Russell Wilson willed the team to that win.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
I love this kid, I think he had a great game today. I do have an observation. He missed a lot of open receivers because he could not see them. Will this cost him in the long run? There where open people that would have been easy TD's to a Cutler, Freeman, Kapernick or Rivers.

This game would have been a very easy game if he had the height. I do love the fact he does all the little things to overcome that but it will cost him a few times.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The amazing thing is, he did it while still missing blatantly wide-open throws all over the place. Unbelievable competitor.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Are you kidding me? He still didn't throw for over 300 yards. IS NOT ELITE. DO NOT WANT.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Fudwamper":3fx7vjs7 said:
I love this kid, I think he had a great game today. I do have an observation. He missed a lot of open receivers because he could not see them. Will this cost him in the long run? There where open people that would have been easy TD's to a Cutler, Freeman, Kapernick or Rivers.

This game would have been a very easy game if he had the height. I do love the fact he does all the little things to overcome that but it will cost him a few times.

:roll:

Tall QBs miss wide open receivers while under duress all the time.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Fudwamper":1nehihdv said:

Everyone misses open receivers. This game is too fast to see everyone, every time. In this league there are open receivers on pretty much every play. RW missing them just gets magnified because of his height, His running creates a lot more open receivers than he misses.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
jkitsune":2br6dss6 said:
Fudwamper":2br6dss6 said:

:roll:

Tall QBs miss wide open receivers while under duress all the time.

Yah but tall QBs aren't short! And an extra 2 inches of humanity makes all the difference just ask Hasselbeck aka Kiper.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
If RGIII had this exact performance the media would be all over it.

Regardless.... I think Russell should get a statue dedicated to him put up outside the Clink.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":3jebrb7x said:

Regardless.... I think Russell should get a statue dedicated to him put up outside the Clink.

RG3 has been playing this well all season. He's deserved the accolades.

I just find it hilarious how someone on here always wants to turn it into a pissing match between Luck and Griffin who are both playing absolutely great this year. Why try to use Wilson's really great day to take away from that?

gargantual

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2fy4zwmd said:

EXACTLY what I was thinking (at least when someone reference Luck a few posts back). Luck had to play his way out of a hole he dug with 3 INTs, shouldn't that cancel out doing great later in the game? Would the national squawking heads be saying that (it cancelled it out) if it were Wilson playing his way out of 3 picks? That's what I'd predict anyway....

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
gargantual":1lxd8acv said:
EXACTLY what I was thinking (at least when someone reference Luck a few posts back). Luck had to play his way out of a hole he dug with 3 INTs, shouldn't that cancel out doing great later in the game? Would the national squawking heads be saying that (it cancelled it out) if it were Wilson playing his way out of 3 picks? That's what I'd predict anyway....

I'm sure if Wilson threw 3 picks and rallied the team back to a win over the Bears, arguably a Top 2 or 3 defense in football, yes.. they'd be impressed with him.

Again - who cares what the media thinks? And why does it have to turn into a triple threat match between RG3 and Luck? They're all having great years for rookie quarterbacks and they're all doing it differently.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3qn8u4uv said:
The amazing thing is, he did it while still missing blatantly wide-open throws all over the place. Unbelievable competitor.

And that is what I am in awe of.

But to some of the other comments your right other QB's miss while under duress. But there was a lot of WIDE OPEN WR's if he was taller and while he was not under duress that would have been easy throws to the other QB's I mentioned.

You can roll your eyes but at the end it is an issue that I am interested in seeing play out. When will it cost him and the team.

gargantual

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":rrfmc28x said:
gargantual":rrfmc28x said:

I'm sure if Wilson threw 3 picks and rallied the team back to a win over the Bears, arguably a Top 2 or 3 defense in football, yes.. they'd be impressed with him.

Again - who cares what the media thinks? And why does it have to turn into a triple threat match between RG3 and Luck? They're all having great years for rookie quarterbacks and they're all doing it differently.

Valid points. Great rookie class, no way to argue otherwise. And we only had to spend a 3rd round pick.

Just icing on the cake.

gargantual

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":vwpd9k2y said:
[I'm sure if Wilson threw 3 picks and rallied the team back to a win over the Bears, arguably a Top 2 or 3 defense in football, yes.. they'd be impressed with him.

I'd bet Marshal Faulk would find a way to downplay it though....but who gives a crap what that jackhole says anyways?

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
i know it doesn't mean much but the guys on fox after the game where raving about russ. and that is after the luck game and rams game.