I had previously lost what I wanted to see from our team.

Chapman

Reaction score
Thinking about tomorrows game suddenly reminded me of what I was hoping to see this year is actually happening.
What I wanted to see this year was progress of a team being built for the long term.
I promised myself that I wouldn't focus on the wins and losses but the individual battles(matchups) on the field, looking for progress.
Some how with the crazy, unlikely wins and hype I like others forgot what my goals for the team were.
I want to see us stay healthy, stay in games until the end, and develope our QB position whether its Wilson or Flynn.
I am really happy with Wilson, and can't wait until he is given free reign over the offense. As a whole I am happy with our progress, and need to learn to keep my frustration and negativity to myself.
So to all happy game day tomorrow and GO HAWKS!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
We have regressed on defense. Are you happy with that?

How does our defensive regression bode well for the future?

amill87

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3cm9qv6d said:

Well it can be argued that coaches found out the weakness of our defense is our will LB and nickel corner.

There is no way anyone cannot be please with our corners. Browner and Sherman both got better this year.

Both Wagner and Irvin have looked very good as well.

There is plenty to look forward to with this young defense. Let's not forget while they have slipped some, they are still top 5 in multiple categories

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
amill87":wnp34igg said:
Tech Worlds":wnp34igg said:

Well it can be argued that coaches found out the weakness of our defense is our will LB and nickel corner.

There is no way anyone cannot be please with our corners. Browner and Sherman both got better this year.

Both Wagner and Irvin have looked very good as well.

There is plenty to look forward to with this young defense. Let's not forget while they have slipped some, they are still top 5 in multiple categories

Statistically they are top five. But they way they are playing RIGHT NOW is not top five.

I hope they can fix it cause we were relying on that to be the strength of this team and as of now it isn't.

OP
OP
C

Chapman

Reaction score
I agree with Dom.
But there is still progress that has been made. Now if we can keep from being exploited with the trap run game, and soft zone coverage on 3rd and long.
I still feel we are more competetive than last year, last year we didn't lose close games we flat out got throttled and sent home with our tails between our legs.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1plsqk98 said:
Statistically they are top five. But they way they are playing RIGHT NOW is not top five.

I hope they can fix it cause we were relying on that to be the strength of this team and as of now it isn't.

What's the matter? A fan can't be positive about the team around here? You're such a Debbie Downer! :141847_bnono:

olyfan63

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2tkmse2s said:
Tech Worlds":2tkmse2s said:

What's the matter? A fan can't be positive about the team around here? You're such a Debbie Downer! :141847_bnono:

The Hawks defense has given away 3 road games to 4th quarter come-from-behind drives. Arizona, Detroit, Miami. And the defense has looked absolutely pathetic and clueless in those game-deciding moments, especially Detroit and Miami. Just to keep us off balance though, they forced New England into 2 straight 3-and-outs when they had to.

NYCoug

Reaction score
LymonHawk":3lsnq4uc said:
Tech Worlds":3lsnq4uc said:

Hey, it's Ray Charles!

You know, in a lot of ways the Seahawks and Ray Charles are similar. Ray Charles may not have been the greatest pianist in the world but he would always have to rank right up there. And much like Ray had his disabilities so do the Seahawks and they are obvious for everyone to see... fan, coach, GM, player, owner, etc. But you know what... they've got moxy, chutzpah, spunk, and zeal. Most teams would've folded it in already with so many crushing losses in one season and so many roller coaster games. No, instead the Seahawks continue to fight. Instantly forgetting about the last game. And damnit, people have to love them for that. Fan or foe. If not love them, at least respect them. If they never go on that great run to fittingly end this season like I've long thought they would, okay, that's fine, so be it. At least I'll know they've entertained the shite out of me and had me at the edge of my seat every single game. That's unheard of in this day's NFL where blowouts are a common occurence no matter how great the blowoutees are thought to be

This is not a concession speech either. I firmly believe that the Seahawks will end this season on a high note in spite of the drama and off the field BS that's probably about to go down. I'm remembering back to the days of training camp right now. When no player could do any wrong. Every player seemingly had limitless potential. Part of that was being a fan but the other part was that I truly believed. I genuinely believed in the talent on this roster and the personalities they are and the potential and destiny for greatness that they all seemed to share... Before I let the 11 games of 2012 completely change my perception of what I thought I knew.

I like where the OP is going with this. Good stuff, Chapman. I'm really trying to get back to what made watching the games so fun for me. The older I get, the more apathetic and negative I see myself getting. I think because I've watched an endless amount of Seahawks games over the years I've convinced myself that I know what the future is going to hold. And so far this season my premonitions have mostly come true, save for the Patriots game which took me completely by surprise. Tomorrow is going to be dedicated to shaking that feeling. I'm going to revert back to my early fan days where I truly believed anything was possible, despite what "logic" might tell me. Part of what I loved about becoming a fan of the Hawks was how endlessly optimistic I could always be despite the constant wave of negative results. It's time to get back to that, for me at least, no matter how illogical that seems at this point in time. Cause let me tell you, this waiting for shiz to hit the fan routine has to be doing a number on my life expectancy.

As far as the defense deteriorating is concerned... I think they'll be fine. Every unit has gone through it's slumps, even the one in your pants. It happens. It's not that it happens but how you respond that defines who you are and how you will be remembered. How will Sherman and Browner be remembered the rest of the way after the Chicago game? How will the defense be remembered once this season is over? Remember when the offense, especially the quarterback position, seemed to be an achilles heel of this team? Would anyone have guessed that the defense would be the side of the ball we would be concerned about heading into Week 13? Probably not. So you never know what can happen. It is still very possible that this defense revert back to playing lights out football down the stretch. They must now know that the rest of the league has caught on to their flaws and weaknesses. These are bright, well-paid people we are talking about. With the potential suspensions of Sherm/Browner looming, this is where Pete Carroll and Gus Bradley will have to earn their money. Can they help save this season by adapting to the situation and putting the players in the right place to succeed? We shall see. At the beginning of the season, if asked this question I wouldn't have hesitated and said yes, yes they can. Despite what I've seen and what I think I know to be true, I'm going to watch this Hawks game with all my baggage left at the door and all the other BS losses and meltdowns left in the past. I'll let you know how it goes. Who am I kidding? I'll probably be the first guy cursing out Bevell on an Empty Shotgun formation on 3rd and short. Either way, Go Hawks!