have been easy TD's to a Cutler, Freeman, Kapernick or Rivers.

:roll:

Tall QBs miss wide open receivers while under duress all the time.

Yah but tall QBs aren't short! And an extra 2 inches of humanity makes all the difference just ask Hasselbeck aka Kiper.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

• If RGIII had this exact performance the media would be all over it.

Regardless.... I think Russell should get a statue dedicated to him put up outside the Clink.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• T-Sizzle wrote:If RGIII had this exact performance the media would be all over it.

Regardless.... I think Russell should get a statue dedicated to him put up outside the Clink.

RG3 has been playing this well all season. He's deserved the accolades.

I just find it hilarious how someone on here always wants to turn it into a pissing match between Luck and Griffin who are both playing absolutely great this year. Why try to use Wilson's really great day to take away from that?
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• T-Sizzle wrote:If RGIII had this exact performance the media would be all over it.

EXACTLY what I was thinking (at least when someone reference Luck a few posts back). Luck had to play his way out of a hole he dug with 3 INTs, shouldn't that cancel out doing great later in the game? Would the national squawking heads be saying that (it cancelled it out) if it were Wilson playing his way out of 3 picks? That's what I'd predict anyway....
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• jkitsune wrote:I'm waiting for Hasselbeck to tell us why our excitement bothers him.

:snack:
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57946
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you....... :)
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• gargantual wrote:EXACTLY what I was thinking (at least when someone reference Luck a few posts back). Luck had to play his way out of a hole he dug with 3 INTs, shouldn't that cancel out doing great later in the game? Would the national squawking heads be saying that (it cancelled it out) if it were Wilson playing his way out of 3 picks? That's what I'd predict anyway....

I'm sure if Wilson threw 3 picks and rallied the team back to a win over the Bears, arguably a Top 2 or 3 defense in football, yes.. they'd be impressed with him.

Again - who cares what the media thinks? And why does it have to turn into a triple threat match between RG3 and Luck? They're all having great years for rookie quarterbacks and they're all doing it differently.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:The amazing thing is, he did it while still missing blatantly wide-open throws all over the place. Unbelievable competitor.

And that is what I am in awe of.

But to some of the other comments your right other QB's miss while under duress. But there was a lot of WIDE OPEN WR's if he was taller and while he was not under duress that would have been easy throws to the other QB's I mentioned.

You can roll your eyes but at the end it is an issue that I am interested in seeing play out. When will it cost him and the team.
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran

• Hasselbeck wrote:
    gargantual wrote:EXACTLY what I was thinking (at least when someone reference Luck a few posts back). Luck had to play his way out of a hole he dug with 3 INTs, shouldn't that cancel out doing great later in the game? Would the national squawking heads be saying that (it cancelled it out) if it were Wilson playing his way out of 3 picks? That's what I'd predict anyway....

I'm sure if Wilson threw 3 picks and rallied the team back to a win over the Bears, arguably a Top 2 or 3 defense in football, yes.. they'd be impressed with him.

Again - who cares what the media thinks? And why does it have to turn into a triple threat match between RG3 and Luck? They're all having great years for rookie quarterbacks and they're all doing it differently.

Valid points. Great rookie class, no way to argue otherwise. And we only had to spend a 3rd round pick.

Just icing on the cake.
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• Hasselbeck wrote:[I'm sure if Wilson threw 3 picks and rallied the team back to a win over the Bears, arguably a Top 2 or 3 defense in football, yes.. they'd be impressed with him.

I'd bet Marshal Faulk would find a way to downplay it though....but who gives a crap what that jackhole says anyways?
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• i know it doesn't mean much but the guys on fox after the game where raving about russ. and that is after the luck game and rams game.
    God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
    @TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.
    hawkcrazzed
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• I loved the 179 yard game winning drive!!!
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Regardless - if he continues similarly - this is the greatest single season by a QB in Seahawk history. Period. 2005 Hass would be the only one that comes close.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

• Fudwamper wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:The amazing thing is, he did it while still missing blatantly wide-open throws all over the place. Unbelievable competitor.

But to some of the other comments your right other QB's miss while under duress. But there was a lot of WIDE OPEN WR's if he was taller and while he was not under duress that would have been easy throws to the other QB's I mentioned.

You can roll your eyes but at the end it is an issue that I am interested in seeing play out. When will it cost him and the team.

This is a baseless assumption. He missed them. Was it because he was further along in his progression and didn't have time to look back? Did he miss them because he was pressured and scrambling? Did he miss them because of a mental mistake?

The only reason you assume it was his height is because you know he's short. The only thing you actually know is that he missed them.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

• my how soon they forget.... lol... forgive too... :D
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• I'd like to say I don't care what the media and the rest of the country thinks, but it all comes down to respect. I want to (eventually) become a team like the Pats or the (I shudder to have to say it) the Stealers. Perennial contenders, and with continual success comes respect and the mindset of people begins to change. Benefit of the doubt starts going our way if things are close....including from the refs.....and suddenly close calls and close games start being decided our way.

So it ends up not just being a popularity contest that's all in our minds. It actually ends up counting out in the real world.
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• hawkcrazzed wrote:i know it doesn't mean much but the guys on fox after the game where raving about russ. and that is after the luck game and rams game.

