You guys see the Steve Harper article?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
You guys see the Steve Harper article?
Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:35 pm

• Thanks a lot Zeb, I'm at work - I've got a repuation as a tough guy to uphold as a tough looking guy - hard to uphold that repuation with tears in my eyes ;)~ Seriously though, great story and article.

Don't know anybody myself with severe CP, but for some reason after seeing the movie King Gimp a few years ago I've got a real soft spot for CP stories - perhaps it is because I'm a fairly outgoing person who loves to talk and be animated and I can't imagine what it would be like to have all of my mental facilities but to be trapped in a body that made it extremely difficult to share that part of my personality.
    Chrome_Seahawk
    NET Starter

• I don't remember a lot about Steve when he used to post here, I just remember thinking he was a real sonuva bi*ch, and then feeling terrible for thinking that about him.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Please note: A warning for anyone that feels the need to vent about Steve Harper's online history in this topic:
    "I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger"

This is a great story about a huge Seahawks fan, and should be celebrated as such. Keep your negativity on the subject to the smack shack.
    Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

• lol, and now I feel a little better - it is good to know that even people with severe CP can communicate well enough to be considered blowhards on Internet Message boards.

When did he stop posting?? I've been lurking here since at least 2004 and don't recall his name. Then again, perhaps I just don't remember the screen-name.
    Chrome_Seahawk
    NET Starter

• It's been a long time, as far as I remember. Maybe even before 2004.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Hey, Steve was very difficult to deal with when discussing Seahawks topics, but there is no way I'll question his loyalty to the Seahawks, and I give him all the credit and praise in the world for overcoming his handicap. Nice to see him portrayed so well in the article.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Nice article. I wish Steve well.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Zebulon Dak wrote:I don't remember a lot about Steve when he used to post here, I just remember thinking he was a real sonuva bi*ch, and then feeling terrible for thinking that about him.

I thought that name sounded familiar, thanks to the veil of dead brain cells couldn't tell if the memories are good or not.

That being said, very cool write up :th2thumbs:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Had a picture on my computer room wall of Steve in a green robe wearing a crown.

A great Seahawks fan for sure. Strongly opinionated but still a great fan.

:les:
    Getting ready for some football
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Very touching article. I remember Steve's posts here at .net in the early 2000s. His passion for the Seahawks is second to none.
    Keyhawk
    NET Rookie

• let me dump my colostomy bag, and I'll get back with ya.

Don't judge...its my 60th birthday.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Great article.

LOVE this photo
    Attachments
    harperzorn.jpg
    harperzorn.jpg (16.03 KiB) Viewed 1831 times
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• That's a really nice article. And just imagine how many lives Russell Wilson has impacted already in his short career as a Seahawk. After every loss I've been upset (like usual) until Monday or Tuesday when Wilson, or a fan, posts a picture on Twitter of him at a hospital with an ill child...
    Hawkaholic
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• I remember him from way back to Seahawks98.com. Good article. And back in the day a lively poster.
    HOLLYWOOD
    NET Starter

• HOLLYWOOD wrote:I remember him from way back to Seahawks98.com. Good article. And back in the day a lively poster.

Yep, he sure liked to argue his point of view,,Didn't pull any punches.
    I think he took out all his frustrations on the .NET, gave no quarter, and and expected none in return.
    I got annoyed with the brash in this guy, but I always liked him :th2thumbs:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Re: You guys see the Steve Harper article?
Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:33 pm
  • WHOA!! Has this place changed in 10 years or WHAT? I'm just gonna stop right there...

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:03 am
  • BlueThunder wrote:WHOA!! Has this place changed in 10 years or WHAT? I'm just gonna stop right there...

LOL...so true.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Steve while posting and getting banned brought back and getting banned again over several turns and mostly his dissapproval of Holmgren was never waivering in his love for the Hawks. Pain in the ass to be sure many times, but held his ground unwavering. If you were able to just have a topic to talk about that wasn't set up as a ticking time bomb he was a great person to talk to.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    NET Veteran

• I forget his specific arguments, but I do recall the uproar he and Tabs would tend to cause in that message board era. In retrospect, I bet I agree with Steve's points.
    Jac
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:53 pm
  • STEVE_HARPER was a mainstay of the Seahawks.net board when I was just a lurker. (I guess I'm still mostly a lurker). For better or for worse, he made a big impression on me in those days, and in an odd way, seeing the story is almost like hearing what a high school idol has been doing in the last 10 years since graduation. Thanks for sharing the article.
    Boiler
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Steve sits on the northwest corner about the goal line in the upper wheelchair seating. Really you can't miss him. He enjoys when people stop by and say hello. Chances are if you say who you are he'll remember you!

Every year I try to stop by and say hi to him at least one time, and we have a nice 'chat'. If you have a little bit of time, he'll punch up some words on his laptop, which is quite extraordinary. He's basically whacking his head on a button and making words. Quite a site to witness.

He was a great part of this community, just someone who couldn't ever let anything go. He won every argument just by wearing you down!
    * NET Staff *

• People with disabilities can be jerks, too.
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Steve Harper. After he left .NET I had some strong words about his leaving that can euphemistically be summed up as:

"I wish him well in his future endeavors'.
    ...and with one kiss of his bicep he proved, without a shadow of doubt, that he was every bit as much of a DBag as his coach, and most of his team's fanbase. Finally, he could call himself a Niner!
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information