Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Hours Before A Major Game...
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:05 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

There could be ten thousand words I could write about what the Seahawks need to do to beat the Bears.

Instead, let me keep it short.

Step up Seahawks. DO YOUR JOBS.

WIN THE GAME!

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post subject: Re: Hours Before A Major Game...
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:24 am 
* NET Baller *

I havent felt this much impending doom since the Cowboy game, coincidentally we whooped the mess out the Cowboys. I dunno I'm scurred guys, got a REALLY REALLY BAD feeling about it, and if we lose I'll probably excuse myself from .NET for the week.

SO PLEASE SEAHAWKS DO YOUR JOBS, I DON'T WANNA TAKE A VACATION FROM MY ADDICTION!!!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:29 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

I'll feel like taking a vacation from life if we lose later today. : /

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:29 am 
NET Veteran

I literally can't sleep right now and it's almost 5:30 out here. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing at this point. All I know is that I can't wait until kickoff tomorrow. I know when that time comes it'll fly by me at warped speed but right now it feels like it'll be an eternity before the game is played.

I feel the same way Aros. Good post.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:40 am 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

What the hell are all of you doing up at 4AM?

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:45 am 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sorry, I didn't add much to the thread there. I agree that this game feels like a make or break the season type game. I absolutely can't stand the Bears and it could be emotional destruction for me if we don't step up.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:47 am 
NET Veteran

knewch wrote:
Sorry, I didn't add much to the thread there. I agree that this game feels like a make or break the season type game. I absolutely can't stand the Bears and it could be emotional destruction for me if we don't step up.

Truer words were never spoken. Same here brotha!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:38 am 
NET Veteran

I don't feel good about today at all. Maybe that's ok. I was 100% sure we would beat Miami.

I am keeping my expectations low today. Sorry, but I just don't see us beating a tough Bears team on the road when we can't beat anyone else on the road. Hope I am wrong.

Win Forever!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:17 am 
NET Starter

I'm sure it's the Kool-Aid talking, but I feel the tide turning today. That being we finally beat a good team on the road.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:22 am 
NET Veteran

I woke up still kinda buzzed from the night before and promptly dumped some bourbon in my coffee.

Really, the Hawks game will determine whether or not this game goes well and/or if my girlfriend has to tell her coworkers that she "fell". Kidding on the last part, she could probably beat me up.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:42 am 
NET Veteran

I live far too close to Bears country. I'm not sure which is more impressive: the awesomeness of the city of Chicago, or the sheer obnoxiousness of the Chicago sports fanbase. Those SNL superfan skits? Those aren't parodies. THOSE ARE REAL-LIFE DOCUMENTARIES. Bears fans are the biggest bunch of mouthbreathing morons that you could ever conceive of. God I want this game.

I can't muster a ton of optimism for this game, but at the same time it's not as though I'm going to be shocked if we pull off this win either. Honestly, I think that on some level this is our chance at a mulligan after last week's stinker. The Saints have lost, I think the Bucs will lose in the later game at Denver, and teams like Minnesota and Washington are pretty distant longshots. If we can pull this one off, we're firmly in the driver's seat for a wildcard. If we lose, we have to sweat that Tampa-Denver game later in the day hard. It sure would be nice to just maintain control of our own destiny this time so that we don't have to spend all of December needing help to get in.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:40 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

I have no emotional investment in this game....first time in awhile for me.

After last week, it's painfully clear for those who want to pay attention to it -- we DON'T WIN ON THE ROAD. Period. We were exceptionally lucky to escape Carolina with a win after Newton missed a wide open receiver in the end zone. It's kind of a bummer....I know we are in the thick of the playoff race, but I see two certain losses in our last five (today and vs SF) and a good possibility of another loss since it's a road loss (Buffalo), especially if we lose Sherman and Browner.

I'm not trying to be negative -- but I've seen plenty to convince me that we aren't there yet.

The only thing we can hope for today is that we have the ball and KEEP the ball at the end of the game and Wilson leads us to a win in the last minute. If the Bears have the ball for the final drive and we have a narrow lead, we know how that will end.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:54 am 
NET Veteran

I was disgusted after last weeks loss, I was able to get over it focusing on our ability to step up to competition. Then I read hawkscanner's piece and started to get depressed again on how we might play way too conservative. If our OL gets dominated this game is over and I will not happy with the team. I don't expect a win at Chicago but we can do it and it will bring back some cheer to the Seahawk fanbase.

Come on guys please pull this one out I we need it.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:33 pm 
NET Veteran

Aros wrote:
There could be ten thousand words I could write about what the Seahawks need to do to beat the Bears.

Instead, let me keep it short.

Step up Seahawks. DO YOUR JOBS.

WIN THE GAME!

They heard you, Aros!
:thirishdrinkers:

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]