Hours Before A Major Game...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There could be ten thousand words I could write about what the Seahawks need to do to beat the Bears.

Instead, let me keep it short.

Step up Seahawks. DO YOUR JOBS.

WIN THE GAME!

Throwdown

Reaction score
I havent felt this much impending doom since the Cowboy game, coincidentally we whooped the mess out the Cowboys. I dunno I'm scurred guys, got a REALLY REALLY BAD feeling about it, and if we lose I'll probably excuse myself from .NET for the week.

SO PLEASE SEAHAWKS DO YOUR JOBS, I DON'T WANNA TAKE A VACATION FROM MY ADDICTION!!!

NYCoug

Reaction score
I literally can't sleep right now and it's almost 5:30 out here. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing at this point. All I know is that I can't wait until kickoff tomorrow. I know when that time comes it'll fly by me at warped speed but right now it feels like it'll be an eternity before the game is played.

I feel the same way Aros. Good post.

knewch

Reaction score
What the hell are all of you doing up at 4AM?

knewch

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't add much to the thread there. I agree that this game feels like a make or break the season type game. I absolutely can't stand the Bears and it could be emotional destruction for me if we don't step up.

NYCoug

Reaction score
knewch":1pu41633 said:
Sorry, I didn't add much to the thread there. I agree that this game feels like a make or break the season type game. I absolutely can't stand the Bears and it could be emotional destruction for me if we don't step up.

Truer words were never spoken. Same here brotha!

JonRud

Reaction score
I don't feel good about today at all. Maybe that's ok. I was 100% sure we would beat Miami.

I am keeping my expectations low today. Sorry, but I just don't see us beating a tough Bears team on the road when we can't beat anyone else on the road. Hope I am wrong.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I woke up still kinda buzzed from the night before and promptly dumped some bourbon in my coffee.

Really, the Hawks game will determine whether or not this game goes well and/or if my girlfriend has to tell her coworkers that she "fell". Kidding on the last part, she could probably beat me up.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I live far too close to Bears country. I'm not sure which is more impressive: the awesomeness of the city of Chicago, or the sheer obnoxiousness of the Chicago sports fanbase. Those SNL superfan skits? Those aren't parodies. THOSE ARE REAL-LIFE DOCUMENTARIES. Bears fans are the biggest bunch of mouthbreathing morons that you could ever conceive of. God I want this game.

I can't muster a ton of optimism for this game, but at the same time it's not as though I'm going to be shocked if we pull off this win either. Honestly, I think that on some level this is our chance at a mulligan after last week's stinker. The Saints have lost, I think the Bucs will lose in the later game at Denver, and teams like Minnesota and Washington are pretty distant longshots. If we can pull this one off, we're firmly in the driver's seat for a wildcard. If we lose, we have to sweat that Tampa-Denver game later in the day hard. It sure would be nice to just maintain control of our own destiny this time so that we don't have to spend all of December needing help to get in.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I have no emotional investment in this game....first time in awhile for me.

After last week, it's painfully clear for those who want to pay attention to it -- we DON'T WIN ON THE ROAD. Period. We were exceptionally lucky to escape Carolina with a win after Newton missed a wide open receiver in the end zone. It's kind of a bummer....I know we are in the thick of the playoff race, but I see two certain losses in our last five (today and vs SF) and a good possibility of another loss since it's a road loss (Buffalo), especially if we lose Sherman and Browner.

I'm not trying to be negative -- but I've seen plenty to convince me that we aren't there yet.

The only thing we can hope for today is that we have the ball and KEEP the ball at the end of the game and Wilson leads us to a win in the last minute. If the Bears have the ball for the final drive and we have a narrow lead, we know how that will end.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I was disgusted after last weeks loss, I was able to get over it focusing on our ability to step up to competition. Then I read hawkscanner's piece and started to get depressed again on how we might play way too conservative. If our OL gets dominated this game is over and I will not happy with the team. I don't expect a win at Chicago but we can do it and it will bring back some cheer to the Seahawk fanbase.

Come on guys please pull this one out I we need it.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Aros":1f9on8j8 said:
There could be ten thousand words I could write about what the Seahawks need to do to beat the Bears.

Instead, let me keep it short.

Step up Seahawks. DO YOUR JOBS.

WIN THE GAME!

They heard you, Aros!
:thirishdrinkers: