Russell Wilson willed the team to that win.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Regardless - if he continues similarly - this is the greatest single season by a QB in Seahawk history. Period. 2005 Hass would be the only one that comes close.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Fudwamper":2f05xn0n said:
MontanaHawk05":2f05xn0n said:
The amazing thing is, he did it while still missing blatantly wide-open throws all over the place. Unbelievable competitor.

And that is what I am in awe of.

But to some of the other comments your right other QB's miss while under duress. But there was a lot of WIDE OPEN WR's if he was taller and while he was not under duress that would have been easy throws to the other QB's I mentioned.

You can roll your eyes but at the end it is an issue that I am interested in seeing play out. When will it cost him and the team.

This is a baseless assumption. He missed them. Was it because he was further along in his progression and didn't have time to look back? Did he miss them because he was pressured and scrambling? Did he miss them because of a mental mistake?

The only reason you assume it was his height is because you know he's short. The only thing you actually know is that he missed them.

Twisted

Reaction score
my how soon they forget.... lol... forgive too... :D

gargantual

Reaction score
I'd like to say I don't care what the media and the rest of the country thinks, but it all comes down to respect. I want to (eventually) become a team like the Pats or the (I shudder to have to say it) the Stealers. Perennial contenders, and with continual success comes respect and the mindset of people begins to change. Benefit of the doubt starts going our way if things are close....including from the refs.....and suddenly close calls and close games start being decided our way.

So it ends up not just being a popularity contest that's all in our minds. It actually ends up counting out in the real world.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":34uwqvmn said:
The amazing thing is, he did it while still missing blatantly wide-open throws all over the place. Unbelievable competitor.

Ya know, it's possible he missed some open guys, but neither you nor Fudwamper knew the specifics of the plays and his read progressions, so how can you so emphatically say that?

Rainger

Reaction score
Do we have a chris numbers post yet that puts a downer on RW and trys to say we have to wait and see because RW hasent proven anything yet? or that guy that said teh RW was the worst QB he had ever seen playing for the Hawks and LOL he had seen them all.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
JSeahawks":14ch84n6 said:
I loved the 179 yard game winning drive!!!

I tell you what, if Peyton Manning had driven down the field 99 yards, then minutes later another 80 yards, and won the game, we'd all shake our heads and say what an incredible quarterback he was yet again. It would have been lauded as one of the best performances of the week.

To see a rookie quarterback do this is even more incredible. We as fans let our fandom curb our amazement.

gargantual

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":c08qvmv7 said:
Regardless - if he continues similarly - this is the greatest single season by a QB in Seahawk history. Period. 2005 Hass would be the only one that comes close.

The thing that keeps occurring to me is" THIS IS HIS ROOKIE SEASON! No two or three years to get into his groove. I LOVED Hasselbeck (hell he was my avatar up until I changed it after the Dallas game) but how long did it take him before he was playing at a Probowl level? That just seems expected and not anything (at all) to be ashamed about.

Wilson has just made a career of exceeding expectations. This has been so much fun watching him continue to do that. And will be as he continues to do it into the future.

Now let's get him some Probowl level protection to go with his over-the-top performances. Then nothing can stop us.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2l3y2bbh said:
JSeahawks":2l3y2bbh said:
I loved the 179 yard game winning drive!!!

I tell you what, if Peyton Manning had driven down the field 99 yards, then minutes later another 80 yards, and won the game, we'd all shake our heads and say what an incredible quarterback he was yet again. It would have been lauded as one of the best performances of the week.

To see a rookie quarterback do this is even more incredible. We as fans let our fandom curb our amazement.

Rookie. On the road against the best defense in football and doesn't turn the ball over.

Without a doubt it was the greatest performance I have seen by a Hawks QB since Hass against Washington in the playoffs and he willed us to win without Alexander.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
0 interceptions in 3 games, 2 of which have been on the road. Wow.

gargantual

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2ioq7uag said:
0 interceptions in 3 games, 2 of which have been on the road. Wow.

Another problem that he addressed and fixed (playing on the road). Now what are the next things for him to work on (and inevitably go fix!)? What's up next on the list Xs and Os guys (and gals) out there?

Fudwamper

Reaction score
jkitsune":jx03zxwk said:
Fudwamper":jx03zxwk said:
MontanaHawk05":jx03zxwk said:

And that is what I am in awe of.

But to some of the other comments your right other QB's miss while under duress. But there was a lot of WIDE OPEN WR's if he was taller and while he was not under duress that would have been easy throws to the other QB's I mentioned.

You can roll your eyes but at the end it is an issue that I am interested in seeing play out. When will it cost him and the team.

This is a baseless assumption. He missed them. Was it because he was further along in his progression and didn't have time to look back? Did he miss them because he was pressured and scrambling? Did he miss them because of a mental mistake?

The only reason you assume it was his height is because you know he's short. The only thing you actually know is that he missed them.

Actually it is not baseless. I do not assume I watched the game. He was pressured up front and needed to move to his left on two plays, If he was a taller QB that I mentioned he would of been able to stand and throw. On both plays he missed because of the interior line pushing into him. He needed to drop his eyes move to find open throwing lanes and make a play. It was not a mental mistake or a progression read, it was a pressure due to his height.

It will be an issue his whole career, it is how he deals with it that I am so interested with and at awe of how he overcomes. I can't wait to see him in his prime, controlling the game. I think it is going to be special.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
gargantual":3gno46sk said:
hawkcrazzed":3gno46sk said:
i know it doesn't mean much but the guys on fox after the game where raving about russ. and that is after the luck game and rams game.

I didn't catch that. Nice to hear and thanks for relaying that info!
Yep they mentioned something about RG3 and Luck gets all the love, but Wilson kind of gets overlooked but he's just as good or somethin.g like that

gargantual

Reaction score
-The Glove-":38d03spj said:
gargantual":38d03spj said:
hawkcrazzed":38d03spj said:
i know it doesn't mean much but the guys on fox after the game where raving about russ. and that is after the luck game and rams game.

I didn't catch that. Nice to hear and thanks for relaying that info!
Yep they mentioned something about RG3 and Luck gets all the love, but Wilson kind of gets overlooked but he's just as good or somethin.g like that
Ahh. Fascinating to hear them talking about something I felt only Seahawks fans had been noticing.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Amazing, he led 2 game winning drives the way I look at it. One in the 4th, that the D gave away, then just went back out and repeated the magic.

Amazing.

I remember watching T-Jack last year and wishing we had a QB who had some magic in him, that was clutch, that could will a team to a win at the end of the game. Wilson just did it twice in 1 game.

Kid just has 'it'.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
To those saying "if only he was two inches taller..."

he wouldn't be as elusive in running if he was taller. His height is a blessing in disguise.

Also, he does a great job selling the fake handoff because of his height. Those are key plays that have stretched the field in numerous drives.