I didn't catch that. Nice to hear and thanks for relaying that info!
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:The amazing thing is, he did it while still missing blatantly wide-open throws all over the place. Unbelievable competitor.

Ya know, it's possible he missed some open guys, but neither you nor Fudwamper knew the specifics of the plays and his read progressions, so how can you so emphatically say that?
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• Do we have a chris numbers post yet that puts a downer on RW and trys to say we have to wait and see because RW hasent proven anything yet? or that guy that said teh RW was the worst QB he had ever seen playing for the Hawks and LOL he had seen them all.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Location: Victoria BC or my Galactic Stonghold on Nar Shaddaa

• JSeahawks wrote:I loved the 179 yard game winning drive!!!

I tell you what, if Peyton Manning had driven down the field 99 yards, then minutes later another 80 yards, and won the game, we'd all shake our heads and say what an incredible quarterback he was yet again. It would have been lauded as one of the best performances of the week.

To see a rookie quarterback do this is even more incredible. We as fans let our fandom curb our amazement.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• TDOTSEAHAWK wrote:Regardless - if he continues similarly - this is the greatest single season by a QB in Seahawk history. Period. 2005 Hass would be the only one that comes close.

The thing that keeps occurring to me is" THIS IS HIS ROOKIE SEASON! No two or three years to get into his groove. I LOVED Hasselbeck (hell he was my avatar up until I changed it after the Dallas game) but how long did it take him before he was playing at a Probowl level? That just seems expected and not anything (at all) to be ashamed about.

Wilson has just made a career of exceeding expectations. This has been so much fun watching him continue to do that. And will be as he continues to do it into the future.

Now let's get him some Probowl level protection to go with his over-the-top performances. Then nothing can stop us.
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I loved the 179 yard game winning drive!!!

I tell you what, if Peyton Manning had driven down the field 99 yards, then minutes later another 80 yards, and won the game, we'd all shake our heads and say what an incredible quarterback he was yet again. It would have been lauded as one of the best performances of the week.

To see a rookie quarterback do this is even more incredible. We as fans let our fandom curb our amazement.

Rookie. On the road against the best defense in football and doesn't turn the ball over.

Without a doubt it was the greatest performance I have seen by a Hawks QB since Hass against Washington in the playoffs and he willed us to win without Alexander.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

• 0 interceptions in 3 games, 2 of which have been on the road. Wow.
    "I'm gonna call him--what do you call the guy on the trampoline?--Harry Houdini or something like that." -Warren Moon on Golden Tate
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

• WindCityHawk wrote:0 interceptions in 3 games, 2 of which have been on the road. Wow.

Another problem that he addressed and fixed (playing on the road). Now what are the next things for him to work on (and inevitably go fix!)? What's up next on the list Xs and Os guys (and gals) out there?
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• Up next: Kick a super winning field goal.
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

• jkitsune wrote:
    Fudwamper wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:The amazing thing is, he did it while still missing blatantly wide-open throws all over the place. Unbelievable competitor.

This is a baseless assumption. He missed them. Was it because he was further along in his progression and didn't have time to look back? Did he miss them because he was pressured and scrambling? Did he miss them because of a mental mistake?

The only reason you assume it was his height is because you know he's short. The only thing you actually know is that he missed them.

Actually it is not baseless. I do not assume I watched the game. He was pressured up front and needed to move to his left on two plays, If he was a taller QB that I mentioned he would of been able to stand and throw. On both plays he missed because of the interior line pushing into him. He needed to drop his eyes move to find open throwing lanes and make a play. It was not a mental mistake or a progression read, it was a pressure due to his height.

It will be an issue his whole career, it is how he deals with it that I am so interested with and at awe of how he overcomes. I can't wait to see him in his prime, controlling the game. I think it is going to be special.
    Last edited by Fudwamper on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran

• gargantual wrote:
    hawkcrazzed wrote:i know it doesn't mean much but the guys on fox after the game where raving about russ. and that is after the luck game and rams game.

Yep they mentioned something about RG3 and Luck gets all the love, but Wilson kind of gets overlooked but he's just as good or somethin.g like that
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• -The Glove- wrote:
    gargantual wrote:
    hawkcrazzed wrote:i know it doesn't mean much but the guys on fox after the game where raving about russ. and that is after the luck game and rams game.

Yep they mentioned something about RG3 and Luck gets all the love, but Wilson kind of gets overlooked but he's just as good or somethin.g like that

Ahh. Fascinating to hear them talking about something I felt only Seahawks fans had been noticing.
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• sturg78 wrote:Up next: Kick a super winning field goal.

Then practice running down the field to catch your own passes, and play every position on the defense simultaneously....and then date Morgan Fairchild......yeah....that's the ticket.....
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• Amazing, he led 2 game winning drives the way I look at it. One in the 4th, that the D gave away, then just went back out and repeated the magic.

Amazing.

I remember watching T-Jack last year and wishing we had a QB who had some magic in him, that was clutch, that could will a team to a win at the end of the game. Wilson just did it twice in 1 game.

Kid just has 'it'.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• To those saying "if only he was two inches taller..."

he wouldn't be as elusive in running if he was taller. His height is a blessing in disguise.

Also, he does a great job selling the fake handoff because of his height. Those are key plays that have stretched the field in numerous drives.
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information