The play from Wilson nobody is talking about

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • What about having the awareness to trail the play and grab the fumble from Lynch along the sideline during the long TD drive to go up 17-14?

Wow.

That would have been a disaster losing the ball right there.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• it was great awareness, but the ball hit the sideline, so it was out of bounds anyway. It was close, so a good thing Wilson picked it up, but by rule it was out of bounds and our ball either way
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Yeah, that was big. Regardless, I think the ball went out before that but lord knows we didn't want the refs to have a chance to screw us. On the downside of what ifs, thank you Rice for breaking up that deep pick Russ threw right after that.
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

• It actually barely hit out of bounds, but yeah... good awareness from Russ.
    BWRyan
    NET Veteran

• RUSSELL SAVES
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

• It fell out of bounds where he picked it up. It would've been overturned on a challenge had the bears recovered. On Second thought with the way the refs were this game, maybe not.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

• kidhawk wrote:it was great awareness, but the ball hit the sideline, so it was out of bounds anyway. It was close, so a good thing Wilson picked it up, but by rule it was out of bounds and our ball either way

If a Bear would have fallen on it, the refs would have ignore the out of bounds on the ball. You jump on that thing no matter what!
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• It was ruled a fumble. And we all know with the way that game was called today if a Bears player picked it up we would have been screwed.

Heady play.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Trrrroy wrote:It fell out of bounds where he picked it up. It would've been overturned on a challenge had the bears recovered. On Second thought with the way the refs were this game, maybe not.

Pariah would have come up with some BS reason why it should not be overturned.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• FlyingGreg wrote:What about having the awareness to trail the play and grab the fumble from Lynch along the sideline during the long TD drive to go up 17-14?

Wow.

That would have been a disaster losing the ball right there.

ball touched the sideline
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• What about that 4th down and 6 play with under 2 min to play leading to a Golden Tate score.
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

• kidhawk wrote:it was great awareness, but the ball hit the sideline, so it was out of bounds anyway. It was close, so a good thing Wilson picked it up, but by rule it was out of bounds and our ball either way

It wasn't called and given the direction that game was heading, it's a damn good thing our guy scooped it up.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Pete had a challenge, and would've won it, but yea, great awareness by Russell.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Fine in this example but this is not the first time Wilson has done this. Preseason if i remember. Its a trait, an awareness and i like it. My only complaint about the lax ball security is that QBs dont belong in the pile resecuring a fumble.
    entropyrulesall
    NET Rookie

• SmokinHawk wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:it was great awareness, but the ball hit the sideline, so it was out of bounds anyway. It was close, so a good thing Wilson picked it up, but by rule it was out of bounds and our ball either way

It wasn't called and given the direction that game was heading, it's a damn good thing our guy scooped it up.

so we are saying the same thing :th2thumbs:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:42 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information